City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

moomba said:
Spursy22 said:
Spur supporter here. I'm reading through this thread and I really hope for your sake the owners take FFP more seriously than you guys do.

I think you guys will probably pass ffp this time coz you guys are showing improvement even tho you haven't fully met the requirements.

But I wonder if you guys are gonna start taking it to considerration from now on like Chelsea are. I know that most of you want another revamp in the summer, which might be neccessary as a lot of your players walk around thinking that City owe them and City are lucky to have them instead of the other way around.

If you guys do go on another spree from now on without considering ffp you can't complain about any reprecussions which might follow.

I'll leave it to the people with a knowledge of our finances to determine our club policy.

I expect additions to the squad in the summer in line with all rules.

You might also be surprised to learn that Chelsea have outspent us in the transfer market over the past three seasons, earn less revenue than us, made a very similar loss to us and while our financial results arw improving year by year, theres is going the other way.

I would add that clubs like Spurs have a pretty stagnant financial future whereas City have one that will deliver huge increases in revenue and indeed profits.

In truth if City are an Aston Martin then Spurs and most of the PL are bug eyed sprites, cute but way behind the times.

Spursy22 said:
Spur supporter here. I'm reading through this thread and I really hope for your sake the owners take FFP more seriously than you guys do.

I think you guys will probably pass ffp this time coz you guys are showing improvement even tho you haven't fully met the requirements.

But I wonder if you guys are gonna start taking it to considerration from now on like Chelsea are. I know that most of you want another revamp in the summer, which might be neccessary as a lot of your players walk around thinking that City owe them and City are lucky to have them instead of the other way around.

If you guys do go on another spree from now on without considering ffp you can't complain about any reprecussions which might follow.

If you really believe Chelsea only sold Mata to raise funds for Matic and Salah then they must be putting something in the water down there.

Our club are taking FFP very serious, don't believe everything you read in the media.

City need a central defender, and a fit playing squad

And like all the top clubs, if a star player becomes available we should go in for them, because Bayern, Barca, Real madrid etc all have more star quality than City

But we don't need loads of new players, we need stability,a defender, and a touch of steel

Spursy22 said:

A couple of issues with this.

Firstly, there isn't a general desire to rip up the plan and start again amongst City fans. We have changed manager, style of play and club ethos in the last 10 months, and some of the squad now do not fit. These need replacing with players who do. We won't see a massive spending spree, but will see key positions strengthened in depth to enable us to compete at home and in Europe.

Secondly, it seems FFP affects us more than other clubs, because we are at a stage where we need to spend/invest to reach the level of the top European teams. This is in both squad quality and infrastructure. FFP is an obstruction deemed unfair by most sensible people - it is a restrictive agreement in a free market world, and is supported by the clubs and organisations who will benefit from it, and bizarrely by clubs like yours who will be prevented from ever joining the elite, should they wish too. Eventually it will be tested in court and fail, like the Bosman case, and normality will resume. Until then, I trust the club to play along with UEFAs little scheme. Incidentally, this scheme is run by individuals with no track record of success. In life, you can blindly trust organisations in charge if you wish to, but don't come crying when you need a life saving operation and a butcher turns up.

Thirdly, toodle-oo!

Manchester United
£51.6m: Manchester City’s loss for year ending May 2013
£148.6m: Manchester City’s combined losses for 2011-12 and 2012-13
£37m: Maximum permitted losses for 2011-12 and 2012-13, excluding investment in stadium, training facilities and youth development
£585m: Sum spent by Manchester United to enable and sustain the Glazers’ ownership since 2005
Says it all really doesn't it?<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:45 pm --<br /><br />
Shirley said:
Spursy22 said:

If you really believe Chelsea only sold Mata to raise funds for Matic and Salah then they must be putting something in the water down there.

Our club are taking FFP very serious, don't believe everything you read in the media.
Didn't they find bleach in the water in London? That'd explain it.
Anyway, back to the cellar.

Spursy22 said:

But our income is growing and growing so if we are complying now what's the problem surely we will only go from strength to strength?

I wouldn't say people aren't taking it seriously they just see beyond the nonsense and know our owners will cope either way and if we end up bust one day and back in division two we will all still be there following our club - that's why we are not worried.

Spursy22 said:

Yep, they need to lose the attitude. They might put 20 goals past you next season instead of just the 11...

Spursy22 said:

You are very misinformed ,poor post that !

Thenumber1blue said:
Spursy22 said:

You are very misinformed ,poor post that !

They wanted a new stadium and got a 78,000 ft Sainsbury store instead ;-)

Spursy22 said:

Are you pissed? fuck off you idiot back to your own forum. You clearly know fuck all about us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.