City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

aguero93:20 said:
squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Can I ask, if UEFA attempted to exclude us from next season's Champions League, does that mean we could blow any amount we want this summer?

Only asking because of the posts insisting Liverpool can't be assessed because not in Europe last season?
it would seem so if the Liverpool analogy is correct

in fact, why not do a scum and finish in seventh, get no European football and blow half a billion on a new team
You know it won't work that way ;) That Liverpool/Monaco thing is a sure fire bet to get challenged this summer in my book. If Everton have any brains they'll do it if they finish fifth.
If we or PSG were to get banned we'd almost certainly do it as well.
the 'Liverpool won't be assessed' is just media hope imo
if they get away with it what's the point in FFPR

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

in fact, why not do a scum and finish in seventh, get no European football and blow half a billion on a new team
You know it won't work that way ;) That Liverpool/Monaco thing is a sure fire bet to get challenged this summer in my book. If Everton have any brains they'll do it if they finish fifth.
If we or PSG were to get banned we'd almost certainly do it as well.
the 'Liverpool won't be assessed' is just media hope imo
if they get away with it what's the point in FFPR
Same with me tbh, I've said it over and over again UEFA themselves haven't made an official statement that I've seen on the matter and the FFPR state that anyone wishing to enter UEFA competition in 14/15 has to pass the first monitoring period, also Chelski, Arse and Scum have said they're not being investigated but Liverpool haven't and Ayre and the other **** have been very, very quiet on FFP and city recently.
Besides, Law, Rules and Regulations apply to everybody or nobody, it's the foundation stone of the western world and while it might not be literally true it cannot be publicly ignored or be seen to be publicly ignored. If Liverpool, Monaco, Moenchengladbach and Roma (that I can think of) don't have to pass FFPR, neither does anyone else.

squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Can I ask, if UEFA attempted to exclude us from next season's Champions League, does that mean we could blow any amount we want this summer?

Only asking because of the posts insisting Liverpool can't be assessed because not in Europe last season?

Well if it is, we should gladly accept a break for 12 months and spend £500m on updating the team for the next five years

£200m on Messi would be a nice starting point.

squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

So it was all a cunning plan ?

As I read it seems like the club will know today that we failed FFP or not, but possible fines or ban will be public in early May...

I know our owner wants the exposure the Champions League brings but what a statement we could make if we were winning every domestic trophy for the next two years.

It would humiliate the FA and Premier League that their standard bearer was not representing them, bring pressure to the table.

It would be a bit like Ali out in the wilderness while others laid claim to being the undisputed champion.

remember arthur mann said:
squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

You might be giving Gollum too much credit there, he's just good at finishing sixth or seventh.

Re: City & FFP (updated)

tolmie's hairdoo said:

No it probably mean Liverpool will be looking with a squinted eye at what happens to us especially the owners. If city get dicked over with ffpr then they know worse is in the post for them they have smaller revenues and a smaller squad which means spend more to compete and fail more or spend less maybe even sell and comply with a worse or not improved team when there books are looked at next year

squirtyflower said:

You might be giving Gollum too much credit there, he's just good at finishing sixth or seventh.

We hold their Europa League fate in our hands as things stand.

As soon as we guarantee Champions League qualification, as Capital One Cup winners, seventh place opens up.

Thursday nights on Channel Five will never be the same again!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I know our owner wants the exposure the Champions League brings but what a statement we could make if we were winning every domestic trophy for the next two years.

It would humiliate the FA and Premier League that their standard bearer was not representing them, bring pressure to the table.

It would be a bit like Ali out in the wilderness while others laid claim to being the undisputed champion.
Gill has beaten you to that one (Premier League FFP) but here's the crux of the entire matter, do UEFA genuinely have the balls to ban a domestic champion? Do they have the balls to ban Barca over falsifying their books re Neymar for the 15/16 season when they're passing judgement on this season? Or Madrid/Atleti for unpaid tax bills and illegal state aid? I don't think so...<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:22 am --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:

We hold their Europa League fate in our hands as things stand.

As soon as we guarantee Champions League qualification, as Capital One Cup winners, sixth place opens up. sorry tolmie, we're relying on spurs dropping points and the scum actually winning a few games :(

Thursday nights on Channel Five will never be the same again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.