City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

The attendance pattern is different in Italy and Spain - huge high crowds and crap low crowds. 'Mighty' Barca get less than us for League Cup games.
pretty much like city have been throughout our history,it was not unusual to have 70,000 one week and 20,000 the next,the fanbase is and always has been there,it just has moments when it cant be arsed ,and moments when a game really grips us

As I'm sure most of us know the council got a great deal. They put in £57M and for that they got Maine Road where nearly 500 properties have been built and £3M per year rent from us. Of the £77M from Sport England, most came from lottery funds with only about £10M from the taxpayer. Bit different to the £700M of taxpayers money that went into the Olympic Stadium. Not having a go at West Ham because any club would do the same in their place but the public funding for their stadium is incomparable with ours.

Yeah, I fully agree that West Ham have clearly got a more favourable deal than ours. It wasn't really my point though - they still have to put some money in themselves and I'm guessing that, like us, they have to give up ownership of their current ground.

Edit: Wow, just read that they didn't have to give it up and sold it to a developer - fuck me, they got a better deal than I thought!

Yeah, I fully agree that West Ham have clearly got a more favourable deal than ours. It wasn't really my point though - they still have to put some money in themselves and I'm guessing that, like us, they have to give up ownership of their current ground.

Edit: Wow, just read that they didn't have to give it up and sold it to a developer - fuck me, they got a better deal than I thought!
What would you expect, it's London, they can have as much of the taxpayers' money as they require

The south will continue to get the lion's share of investment whilst 'them uncivilised northerners' can feed on their scraps.

Thank goodness the Sheikh came along, in more than one sense

Eastlands was abandoned by both Council and Government until our owner actually invested here.

Unfortunately investment is not the word to use when the West Ham new home is mentioned. Look at how the conversion costs have got out of control, then compare this with any Business Plan our owners ADUG team carry out.

I wonder if the MP's responsible for this overspend became millionaires by running their private businesses in a similar way ?

Eastlands was abandoned by both Council and Government until our owner actually invested here.

Unfortunately investment is not the word to use when the West Ham new home is mentioned. Look at how the conversion costs have got out of control, then compare this with any Business Plan our owners ADUG team carry out.

I wonder if the MP's responsible for this overspend became millionaires by running their private businesses in a similar way ?

Why the hell West Ham can get given a new home AND get the ability to sell their old ground to developers for a purported 70m is beyond me.

Our deal was very much a quid pro quo in that we handed over they keys to our stadium in return for a new one and then paid for ALL of the conversion PLUS annual rent. That was a good deal for the council and for us.

In the case of West Ham they have paid a paltry 20-30m for conversion against a bill of hundreds of millions to actually convert the Olympic stadium to west hams requirements. It is ridiculous that they have managed to get away with it. What a waste of public money on one football club.

Why the hell West Ham can get given a new home AND get the ability to sell their old ground to developers for a purported 70m is beyond me.

Our deal was very much a quid pro quo in that we handed over they keys to our stadium in return for a new one and then paid for ALL of the conversion PLUS annual rent. That was a good deal for the council and for us.

In the case of West Ham they have paid a paltry 20-30m for conversion against a bill of hundreds of millions to actually convert the Olympic stadium to west hams requirements. It is ridiculous that they have managed to get away with it. What a waste of public money on one football club.
Better them than Spurs.

I think I read somewhere that the amount WHU paid should remain secret or perhaps my memory fails me.
Can't blame the club though, they are simply taking advantage of the misuse of taxpayers money.

Reminds me of the banking fiasco where the taxpayer bailed out a number of them then a few years later they sold that equity for far less than they paid. Compare that with our owner bailing out Barclays then making a few billion a few years later and our financial experts Brown and Cable selling gold reserves and Post Office at well below market value.
The lack of business acumen displayed by government officials would make them incompetent to run any medium sized business that must make a profit unless of course they have a personal reason to publicly display their financial naivety.

I think I read somewhere that the amount WHU paid should remain secret or perhaps my memory fails me.
Can't blame the club though, they are simply taking advantage of the misuse of taxpayers money.

Reminds me of the banking fiasco where the taxpayer bailed out a number of them then a few years later they sold that equity for far less than they paid. Compare that with our owner bailing out Barclays then making a few billion a few years later and our financial experts Brown and Cable selling gold reserves and Post Office at well below market value.
The lack of business acumen displayed by government officials would make them incompetent to run any medium sized business that must make a profit unless of course they have a personal reason to publicly display their financial naivety.
Factually, the sale of lloyds shares has made a profit of over £12bn for the Treasury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.