City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
This thread is about to become the new "it's quiet" ;-)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2g7tb51DCU[/video]

Haha, love Elvis!

Now I'm showing my age :-)

Nah not really.. the King transcends age groups.

I notice that remix of Bossa Nova Baby for the Heineken advert has been prompted yet another new Elvis release - sometimes you are better off dead (money-wise anyway!)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIWUckYM0-Q[/video]

Pastor Kidney said:
blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Haha, love Elvis!

Nah not really.. the King transcends age groups.

I notice that remix of Bossa Nova Baby for the Heineken advert has been prompted yet another new Elvis release - sometimes you are better off dead (money-wise anyway!)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIWUckYM0-Q[/video]
Hate that remix...starts off with bossa and than fucks up.
WTF? where is bossa nova?

Pretty much like Flithy Fore Play.

alib said:
aren't we in danger of becoming a bit Arsenal like here by celebrating a good set of financial accounts?
No, because the cartel tried to link investment in the football team to those clubs with major revenues. So a strong set of financial results indicates that we can carry on progressing as a football club. We haven't had those results yet, so it's all speculative

UEFA will, and with some justification continue to 'adapt' FFP rules. It'll be a cat mouse game all the way - but that's to be expected. Indeed, they've already been putting forward this line for some time. It's not a one off set of rules, but a continuous assessment and adjustment.

The tricky part for them will be blocking off any FFP 'workarounds' for some clubs, whilst keeping them open for others. It's not impossible for them to fine tune the regulations so as to hurt specific clubs more than others, but it's going to get a lot harder to keep doing that, and if they do manage it, a lot harder to put forward the impression of impartiality.

At present, people are still falling into the trap of allowing big clubs to win huge deals, and applaud them for being innovative and exploiting their brand to the max, whilst others (like City) who may also be innovative are labelled as 'FFP skirting'. Much like tax avoidance, it's considered abhorrent if your face doesn't fit, and entirely sensible and logical otherwise.

I believe we still have a few storms to weather with UEFA, but well eventually come out the other side smiling. The only real worry is how much of a storm UEFA will try to cause us in the meantime.

I remember this one day at primary school where the class bully pinched me.

I turned round and belted him that hard round the face with one of my footy boots he had to go to hospital with concussion and needed stitches in his face.

Just popped up in my head after decades today that.

Spooky.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
They bunkered down, they plotted and manipulated. They were oblivious, arrogant and ignorant.

They didn't see it coming, they took tea, they broke bread, they tried to starve us out.

They patted themselves on the back, they slept snug in their beds at night.

They will wake very soon to a new dawn.

They will shit themselves.

Not to sure they don't know what's coming mate. The spending of Arse, Rags and Liverpool, Chavs have always invested heavily tells me they know exactly what's about to hit them.

We have been playing at it so far :-!

They don't know the half of it.

It wouldn't be good sport for City to spoil the 'money shot'.

Tolmie, Call me very sensitive but I feel i detect a chirpy mood today, a certain spring in your step and I have an image in my mind's eye of you with your Tolmie's hairdo and a grin like a Cheshire cat. Now, the news about the deals is good, very good and you told it us before any paper got wind of it, but I wouldn't have thought it was that good. So, what else do you know that you haven't told us?

Prestwich_Blue said:

Postby Prestwich_Blue » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm

I have to confess I was surprised and disappointed when we failed FFP as I thought we'd been blind-sided by UEFA's treachery. However I now think that the Sheikh and his team have played a blinder and have kippered UEFA completely.

I think the best part of all this is that Sheikh Mansour and his advisers always simply tell the truth while they "lather you before shaving" as my old headmaster used to say - that is they lure you on, while you think your so clever and then they make a complete fool of you as they snare you and get exactly what they wanted all along. I was a little worried when the front man for the takeover talked about "deep pockets" and "all star teams" (though the one we've got now fits the bill!) but when he was ushered away and we could read the Sheikh's open letter (amazing how many reporters have never heard of it!) I realised the enormous luck we had just had. Everything since has shown that luck to be greater and greater.

The Sheikh has built up and is still building up a business on the soundest of investment principles. He's had to abide by a set of"fair play" (whatever that means) rules which are so crazily illogical as to defy rational analysis. OK, yes, he's dealt with them. No he's not. UEFA says so. Fine. We'll take a pinch. Look at our accounts now, Michel, my friend. All done and dusted, all according to the rules you had drawn up. Oh dear, is that Liverpool who've failed? My friend Arsene doesn't seem too pleased about something! My word, are the Glazers going to spend like that every year? Oh, Michel, have I told you about the CFG.....

FFP is already in a Sheikh Mansour's rear view mirror. It is others who are going to have to worry. The problem for ALL the big clubs is not making the Champions League. United will survive a year out of it because their debt management is covered by massive endorsement deals and the PL TV contract. Not sure how it would play for some other teams, but then again, MOST of the top clubs in other leagues around Europe are virtually assured of CL football every year.

Can anyone imagine Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, or PSG not being in the CL? No, me either, which means for the coming years ALL EIGHT POT 1 teams have been pre-determined!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Haha, love Elvis!

Well I was three when he died but he was a Big blue by all accounts, had the shoes an all.

Ha ha superb Tolm. Fantastic cryptic clue. I'm a little surprised by that but perhaps shouldn't be seeing as they are involved in other sports. Does this tie in with the fact that we also own NYFC?

Maly Wilson said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:
Haha, love Elvis!

Well I was three when he died but he was a Big blue by all accounts, had the shoes an all.

Ha ha superb Tolm. Fantastic cryptic clue. I'm a little surprised by that but perhaps shouldn't be seeing as they are involved in other sports. Does this tie in with the fact that we also own NYFC?

IBM?

Chippy_boy said:
Maly Wilson said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

IBM?

Not been online for a few days all, SO PLEASE could somebody put me wise as to what is happening that leads to Tolmie`s clues and a sense of excitement that appears to be going on ???????????? Please save me going back through loads of pages.

Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.