City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Cobwebcat said:
SWP's back said:
Cobweb, you are not getting it mate.

Loans cannot count as income.

So we could take out a huge loan if we want and boost cash reserves (not that there would be any point) but as soon as we spent the money, it would count against us for FFP.

From my earlier post on p83:

I get what he means and is a point I raised right at the start of FFP. I still don't understand why it isn't possible. Forget that loans don't count as revenue I don't think that's the point. The point is that as long as turnover increases to the point that you can afford the interest on the loan then that is a FFP pass. So imagine that in a couple of years we are making a 50 million profit. We then use that profit to pay the interest off on a huge loan at favourable rates. The loan can then be used to buy players. It's exactly what United have done.

Of course it's nonsense for us because we don't need a loan but its a card we could, in theory, play once our turnover could cover our costs plus the annual interest on the loan.

If you can afford the interest on the loan UEFA say that's a pass. The loan is not revenue but it doesn't need to be.

I still don't understand why in the future we couldn't do this once our revenue increased in exactly the same way United have. I don't think it's part of our sustainability plan but the theory is sound as far as I can see. Not now but in the future should we want to suddenly fork out 400 million in a transfer window. We would be in huge debt but debt is not what counts
Still doesn't work that way.
Footballing income - Footballing expenditure = FFP figure
Ticket, Advertising, Broadcasting, Merchandise Income - Wages and Amortization, Football related costs = what UEFA look at.
They'll look at us getting a loan even less favourably than investment from the Sheikh.
The reason the scum/arsenal/real etc were allowed to do it is because they did it more than 10 years before FFP existed.

It won't matter anyway.

Once the current PL prize money get's handed out, the new BT CL sponsorship deal starts in 2015, any new and additional sponsorship deals are agreed, the training academy and bridge are built, bringing in additional sponsorship income, the stadium is expanded to 60,000, including new corp areas, and in the long-term, when the leisure destination is built, along with the Etihad Campus surrounding the stadium, FFPR will be a long gone memory.

We may sweat for another season or two, but after that we're home and dry, and we will be one of the top earning clubs in World Football.

fbloke said:
There is a £25m per year deal in place for the bridge sponsor.

FERODO

The brakes firm? They do like to advertise on bridges. Can they afford that much?

Hopefully it looks better than this one in Camden. :)

5409413956_e48d88fe9c_z.jpg

jrb said:
It won't matter anyway.

Once the current PL prize money get's handed out, the new BT CL sponsorship deal starts in 2015, any new and additional sponsorship deals are agreed, the training academy and bridge are built, bringing in additional sponsorship income, the stadium is expanded to 60,000, including new corp areas, and in the long-term, when the leisure destination is built, along with the Etihad Campus surrounding the stadium, FFPR will be a long gone memory.

We may sweat for another season or two, but after that we're home and dry, and we will be one of the top earning clubs in World Football.

I respect your opinion but to be one of the top earning clubs in world football we will have to increase our fan base by a scale of 100 overnight, it is not going to happen until we dominate European football.
We are still a local football club with mainly local support.

dave_blue12 said:
fbloke said:

FERODO

I take it your are mistaken or this is a wind up. £25m pa for a bridge !

Whoosh!<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:19 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
fbloke said:

FERODO

The brakes firm? They do like to advertise on bridges. Can they afford that much?

Hopefully it looks better than this one in Camden. :)

5409413956_e48d88fe9c_z.jpg

There were hundreds of them all over the place.

They must have had a deal with British Rail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.