City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

LoveCity said:
An Italian finance site has done an investigation and claims the European Club Association (ECA) has proposed a mellow version of FFP to Platini. How would this effect us and how would #4 effect that lot?

B7PpKF8IUAAb0yj.png

B7PpKEGIMAAEQQC.png

B7PpKF6IEAARpDq.png

B7PpJ6jIQAA8FHC.png

It wouldn't affect us at all at this stage although it would leave a sour taste in the mouth of fans of the clubs punished under the original FFPR. I actually like the proposals outlined here apart from #4. It wouldn't affect the scum at all to answer your question LC as they have debts of around £350m and a net worth of around £2,200m. It also won't protect clubs in the slightest as it would allow any club to have insane debt to worth ratios.

Well, an inclusion on debt would be good, but you'll note that 3 times net assets as a limit would have no effect on the big clubs, but a huge effect on smaller ones. Plus ca change...

Also, the bit about higher limits for new owners would be considered fundamentally contrary to the laws of fair competition - you can't have one owner allowed to work by entirely different rules to another.

aguero93:20 said:
LoveCity said:
An Italian finance site has done an investigation and claims the European Club Association (ECA) has proposed a mellow version of FFP to Platini. How would this effect us and how would #4 effect that lot?

It wouldn't affect us at all at this stage although it would leave a sour taste in the mouth of fans of the clubs punished under the original FFPR. I actually like the proposals outlined here apart from #4. It wouldn't affect the scum at all to answer your question LC as they have debts of around £350m and a net worth of around £2,200m. It also won't protect clubs in the slightest as it would allow any club to have insane debt to worth ratios.
Number 4 is friggin' insane. If Newcastle were worth (say) £50 million they could have debts of up to £150 million????

And would they backdate it so we can get the benefit of the CFA? Stupid question, of course not.

LoveCity said:

B7PpKF8IUAAb0yj.png

B7PpKEGIMAAEQQC.png

B7PpKF6IEAARpDq.png

B7PpJ6jIQAA8FHC.png

*4 if they change that to 3 times turnover :)

Point 2 would be the main one for me

Completely unworkable

Basically means everyone can spend the same amount?

Del_Bosque said:

Completely unworkable

Yep, that's the one I'm massively in favour of, as long as they change 'amortisation' to 'original transfer fee cost', as otherwise it will give an advantage to established clubs that have re signed players to new contracts and lowered their amortisation figures as opposed to the up and coming clubs.

Del_Bosque said:

Completely unworkable

Yep, that's the one I'm massively in favour of, as long as they change 'amortisation' to 'original transfer fee cost', as otherwise it will give an advantage to established clubs that have re signed players to new contracts and lowered their amortisation figures as opposed to the up and coming clubs.

Your for it??
For 30 odd years we have not had a pot to piss in and now.. lets have some fun phuck the rest wage cap how long do you Think the EPL will be on the top gravy train ? no way.. lets get to the top of the tree looking down... as they splash around in the barrel

Victoria-bahs said:
Del_Bosque said:

Completely unworkable

Your for it??
For 30 odd years we have not had a pot to piss in and now.. lets have some fun phuck the rest wage cap how long do you Think the EPL will be on the top gravy train ? no way.. lets get to the top of the tree looking down... as they splash around in the barrel

Yes I'm for it, I've always been in favour of a form of FFP that would actually provide a level playing field.

Not really in favour of any of it: if you want financial fair play, you have to start with evening out the income that each club receives and we are a long way from that domestically and to think of doing it across Europe is just insane. Could you even imagine a situation where - say - all the teams in the top division of each of England, Spain, Germany, France and Italy had a equal income?

UEFA should fuck off out of club's financial affairs.

The problem with a salary cap is that it would have to be FIFA wide. If UEFA brought in the proposed changes then we'd see stacks of players disappearing to the likes of China, India and Qatar where they could be paid huge amounts without any restrictions. Even if UEFA did bring it in, they'd have to bring it in for all clubs too rather than just those competing in UEFA competitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.