City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I think some are missing the point with these new FFP regulations, it looks to me that it is being driven by the established Leagues the Spanish, Italian and German, PSG taking Neymar out of Spain in his prime was a real kick in the bollocks for La Ligue and the TV deal here in England means the So called established clubs in these top leagues are struggling to cope with the financial power of the lower ranking Prem teams never mind the so called elite
It's been implemented to stop all Prem teams not just City and PSG

Interesting suggestion that Abromovich and Platini are on the same side now after the former having bought himself into the position he wanted. Chelsea do seem to have oddly curbed their spending at times they could have spent and reinforced, maybe there is something to that.
Not a suggestion and has been the case for a while. Platini specifically mentioned that Abramovich had pushed for the initial FFP years ago.

Now here's a thought...

If FFP was designed as Martin Samuel says, amongst other things, to keep City from taking Man U's place at the table...

And FFP2.0 is now locking the 'as is' standings pretty much in stone...

If we consider the rags' current situation (last roll of the dice, lots of very big gambles on players and a proven volatile manager)...

Is this a tacit signal that they (UEFA) have abandoned the rags to the wind? (i.e. locked in the possibility that their gambles come unstuck leaving a need for huge further obscene investment in a major future overhaul - which would now be rendered impossible).

Of course, should the rags wither and fall out of the top table, presumably then they could blitz again as there would be no threat that year of penalty (not in the CL anyway).
I doubt it. Gill will be involved.

I think some are missing the point with these new FFP regulations, it looks to me that it is being driven by the established Leagues the Spanish, Italian and German, PSG taking Neymar out of Spain in his prime was a real kick in the bollocks for La Ligue and the TV deal here in England means the So called established clubs in these top leagues are struggling to cope with the financial power of the lower ranking Prem teams never mind the so called elite
It's been implemented to stop all Prem teams not just City and PSG

Yep. I fail to see how the new regs could target and hamper only us and PSG, and nobody else. Samuel's article is very good as per usual on this topic but it's not as though they're proposing something really specific such as outlawing owners from Abu Dhabi and Qatar! This sounds like it's aimed at the Premier League in particular due to the huge amounts of cash clubs can earn from TV rights, which enables the likes of Bournemouth to go out and spend £30 million on a single player and not get into any financial difficulty, and it's pissing the other leagues off. Personally, I say tough shit if the other leagues aren't capable of marketing themselves as well as the Premier League has - I didn't see the Spanish and Italian clubs complaining 25-30 years ago when much of the big money was concentrated there and most of the best players in the world were flocking there as a result.

In any case, our team rebuilding is almost complete so for the next few years at least there will be much less need for a large net spend, unless a large number of our players mysteriously flop. People need to remember that United had a bigger net spend than us last summer so they would've fallen foul of FFP 2.0 as well, and by the looks of things they might need an even bigger net spend this coming summer if they don't look like closing the gap on us.

In short, I'm not in the least bit bothered.

All you see is Villa fans complaining about FFP on Twitter. Wolves fans are the same, as are plenty more clubs. More people are aware why FFP was created now. It’s not UEFA’s and the top clubs little secret anymore.

Villa voted for it didn’t they?

As far as i know, ourselves, Chelsea, PSG and even U**ted are all against FFP 2.0.

This is driven solely from the elite clubs of Italy, Germany and Spain.

We will have more power in fighting against this version now we have backing off other elite clubs. Last time we were hung out to dry along with PSG.

My only concern is that these constant attempts to halt our progress,could have shiek mansour deciding enoughs enough and prepare to sell up,god knows what goes on behind closed doors at meetings like the G14 or actual contact between say city and real or Barca all nicey nicely then when it’s over stabbing you in the back,I’m sure he’s frustrated I know we as fans are..

If he inspired the pull out it is a massive turnaround because he is a RM supporter at least he was when he bought City.

Under the new proposal, does the 90m allowance roll over to the next year if it's not spent (i.e. is it averaged out over a number of years or is it a case of use it or lose it)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.