City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Samuel has got this one wrong for once. Southampton and other similar clubs have always sold their better players because those players want to go to clubs that offer them a chance of winning something and furthering their international career. When you're Phil Jones of blackburn you're a promising youngster. The day after you become Phil Jones of Manchester United you're an England international.

But if Southampton were allowed to invest the owners money on new players, it stands to reason that their chances of success will be increased and their existing players might be tempted to stay.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Samuel has got this one wrong for once. Southampton and other similar clubs have always sold their better players because those players want to go to clubs that offer them a chance of winning something and furthering their international career. When you're Phil Jones of blackburn you're a promising youngster. The day after you become Phil Jones of Manchester United you're an England international.

You would have put City in the same bracket previously, Southampton will not have a chance to keep their stars now even tho they have a wealthy owner

moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

But if Southampton were allowed to invest the owners money on new players, it stands to reason that their chances of success will be increased and their existing players might be tempted to stay.
and if they invested they may win some trophies, get in the CL and make more money

hence the phrase speculate to accumulate, although the cartel have put paid to that allowing only themselves to undeservedly accumulate and keep themselves forever with their snouts in the trough

What encourages me about this Samuel article is that it reflects a growing realisation filtering out into the public at large as to what this FFP nonsense is really about.

I had a long back and forth on some Canadian website about a year ago with a guy who absolutely bought the Twatini party line about this crap being about protecting the little fish from the big, so to speak. Rather than what it truly is, which is obviously the entirely opposite thing.

What frustrated me then was that no one else involved in the debate seemed to see it that way. Now, as the (un)intended consequences of this foolishness hurt exactly the clubs who were tricked/bullied into supporting this, I think the already shaky foundations of this despicable bit of idiocy get even more so.

cookster said:
laserblue said:
cookster said:
And that my friends is why Samuels is the sports journo of the year. No agenda just common sense.

Take note, Ladyboy, Ogden and the other red top wankers!

The irony is that Ladyboy works for the same paper as Martin Samuel.

No different to a normal company. Some talented people, some people stealing a living.

Trust me, in a 'normal' company it wouldn't be tolerated for a 2nd rate employee to be pulling in the opposition to a major player in the organisation.

laserblue said:
cookster said:
laserblue said:
The irony is that Ladyboy works for the same paper as Martin Samuel.

No different to a normal company. Some talented people, some people stealing a living.

Trust me, in a 'normal' company it wouldn't be tolerated for a 2nd rate employee to be pulling in the opposition to a major player in the organisation.

As a manager in a multi-billion dollar company I can tell you it is common place.

cookster said:
laserblue said:
cookster said:

As a manager in a multi-billion dollar company I can tell you it is common place.

As a former director (retired) in a multi billion dollar company I can tell you any competent manager or director would fuck off anyone who pulled in the opposite direction to a valued colleague on their watch. I should know because I've fucked a few of them off in my time and the company was better off for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.