City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Related party sponsorships are perfectly legal under FFP. They're just subject to a fair value test
m expecting United to
That's my understanding about the hotel and the sponsorship. I originally thought Mandarin Group owned it but it's clear that they operate the hotel on behalf of the owners.

What we don't really know is the exact commercial/legal relationship between EPCO, the Abu Dhabi company that appears to own the hotel. Are they just the owners of the building, receiving rental or lease income? Or are they part of a joint venture, sharing management and profits?

At the end of the day, assuming it's >£1m the PL will need to decide if it's (a) an associated party and (b) if so (which isn't a given by any means) whether it's fair value.

Even if they decide that it's associated but fair value, I doubt the usual cretins down the M62, Stretford or North London, will accept it.
In response united about to be sponsored by travel lodge

And I'd rather you weren't in charge of our finances. Fortunately your not
It’s not about finances, it’s about giving our enemies a stick to beat us with, just like the empty seats in the family stand because some families hardly show up when other fans can’t actually get tickets.

It’s not about finances, it’s about giving our enemies a stick to beat us with, just like the empty seats in the family stand because some families hardly show up when other fans can’t actually get tickets.
Well, that's up to you mate, but I'm not willing to dictate (or accept others outwith the club dictating) who we can do business with

That's my understanding about the hotel and the sponsorship. I originally thought Mandarin Group owned it but it's clear that they operate the hotel on behalf of the owners.

What we don't really know is the exact commercial/legal relationship between EPCO, the Abu Dhabi company that appears to own the hotel. Are they just the owners of the building, receiving rental or lease income? Or are they part of a joint venture, sharing management and profits?

At the end of the day, assuming it's >£1m the PL will need to decide if it's (a) an associated party and (b) if so (which isn't a given by any means) whether it's fair value.

Even if they decide that it's associated but fair value, I doubt the usual cretins down the M62, Stretford or North London, will accept it.

Exactly :)

100% testing the new PL rules IMO and the PL will certainly be tested! Brilliant.

Exactly :)

100% testing the new PL rules IMO and the PL will certainly be tested! Brilliant.
City abstained when voting took place on the proposed new rules because advice from our lawyers was that the rules would be unenforceable because they fell foul of competition law. The club don't seem to feel the need to test them! The ball is in the PL's/cartel's hands.

City abstained when voting took place on the proposed new rules because advice from our lawyers was that the rules would be unenforceable because they fell foul of competition law. The club don't seem to feel the need to test them! The ball is in the PL's/cartel's hands.

Didn't we abstain from the original temporary ban on owner sponsorship, but vote against the actual new rule? Thought I read that somewhere.

Whatever, it's a bit of sponsorship shithousery to complement Bernardo's on-field shithousery. Good fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.