City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

jrb said:
City to renegotiate the Nike kit deal. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11339387/Manchester-City-to-open-talks-with-Nike-to-improve-on-12-million-year-a-year-kit-deal-currently-in-place.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... place.html</a>

Ogden can't help himself can he, had to have another little dig at the end of that article.

jrb said:
City to renegotiate the Nike kit deal. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11339387/Manchester-City-to-open-talks-with-Nike-to-improve-on-12-million-year-a-year-kit-deal-currently-in-place.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... place.html</a>

Thanks for sharing the good news JRB. Every few million helps!

Am I alone in now not even reading the shite that newspapers churn out about City and FFP?

They are so inaccurate in almost every way that to propose a counter position is now beyond tedious.

Add to that the fact that UEFA are not in the habit of applying the rules as we all expect them to and you get a cluster-fuck of guesswork and counter guesswork smattered by an occasionally opaque bit of suggestion.

fbloke said:
Am I alone in now not even reading the shite that newspapers churn out about City and FFP?

They are so inaccurate in almost every way that to propose a counter position is now beyond tedious.

Add to that the fact that UEFA are not in the habit of applying the rules as we all expect them to and you get a cluster-fuck of guesswork and counter guesswork smattered by an occasionally opaque bit of suggestion.

You're probably right about the accuracy, or rather lack of, in the newspaper reports. However, they did correctly manage to leak the news of our FFP punishment last season. Having said that, every media organisation ran with that story whereas this latest so-called "investigation" that we're under has only been run by the Mail and the Telegraph so far which would suggest this time round that it has little basis in fact.

fbloke said:

how do you know if you don't read them :-)

tonea2003 said:
fbloke said:

how do you know if you don't read them :-)

This thread? ;-)

fbloke said:

I think we are all comfortable buying in certain shops and maybe drinking in certain pubs or eating in certain restaurants so we probably choose our newspapers with the same care.

Paying to read a newspaper which has opinions that differ from mine is something I refrain from. Unfortunately the Nationals cannot afford to be fair in the way they flavour their product, they must pander to their readership so its content will be predictable.

Like you i can see on this forum what I already know and that is that we are only news if we are beaten or in trouble either real, suspected or imaginary.

This is what happens when a cartel is threatened, especially when the newcomers business plan is as imaginative (and expensive) as the one ADUG are carrying out.

Many years ago my dad told me that anyone can support United, it takes character to support City.
The FFP crap together with newspaper and media spin is simply testing our character.
Thankfully our owners are playing the long game which seems to irk our enemies allthe more, after all, do we have a sense of fairness or understanding when we see United beaten by Soton ?

SilverFox2 said:
fbloke said:

I think we are all comfortable buying in certain shops and maybe drinking in certain pubs or eating in certain restaurants so we probably choose our newspapers with the same care.

Paying to read a newspaper which has opinions that differ from mine is something I refrain from. Unfortunately the Nationals cannot afford to be fair in the way they flavour their product, they must pander to their readership so its content will be predictable.

Like you i can see on this forum what I already know and that is that we are only news if we are beaten or in trouble either real, suspected or imaginary.

This is what happens when a cartel is threatened, especially when the newcomers business plan is as imaginative (and expensive) as the one ADUG are carrying out.

Many years ago my dad told me that anyone can support United, it takes character to support City.
The FFP crap together with newspaper and media spin is simply testing our character.
Thankfully our owners are playing the long game which seems to irk our enemies allthe more, after all, do we have a sense of fairness or understanding when we see United beaten by Soton ?

Very wise man your Dad was, a fantastic quote!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.