City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

FFP already stopped us buying certain players. Surely it will effect us on making summer transfers in a way we possibly wouldnt go if FFP wouldnt be around.

But still we have a better chance to get players an sign players than 99% of the football clubs in the world. But we need a manager able to get the best out of that squad too. We didnt have it in Mancini, and big question marks over Pelle is he any different in this regard.
Thats a bigger problem for us than any FFP.

oppa gangnam style said:
FFP already stopped us buying certain players. Surely it will effect us on making summer transfers in a way we possibly wouldnt go if FFP wouldnt be around.

But still we have a better chance to get players an sign players than 99% of the football clubs in the world. But we need a manager able to get the best out of that squad too. We didnt have it in Mancini, and big question marks over Pelle is he any different in this regard.

FFP hasnt stopped us from buying anyone, common sense has.

fbloke said:
oppa gangnam style said:

We opted not buying Hazard, T. Silva, RVP, De Rossi for some big prices. Then the same with Mangala, Pepe, Isco, Cavani. If FFP is not around we would have bough them. OrSome of them at least.
Instead of wide option like Sinclair instead of Hazard, or Demichelis instead of a good CL partner for Kompany.

Mansour didnt care about spending joke amounts on real joke players (Jo, RSC etc, 22m for LESCOTT), surely he wouldnt cared about sepnding 25-30-40m for real quality players. But he had to as FFP was coming after us. It cost Mancini, it cost Pelle too.

Still both managers should have done better with the squad they had. Thats why I am saying FFP cost us, but we have bigger problems even apart from FFP.

Spursy22 said:
Spur supporter here. I'm reading through this thread and I really hope for your sake the owners take FFP more seriously than you guys do.

I think you guys will probably pass ffp this time coz you guys are showing improvement even tho you haven't fully met the requirements.

But I wonder if you guys are gonna start taking it to considerration from now on like Chelsea are. I know that most of you want another revamp in the summer, which might be neccessary as a lot of your players walk around thinking that City owe them and City are lucky to have them instead of the other way around.

If you guys do go on another spree from now on without considering ffp you can't complain about any reprecussions which might follow.
I like you.

If there is any kind of impact on us from any punishment then we should sue them for every penny (or euro). I am all for fair play and in a ten round straight knockout we could have over a thousand teams, enough to let every top flight side in Europe to contribute and share the revenue, I know it would not be a 'Champions League (Sorry just thought wile writing they might rename it the Chimpions League if Bale scores the winner) but it is not now. Look at the Wikipedia page in @60 years it has been won mostly by the same ten clubs. The league part in the first phase and seeding is all there to keep the money rolling in for their own elite. - Rant over - Blood pressure returning back to the lower part of dangerously high.

Robbo. said:
Spursy22 said:
Spur supporter here. I'm reading through this thread and I really hope for your sake the owners take FFP more seriously than you guys do.

I think you guys will probably pass ffp this time coz you guys are showing improvement even tho you haven't fully met the requirements.

But I wonder if you guys are gonna start taking it to considerration from now on like Chelsea are. I know that most of you want another revamp in the summer, which might be neccessary as a lot of your players walk around thinking that City owe them and City are lucky to have them instead of the other way around.

If you guys do go on another spree from now on without considering ffp you can't complain about any reprecussions which might follow.

Are you pissed? fuck off you idiot back to your own forum. You clearly know fuck all about us.

No way he's a keeper.

We can use him to see how much ill informed media bullshit is just sucked up and believed as gospel by fans of other clubs. Use him as a barometer.

Spursy why do other fans see a Muslim man owning and using his 'Arab Money' (media phrase) worse than say an American, a Christian, a Jew or a dodgy Russian? Some of whom even take money out of football to line their pockets.

RSVP.

oppa gangnam style said:
fbloke said:
oppa gangnam style said:

We opted not buying Hazard, T. Silva, RVP, De Rossi for some big prices. Then the same with Mangala, Pepe, Isco, Cavani. If FFP is not around we would have bough them. OrSome of them at least.
Instead of wide option like Sinclair instead of Hazard, or Demichelis instead of a good CL partner for Kompany.

Mansour didnt care about spending joke amounts on real joke players (Jo, RSC etc, 22m for LESCOTT), surely he wouldnt cared about sepnding 25-30-40m for real quality players. But he had to as FFP was coming after us. It cost Mancini, it cost Pelle too.

Still both managers should have done better with the squad they had. Thats why I am saying FFP cost us, but we have bigger problems even apart from FFP.

If you think that the man who signs the cheques has baulked at buying those players because of FFPR I reckon you need to revisit what Khaldoon said a couple of times soon after the club was bought.

I dont doubt that every club has one eye on the wider implications of FFPR but the reason that, for example Isco wasnt bought was because the club wouldnt sanction back handers and tax free payments. Hazard had many complications along similar lines and was sold at a premium.

City as a club have taken a very firm stance against agents, backhanders and tax free third party payments and that is the main reason deals were not closed not FFPR.

Spursy22 said:

tbh pal you should be more worried about FfP (the middle f is small cos it ain't fucking fair) as you are THE club most disadvantaged by it. You are a big club, with a big fanbase, in a major capital city and with a fair history - if any club would have been likely to be the next one to get the same treatment as us by decent owners then it would have been spurs - but now you have not got in the door before twatini closed it then it isn't going to happen any time soon, nobody will be able to make that initial investment - remember to thank twatini, chelsea, arsenal, united etc for that

fbloke said:
City as a club have taken a very firm stance against agents, backhanders and tax free third party payments and that is the main reason deals were not closed not FFPR.

I thought this too, yet we top the agent fees table every year even when we spend less than certain other clubs?

LoveCity said:
fbloke said:

I thought this too, yet we top the agent fees table every year even when we spend less than certain other clubs?

We do make payments to agents but they are clear, open and above board.

We may see FFP change the behaviour of big clubs because they now have to worry about their books being audited and the previously 'hidden' payments now bing out in the open.

Why were, for example, Barca so keen to get the Neymar problem solved and volunteer a multi-million € payment of tax?

There will be more of that coming out I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.