City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I think also that we retain 100% image rights on all our players from what I've read. With a lower wage bill and partial or no image rights we could actually be significantly worse off.

fbloke said:
Its great that so many journalists are churning out what are nothing more than opinion pieces which seem to be based on rumour, incorrect assumptions and simple inaccuracies.

As MCFC have plainly refused to engage with any journalists on the subject beyond a few banalities and UEFA have said nothing to anyone, not even the clubs involved, the sources that are informing such opinions must be pretty top notch.

100% agree. Three perfect nouns there...rumour, assumption and inaccuracy.

I'll add two more...supposition and the best one...guesswork.

Fans should know by now that the Club is being run the right way; Christ knows, we've waited long enough.

Few if any leaks about internal dealings or rumblings and that has been cascaded from the top, where there sits a man who has bottomless pockets due to him being a shrewd and astute businessman.

I have a wry smile, because they don't know what is going on, are deperate to know and are ultimately writing conjecture. Likely a good guess, but ultimately still only a guess.

Stop getting moist because the Club are staying silent on matters. So what if you uneducated manyooo pals is giving you grief?

Imagine this under Swales' leadership? There would've been centre spread exclusives with pics of Doreen the Tea Lady in full webbing astride Billy McNeill's desk.

p.s. This is by far my favourite thread on here. Thanks to the more learned amongst us, for keeping me informed.

The lawyers will have a field day. FFP is opposite to all European and competition laws. Just hope we can get an injunction in to stop any banns or penalties until lawyers have destroyed FFP in the courts.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The story about the wages bill is another piece of hysterical nonsense. For one thing, our wages figure last year was supposed to include about £30m payoff to Mancini & his staff which, because we paid it according to contract terms, went through as wages instead of as a separate item.

For another, they've taken the total wage bill and divided it among the players, ignoring the fact that we employ other, non-playing staff. So if we employ 400 staff and the Yankees employ 250, it stands to reason our wage bill will be higher than theirs.

I agree it couldn't as the first baseman at the New York Yankees makes £287,500 a week
Thats the man that stands at first base, its an important job but its standing somewhere pretty much perfectly still

Salford_Blue said:
fbloke said:
Its great that so many journalists are churning out what are nothing more than opinion pieces which seem to be based on rumour, incorrect assumptions and simple inaccuracies.

As MCFC have plainly refused to engage with any journalists on the subject beyond a few banalities and UEFA have said nothing to anyone, not even the clubs involved, the sources that are informing such opinions must be pretty top notch.

100% agree. Three perfect nouns there...rumour, assumption and inaccuracy.

I'll add two more...supposition and the best one...guesswork.

Fans should know by now that the Club is being run the right way; Christ knows, we've waited long enough.

Few if any leaks about internal dealings or rumblings and that has been cascaded from the top, where there sits a man who has bottomless pockets due to him being a shrewd and astute businessman.

I have a wry smile, because they don't know what is going on, are deperate to know and are ultimately writing conjecture. Likely a good guess, but ultimately still only a guess.

Stop getting moist because the Club are staying silent on matters. So what if you uneducated manyooo pals is giving you grief?

Imagine this under Swales' leadership? There would've been centre spread exclusives with pics of Doreen the Tea Lady in full webbing astride Billy McNeill's desk.

p.s. This is by far my favourite thread on here. Thanks to the more learned amongst us, for keeping me informed.

City probably haven't leaked. But UEFA leak like a sieve. "Testing the water". Some of Platini & Gill's favoured journalists will have an inside line.

sam-caddick said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 7 mins

The Times/@Marcotti: City's punishment if they breach FFP could be a £1 penalty for every £1 that they are over the allowed limit.

So they will be paying City some money between £3m and £8m? Nice of them.

A wage cap is the best way forward, and the transfer fee system is certainly in need of reform. There should be a cap on this, and a formula based on a player's current contract salary plus an adjustment for the remaining length of that contract, allied to the proposed salary and length of contract at his new club wouldn't be too difficult for the brains to fathom. It already exists in some form to younger players who get poached, like Sturridge did.

I also think the brains should be finding a way to get home grown players into squads, and incentives added to a higher minimum quota is fair as it helps all clubs wherever they are in the league.

But would the brains ever think of it? No. Let's just slag City for 'ruining football'.

I think we should have an open competition, with no rules on who can play, other than EU rules on employment. Clubs should be able to pay what they want to who they want. FFP is just competition rigging, keeping the status quo and preventing new competition.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The story about the wages bill is another piece of hysterical nonsense. For one thing, our wages figure last year was supposed to include about £30m payoff to Mancini & his staff which, because we paid it according to contract terms, went through as wages instead of as a separate item.

For another, they've taken the total wage bill and divided it among the players, ignoring the fact that we employ other, non-playing staff. So if we employ 400 staff and the Yankees employ 250, it stands to reason our wage bill will be higher than theirs.
Also the fact that City were a club recognised as paying a decent living wage to it's non-playing staff unlike the chiselers doing the complaining

jonmcity said:
I think we should have an open competition, with no rules on who can play, other than EU rules on employment. Clubs should be able to pay what they want to who they want. FFP is just competition rigging, keeping the status quo and preventing new competition.

Totally agree with this ^^^

Where was FFP before Sheikh Mansour came along?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.