City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Damocles said:
Let me make this as simple as I can as you are seemingly to struggle with this incredibly basic concept. I swear to God if you can't pick this up then you're not even trying.

Sheikh Mansour owns Manchester City lock, stock. 100% share ownership. The investment into the club is derived from his personal wealth.

Etihad Airways is owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi just like General Motors were owned by your Government or these other 146 airlines that are Government owned.

A Government consists of many different people in many different roles. The UAE Government has somewhere in the region of ~500 employees across its various ministries and departments. One of those 500 people is Sheikh Mansour, who is Joint Deputy Prime Minister which is mainly ceremonial and also runs the Department of Presidential Affairs which looks after protocols for the President.

You are suggesting that Manchester City and Etihad are owned by the same people. This is because Etihad are owned by the Abu Dhabi Government, which is the Government of the Emirate, and Sheikh Mansour is from that Emirate but works for the Government of the UAE which is the country.

This is like suggesting that because the state of Hawaii owns Honolulu Airport and Barack Obama is the US President, than Barack Obama actually owns Honolulu Airport.

As I pointed out earlier, the reason you have gotten this wrong is because it's an Arab country and you couldn't give a shit about the details because all Arabs are the same person to you lot. Thanks, and bye bye.
Even I don't believe that Sheikh Mansour's ownership is entirely separate from the aims and objectives of the UAE. He's a legal front, nothing more. I'd already told you how the Etihad sponorship was funded, which is one clue, plus the fact that Khaldoon is the chairman being another. He's possibly even more important in Abu Dhabi than Sheikh Mansour, being effectively Sheikh Mohammed's right-hand man.

Yes it's all legally separate but no one should be under any illusion that we're anything more than a PR front for the Abu Dhabi Executive Council.

Maybe this post should be in the Agenda thread but never mind
Headline this morning on Sky News, Utd to bid 100m for Bale because this summer the Adidas sponsorship of 75m a year kicks in.
Just let that sink in and then you understand just how utterly bent FFP is.

44years said:
Headline this morning on Sky News, Utd to bid 100m for Bale because this summer the Adidas sponsorship of 75m a year kicks in.

wait until our new sponsorship deals kick in at the end of the season!! :-)

richards30 said:
44years said:

Just my opinion but i honestly think we are going to stun the footballing world this summer on and off the pitch.

blueinsa said:
richards30 said:
44years said:

Just my opinion but i honestly think we are going to stun the footballing world this summer on and off the pitch.
Rope-a-dope, mate ;-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
blueinsa said:
richards30 said:

Rope-a-dope, mate ;-)

Exactly. We took the pinch and as promised, we now come out fighting.

Will never forget Khaldoon saying this but then staring at the camera with a real focus going on to say we would have the last laugh and that the whole footballing world in years to come would say why the fuck didn't we do it the City way ;-)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

blueinsa said:
richards30 said:
44years said:

Looking at the players we've been linked with, stunned is a word I'd use to describe the way I'll feel too. 'Subdued' is another word that could fit in there nicely.

allan harper said:
blueinsa said:
richards30 said:

Looking at the players we've been linked with, stunned is a word I'd use to describe the way I'll feel too. 'Subdued' is another word that could fit in there nicely.

The press have no idea, not one who it is we are after and even if they did, they wouldn't bring themselves to admitting it, rather trot out the usual lines that the rags are getting him or Chelsea are nailed on etc etc.

blueinsa said:
allan harper said:
blueinsa said:

The press have no idea, not one who it is we are after and even if they did, they wouldn't bring themselves to admitting it, rather trot out the usual lines that the rags are getting him or Chelsea are nailed on etc etc.
Do you know something though?

Damocles said:
This is like suggesting that because the state of Hawaii owns Honolulu Airport and Barack Obama is the US President, than Barack Obama actually owns Honolulu Airport.

You know Damocles, I haven't agreed with a chunk of your posts or your general approach to topics this season, but goddamnit that is the clearest and most concise way I've seen that argument knocked down. Take a bow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.