City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

IanBishopsHaircut said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Would you really want that c*nt fabregas anywhere near City?

In the summer when Mr Toure was having his little tantrum slating us? Absolutely. Even now, yes I'd still have him. Fantastic player

Di Maria and Sanchez would also have strengthened our squad significantly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is severely deluded. We are going to have to start competing for this level of player again at some point, hopefully FFPR will be less of an issue and we can do it soon, maybe even this summer

We are top of the league and through to the last 16 of the champions league...we are just about to buy the best goalscorer in the premier league through the year of 2014...we have won 2 out of the last 3 premiership titles

We don't have to buy every good player in the world

Never said we did but it's no coincidence that our star player is one that we shelled out the most money for. To be fair we've splashed 30 mill on Fernandinho and 30 million on Mangala in the past couple of seasons though they are/were both gambles. If we can keep plucking gems like Fernandinho out and winning the league then great, but Sanchez, di maria and Fabregas are some of the best players to come to the prem this season and if we keep missing out on the top players every year then it's going to be difficult to say the least

Yes we're joint top of the league but who's to say that if we'd have signed one or two of those players we wouldn't be a few points clear? Champions league we've struggled but scraped through thankfully. Fact of the matter is we'd be considerably stronger with any one of them. No denying that

KennyG said:
Sell Jovetic, Nastasic and Sinclair and get Bony and Barkley in.
every time ive seen barkley this year hes been wank.my everton supporting workmate says apart from the odd good game hes been crap and reckons most bluedippers would snatch our hand off for 30 mill

I find it a little hard to believe City would have spunked £75 million on Di Maria though.

Daily Fail online.

Won't post a link.(this is under them slaughtering Frank Lampard about NYCFC)

Manchester United the one realistic destination for Lionel Messi as FFP means only Louis van Gaal's side and Real Madrid could afford Barcelona superstar

jrb said:
Daily Fail online.

Manchester United the one realistic destination for Lionel Messi as FFP means only Louis van Gaal's side and Real Madrid could afford Barcelona superstar
And that's a failing of FFP. We have to keep our net spend to within £49m, but what if City come up with this talked about £500m package, yet over a five year period Messi brings in £600m+ by way of merchandising and sponsorship? Platini would rule that City had broken the rules yet in time it could have proven to be the finest bit of business ever been done by a football club.

jrb said:
Daily Fail online.

Claims the Football Finance expert at De Montfort University Leicester.
Well as it happens - he's right with our current finances. What he fails to realise is the financial acumen available to the Sheikh and the additional sponsorship just waiting to pile in on such a move (e.g. Nike).

One day the morons that populate the English press corps will realise who they are dealing with. the best managed club in the world.
If Carling did owners...

jrb said:
Daily Fail online.

I'm guessing there's no sarcastic reference to Financial FAIR Play in there?

city saint said:
KennyG said:
every time ive seen barkley this year hes been wank.my everton supporting workmate says apart from the odd good game hes been crap and reckons most bluedippers would snatch our hand off for 30 mill

The Everton fans at my work would happily drive him to the etihad for anything over 30 million. In fact they are hoping we bid as they think he is the next Rodwell.

nwanda said:
city saint said:
KennyG said:

The Everton fans at my work would happily drive him to the etihad for anything over 30 million. In fact they are hoping we bid as they think he is the next Rodwell.

He will have his best game of the season tomorrow, the clamor to sign him will grow, then he'll return to the relative mediocrity I've seen from him in nearly every other game. I just hope our scouts are watching every game of his.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.