City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Big Dave Watson said:
blueinsa said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Well said Massive Dave.

B.I.G......D.A.V.E....that spells fucking RAG to me with a knick knack paddy whack...........
Are you writing these on the school computer?

Shouldn't you be in the transfer thread telling us we have no chance?

SWP's back said:
Chippy_boy said:
SWP's back said:
We? United weren't last summer.

City won't be this summer.

Unless we are. We've been around and around and around on this, haven't we.

Unless you are on the board at City or have some contacts you have not disclosed, you have no possible way of knowing whether we will be or not. City's statements and UEFA's are entirely contradictory on this topic, so we have no way of knowing which is correct.
City certainly don't think they are, put it that way.

I am not even sure we can say that for certain.

Yes we have said we expect to operating without restriction. But that could mean that we have a £150m spending limit, and we are not planning on spending that much anyway. And we also said that we would be operating without restriction at the commencement of the 2015/16 season, by which we might conceivably mean "after the summer transfer window has closed".

I agree that neither interpretation is likely. But then again, our comments do appear to flatly contradict UEFA's statement, so there's something not right somewhere.

One thing is for sure: if there is any wiggle room in the interpretation of UEFA's sanctions, we will be the fuckee not the fuckor so I can't imagine management haven't got this tied down. We thought that last time, though, didn't we?

Chippy_boy said:
SWP's back said:
Chippy_boy said:
Unless we are. We've been around and around and around on this, haven't we.

Unless you are on the board at City or have some contacts you have not disclosed, you have no possible way of knowing whether we will be or not. City's statements and UEFA's are entirely contradictory on this topic, so we have no way of knowing which is correct.
City certainly don't think they are, put it that way.

I am not even sure we can say that for certain.

Yes we have said we expect to operating without restriction. But that could mean that we have a £150m spending limit, and we are not planning on spending that much anyway. And we also said that we would be operating without restriction at the commencement of the 2015/16 season, by which we might conceivably mean "after the summer transfer window has closed".

I agree that neither interpretation is likely. But then again, our comments do appear to flatly contradict UEFA's statement, so there's something not right somewhere.

FFP will get interesting now as the big precedent was set with us and PSG, they have to meat out that justice to others. If they dont they open themselves up to appeals and court cases.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors about the way they dealt with us and PSG. The statements that were issued were clearly designed to intimate a number of things but confirmed very little. We know we got fined and we know about the squad restriction so we should expect others to receive a similar sanction for similar financial performance. We also signed up for some other stuff but know one knows what that is or was but the fine enough would be good to see, as will how they will implement it with other clubs who have no hope of paying! I dont want other clubs to fail I just want to see if Uefa will really send clubs out of existence because they can't afford to pay fines. Also don't forget we get a share of any fines paid by other clubs.

blueinsa said:
Big Dave Watson said:
blueinsa said:
B.I.G......D.A.V.E....that spells fucking RAG to me with a knick knack paddy whack...........

Already told you. No Pogba, Barkley or Reus. No idea on the other targets, Tolmie knows more on them.

Big Dave Watson said:
blueinsa said:
Big Dave Watson said:

Already told you. No Pogba, Barkley or Reus. No idea on the other targets, Tolmie knows more on them.

Dave I think you're great, ignore these lot.

Despite coming across as a bit of a party-pooper, no one can deny that you get the majority of your predictions spot on

Big Dave Watson said:
blueinsa said:
Big Dave Watson said:

Shouldn't you be at home with Tinky Winky, Laa Laa and Po?

Not going to happen today.

CL semi-final tonight.

UEFA don't want that overshadowed by FFP fallouts and negative headlines.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SilverFox2 said:
To be clear, are there any differences between the PL version and the UEFA CL one ?

Two key ones. The PL version:

- specifically restricts wage bill increases unless covered by increases in commercial income. At least that directly addresses the issue of controlling wage growth, which UEFA's doesn't.

- has a more generous break-even requirement. Something like £35m a season maximum allowable loss after the usual deductions. UEFA's limit is an aggregate £35m over 3 seasons.

The PL's version

Many thanks PB. presume that 'commercial income' includes sale of players ?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.