City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The attack dogs are assembling.

Its amazing though how chelsea fans winge about mansour's money when the mafia king spunked a fortune when no one else could compete with them! Then a guy comes along who was 20 times richer and they complain to uefa about spending etc!

richards30 said:

Its amazing though how chelsea fans winge about mansour's money when the mafia king spunked a fortune when no one else could compete with them! Then a guy comes along who was 20 times richer and they complain to uefa about spending etc!
There's no point in further responding to him. His posts are utterly nonsensical.

richards30 said:

I'm guessing you mean me so let me ask , When did I whine about it? Chelsea if you noticed wasn't a part of that Arsenal branded letter circulated.

I think the original discussion got digressed from. I was purely discussing how Etihad and CFG owners were effectively one and the same. In modern era, these things are emerging to be important as clubs which stick by the FFP rules to the point would feel hard done by if others find 'creative' maneuvers. Pre-FFP CIty and Chelsea competed in the market and the only people whining were Manchester United and Arsenal fans. I infact cheered City on vs United in 2012 so I am not sure why you believe Chelsea harbor some animosity towards MCFC. ( Maybe the other way round is true and I am not sure why that is though)

PixieScott said:
richards30 said:

I'm guessing you mean me so let me ask , When did I whine about it? Chelsea if you noticed wasn't a part of that Arsenal branded letter circulated.

I think the original discussion got digressed from. I was purely discussing how Etihad and CFG owners were effectively one and the same. In modern era, these things are emerging to be important as clubs which stick by the FFP rules to the point would feel hard done by if others find 'creative' maneuvers. Pre-FFP CIty and Chelsea competed in the market and the only people whining were Manchester United and Arsenal fans. I infact cheered City on vs United in 2012 so I am not sure why you believe Chelsea harbor some animosity towards MCFC. ( Maybe the other way round is true and I am not sure why that is though)

Most of us have read every post in this thread and, make no mistake, Chelsea have been right in the thick of it. Abramovic actually gets name-checked by Platini as an enthusiastic supporter of FFP at one point. From memory, it was in his infamous interview with Martin Samuel.

PixieScott said:
I was purely discussing how Etihad and CFG owners were effectively one and the same.

The issue is that they arent therefore there is nothing more to discuss. This has been looked at and scrutinised by UEFA and has been shown not to be the case therefore is not open for discussion

james1910 said:
I still cart believe that its OK for Addis to hold 7% in b Munich and its OK with ufea

The magic number is 20% , at which point the holding is classed as an associate of which they have significant influence.

The same accounting standards that rule our relationship with etihad as an unrelated party, namely ias28 & ias24

chesterguy said:
PixieScott said:
I was purely discussing how Etihad and CFG owners were effectively one and the same.

The issue is that they arent therefore there is nothing more to discuss. This has been looked at and scrutinised by UEFA and has been shown not to be the case therefore is not open for discussion

I would argue it is a mere technicality but you are right since UEFA/FIFA doesn't think so then it is anyways a moot point.

Wreckless Alec said:
Most of us have read every post in this thread and, make no mistake, Chelsea have been right in the thick of it. Abramovic actually gets name-checked by Platini as an enthusiastic supporter of FFP at one point. From memory, it was in his infamous interview with Martin Samuel.

Fair point. It seems to me that it must have made business sense for him to support it to safeguard his interests. This view for FFP is not necessarily championed by Chelsea Fans though. We are well aware of the role of money in our success. I think many see it as a business decision from him rather than some 'hate towards City' . I've seem many city fans post here saying that in the long run it would help city than hurt now that you are locked into the top teams and that FFP could be a boon with time.

I hadn't read the interview you mentioned but I skimmed through it now and it was a fascinating read! Thanks for that. I am against FFP in its present form so we're on the same page there. The interview reeks of the self serving protectionist attitude of the elite. Chelsea you could argue have submitted to that thinking. While I have obviously no evidence to suggest so but I would guess that if FFP was introduced 10 years later when city established itself as a top 5 club in the world, the management wouldn't have fussed too much over supporting FFP then for it would have been a non-issue. It's just nature of business, no matter how unfair in practice it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.