City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

vonksbignose said:
The problem is that if City were to go after some no-mark, who's only contribution to public discourse comes from having a little blog, it would make the club look like bullies.

!

He works for a bank. I'm sure our owners have enough clout in the financial world to make sure he lost his job and never worked in the financial sector again, if they were so inclined.

Pam said:
Let Damocles deck the twat. This will suffice.

Pam, i've been meaning to ask you this for a while, but ... if it's not a personal question like ... are you a woman?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
People need to let this 'fine' or whatever it was, go.

We may have lost that battle, but it seems we've won the war. Who knows, sacrificing that battle for the wider purpose may have been very much the club's intent.

It's done. Move on.

Pretty much this, the fine was irrelevant, it didn't count towards our break even calculation and it's not like we have a cash flow problem these days ffs :D

The squad, net spend and wages restrictions were by far and away the more damaging sanctions.

Ducado said:
It was not a fine if I remember right rather a reduction in prize money

Correct.

Effectively they enclosed a debit note to its value when enclosing the cheque to City for CL appearances / progress.
Perhaps only the accountants will know if that actually happened ?
Not as though we had to send individual cheques to the rest of the European contestants.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
People need to let this 'fine' or whatever it was, go.

We may have lost that battle, but it seems we've won the war. Who knows, sacrificing that battle for the wider purpose may have been very much the club's intent.

It's done. Move on.

Because its not out of my pocket I agree entirely,

Many things need to be forgotten about in similar fashion now that change is taking place, lets look to the future and realise we will never be the darlings of the majority of the media at least with this generation of journos..

GDM is quite right of course, I'm sure that the fine was part of a deal, and we can't reclaim it. He's also right in that it was a battle, but we won the war, and that we don't need the money.
But it would be the ultimate embarresment for UEFA. and would for once and for all shup up people like Thompson, not to mention keeping me amused for a few weeks.

Chippy_boy said:
Pam said:
Let Damocles deck the twat. This will suffice.

Pam, i've been meaning to ask you this for a while, but ... if it's not a personal question like ... are you a woman?

She's the First Lady of bm, and that's a title not a description.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.