City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Chippy_boy said:
SilverFox2 said:
I just wonder how far we are along the original Sheik M. / ADUG Business Plan for City ?

By that I mean that the timeline had to be accelerated to ensure that UEFA's original rules for FFP were conformed with.
We know the FFP rules were skewed to trap PSG and City but are we still further along the timeline of expected investment results compared to how our owner envisaged ?

I cannot imagine that we are anything other than behind schedule.

The media hype in the early years about us winning the league at first attempt and likewise the Champions League, was surely ridiculous and never in the plans. But I can't imagine that we had envisaged doing better in the CL by now than we have done.

The results in other competitions, you couldn't really complain about with 2 title wins and a 2nd in the last 3 years, plus a top 4 finish at least this year. But in the CL we must surely have disappointed, especially when you look at PSG for example making it to the quarters in the last 2 seasons.

Thanks for that Chippy_boy, I agree with your on the field assessment but what about commercially ?

I know our Chairman wants to concentrate on that aspect now that FFP has been disposed of but did ADUG manage to over achieve when asked to reduce the timeline ? In other words was break even achieved sooner than the original BP ?
It was certainly quicker than UEFA members expected despite their delaying tactics.

SilverFox2 said:
Chippy_boy said:
SilverFox2 said:
I just wonder how far we are along the original Sheik M. / ADUG Business Plan for City ?

By that I mean that the timeline had to be accelerated to ensure that UEFA's original rules for FFP were conformed with.
We know the FFP rules were skewed to trap PSG and City but are we still further along the timeline of expected investment results compared to how our owner envisaged ?

The media hype in the early years about us winning the league at first attempt and likewise the Champions League, was surely ridiculous and never in the plans. But I can't imagine that we had envisaged doing better in the CL by now than we have done.

The results in other competitions, you couldn't really complain about with 2 title wins and a 2nd in the last 3 years, plus a top 4 finish at least this year. But in the CL we must surely have disappointed, especially when you look at PSG for example making it to the quarters in the last 2 seasons.

Thanks for that Chippy_boy, I agree with your on the field assessment but what about commercially ?

I know our Chairman wants to concentrate on that aspect now that FFP has been disposed of but did ADUG manage to over achieve when asked to reduce the timeline ? In other words was break even achieved sooner than the original BP ?
It was certainly quicker than UEFA members expected despite their delaying tactics.

Just noticed I worded the above completely wrongly. I meant to say "But I imagine that we had envisaged doing better in the CL by now."

Regards the commercials, who knows. We have obviously made great progress, but where we are vs any written or unwritten plan, who knows.

Chippy_boy said:
SilverFox2 said:
Chippy_boy said:

Just noticed I worded the above completely wrongly. I meant to say "But I imagine that we had envisaged doing better in the CL by now."

Regards the commercials, who knows. We have obviously made great progress, but where we are vs any written or unwritten plan, who knows.

Thanks again for reply content.

I agree the BP is intriguing.
I think they would have obviously preferred no FFP rules but the way how it has worked out commercially was not too bad in fact apart from the massive fine.
The newspaper quoted post about City orchestrating an anti FFP movement may be correct but commercially why would they do it ?

Chippy_boy said:
SWP's back said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Hi City's greatest fan. *waves back*

So we are restricted again this summer?
We? United weren't last summer.

City won't be this summer.

Unless we are. We've been around and around and around on this, haven't we.
Unless you are on the board at City or have some contacts you have not disclosed, you have no possible way of knowing whether we will be or not. City's statements and UEFA's are entirely contradictory on this topic, so we have no way of knowing which is correct.

Thank you. Somebody is able to answer the question without the childish comments of a 10 year old.

Chippy_boy said:
SWP's back said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Hi City's greatest fan. *waves back*

So we are restricted again this summer?

Unless you are on the board at City or have some contacts you have not disclosed, you have no possible way of knowing whether we will be or not. City's statements and UEFA's are entirely contradictory on this topic, so we have no way of knowing which is correct.
City certainly don't think they are, put it that way.

No news on the Inter etc sanctions yet, presume that means that they're contesting them.

Big Dave Watson said:
Chippy_boy said:
SWP's back said:

Thank you. Somebody is able to answer the question without the childish comments of a 10 year old.
You're the rag twat on a Ciy forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.