City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Bluewonder said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Which teams voted against FFP in the Premiership?

I know we did, Aston Villa and someone else, but I'm not sure.

I know those spineless cretins from Reading abstained!!

Southampton voted against it, making their current success even more deserved.

fulham also voted against it and i think the other one was WBA(??)...

Bluewonder said:

I've always had a soft spot for Villa as I have a mate that has supported them since 1964.
My rock idols Black Sabbath are all Villa fans as well, and the fact that they sided with us I really hope they can get some form of success.

I didn't know about Southampton but I really hope they dump the rags into 5th, that would be sweet sweet justice, I'd love to see martin edwards choke on that baby!!!!

MihaiCity said:
Bluewonder said:

Southampton, Swansea, Manchester City, Fulham, West Brom and Aston Villa voted against and Reading abstained.

As soon as it was given the moniker fair play it was pretty obvious that it was not about fairness. First thing I learnt at school was how often words are used to hide intent and that any country called democratic in its name is usually not.

EalingBlue2 said:
As soon as it was given the moniker fair play it was pretty obvious that it was not about fairness. First thing I learnt at school was how often words are used to hide intent and that any country called democratic in its name is usually not.

Made me smirk that!

But it's true too. By putting that label 'fair play' on it, they attempted (successfully) to hoodwink the masses into thinking 'yes, we want fair play'. The masses all seemed to fall for the idea that somehow it would stop bit spending and give their clubs a chance. They could never really grasp that it was forming a 'big spenders' cartel, and permanently excluding the rest.

It was what you might call 'the death of hope' in football.

It then went at far as to claim it wasn't really aimed and curbing big spenders, but to protect clubs from overstretching themselves. At the same time, it did nothing to prohibit the levels of debt, and did everything to prevent guaranteed investments in failing clubs (like City).

The masses still don't understand what's happening to them. Most clubs never hoped for CL, so they don't feel all that aggrieved (yet), but clubs like Liverpool are absolutely convinced we are the root of all evil and are more or less taking up their 'rightful' place in CL.
A few clubs that are actively seeking new owners have now started to realise how FFP is an inhibitor.

LoveCity said:
An Italian finance site has done an investigation and claims the European Club Association (ECA) has proposed a mellow version of FFP to Platini. How would this effect us and how would #4 effect that lot?
Interesting.
LoveCity said:
B7PpKF8IUAAb0yj.png
I like the wage guarantee bit, but that that must apply to 100% of player purchases that are not funded by current income.
Total tosh.to the rest.
The amount that can be invested in ANY season MUST equate to the TV and prize money available from participating in the Champions League * 1.5 every season with an additional multiplier, say 3, ( a joker if you like) that can be used in full once once every 5 years or halved and split over two concurrent seasons every 5 years).
This pretty much matches previous, historical club investment cycles.

LoveCity said:
A salary cap totally breaks the EU one market rules as much as FFP currently does.
Any cap to be legal would have to map back to the TV and prize money available from participating in the Champions League AND not disadvantage investors OR the players
Investment in Youth is to be encouraged allowing a club to take more profit rather than sharing it with bought in players.

LoveCity said:
A debt provision is a good idea.
That said it requires compete transparency of accounts and transfer fees i.e. all club accounts have to be published.
The removal of tax anomalies from any system is an excellent idea. Then again exchange rate anomalies should be removed from the system as well.

LoveCity said:
TPO is keeping clubs in Portugal afloat financially - and allows them to compete. I think it should be banned in major leagues but strict limits placed elsewhere.

Ray78 said:
MihaiCity said:
Bluewonder said:

Southampton, Swansea, Manchester City, Fulham, West Brom and Aston Villa voted against and Reading abstained.

I'll piss myself if the blue dippers get relegated.

I've only had a knife pulled on me twice as an away supporting football fan.

Everton in the 1977-78 season we won 2-1, and watching England against Italy in Turin in the Euros 1980, we lost 1-0.

Bluewonder said:

I've always had a soft spot for Villa as I have a mate that has supported them since 1964.
My rock idols Black Sabbath are all Villa fans as well, and the fact that they sided with us I really hope they can get some form of success.

I didn't know about Southampton but I really hope they dump the rags into 5th, that would be sweet sweet justice, I'd love to see martin edwards choke on that baby!!!!

Bl**dy hell Paul, always had you down as a Bachelors fan :)

Ray78 said:
MihaiCity said:

I'll piss myself if the blue dippers get relegated.

I've only had a knife pulled on me twice as an away supporting football fan.

Everton in the 1977-78 season we won 2-1, and watching England against Italy in Turin in the Euros 1980, we lost 1-0.

I was surprised QPR voted for the regulations.

Ray78 said:
MihaiCity said:
Bluewonder said:

Can someone kindly tell me which clubs actually voted for FFP. I'd like to wish relegation on them for the rest of the season. Thanks in advance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.