City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Damocles said:
Cobwebcat said:
There's nine different measures. A transfer embargo is not one of them unless it has been added very recently. The nearest is a restriction on the number of players than can be registered for a UEFA competition but it doesn't stop you buying the players.

Not a restriction on the number of players, a restriction on registering any new players.

Of course UEFA can't dictate a transfer embargo to effect the Premier League in licensing regulations for the Champions League. But by stating that you cannot register ANY new players they create a transfer embargo for their competition

Semantics. To me a transfer embargo is a different thing.

Cobwebcat said:
Damocles said:
Cobwebcat said:
There's nine different measures. A transfer embargo is not one of them unless it has been added very recently. The nearest is a restriction on the number of players than can be registered for a UEFA competition but it doesn't stop you buying the players.

Not a restriction on the number of players, a restriction on registering any new players.

Of course UEFA can't dictate a transfer embargo to effect the Premier League in licensing regulations for the Champions League. But by stating that you cannot register ANY new players they create a transfer embargo for their competition

It's unrealistic to presume that UEFA could create a worldwide transfer embargo in their licensing application for the Champions League. This should be self evident. It's like asking the British government to create a worldwide export ban on Coca Cola.

Britain can however create a ban on Coca Cola within their jurisdiction, which is what UEFA can also do.

Damocles said:
Cobwebcat said:
Damocles said:

It's unrealistic to presume that UEFA could create a worldwide transfer embargo in their licensing application for the Champions League. This should be self evident. It's like asking the British government to create a worldwide export ban on Coca Cola.

Britain can however create a ban on Coca Cola within their jurisdiction, which is what UEFA can also do.

I agree. I was just answering your post where the guy said a transfer embargo was not a punishment and you said it was. He was right. You interpret the meaning differently but he's still correct.

Damocles said:
Cobwebcat said:
Damocles said:

Its this very issue that will b tested in court soon.

There is the element of restraint of trade and freedom of movement of capital.

If it can be proven that player A and his agent or indeed club/3rd party owners have been financially disadvantaged by the limitations imposed by FFP then FFP will be, in all likelihood deemed to be agains EU law.

We all know that such a situation can be easily proven.

My problem was that I didn't presume anybody would think that UEFA could create a worldwide transfer embargo for their licencing application regulations, so presumed people would be aware that we were talking only about UEFA competitions.

Damocles said:
My problem was that I didn't presume anybody would think that UEFA could create a worldwide transfer embargo for their licencing application regulations, so presumed people would be aware that we were talking only about UEFA competitions.

Yes, but there are plenty of people who will find it confusing particularly as FIFA have just given Barca a punishment which is a transfer embargo in the true sense of the word.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
laserblue said:
Damocles said:
But FIFA and UEFA are different organisations?

And Barca's transfer ban has nothing to do with FFP.
'FFP' has got nothing to do with FFP either!
And FIFA and UEFA are part of the same umbrella group of Corrupt Union of Narcissistic TwatS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.