City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

i8therags said:
Pam said:
I am hoping that by 5pm or thereabouts this Sunday, we will all be watching a trophy presentation and no bastard will care about this for a few days thereafter.
And a double one at that. What an achievement in pelers first season. With restricted spending.

And one arm tied behind his back with injuries. We've been without Nastasic for half a season, Aguero likewise on and off, Silva for weeks, Nasri for weeks and others here and there. Yes all teams have injuries, and some - notably Arsenal - have probably had it as bad as us. But Liverpool and Chelsea certainly have not, and yet we are still looking at a potential double. A truly marvellous result if we can pull it off.

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
kippaxking79 said:
Just been discussing this with lads at work and one of em just said "why don't City, PSG play the reserves in Chump league. Stick 2 fingers up at UEFA then get together with United, AC Milan, and all other big European sides who haven't got other European commitments and play go a massively sponsored tournament playing all around Europe and Asia with a winning pot of £150 million or whatever. They could get al jezeera or even BT etc...in to screen the games live. If this happened UEFA would shit themselves.

Because a few midweek meaningless friendlies around the world will drain the squad and won't raise that much money. Would be no different to those little tournaments we enter in the summer.

Unless you had Real Madrid, Barca, Munich on board this 'breakaway' idea is a non starter.
And I'm not convinced that clubs like united and Bayern would be up for starting a breakaway competition with us and PSG when they are the twats that forced UEFA to bring this shit in to try to stop us in the first place. If united do ever try to start anything like that, I think we can assume they would do everything they could to make sure we weren't allowed to play with their ball. The pathetic bastards that they are.
End of the day money talks. If a breakaway was formed and was successful and more lucrative than the champions league, United would be in there like a shot. That's why they aren't really arsed about Europa league qualification this year cos they're going to whore themselves around Asia. It's all about the money.!

Cobwebcat said:
dickie davies said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
Perhaps that was UEFA's game all along with this fine ?

Bit like that scene out of 'Stir Crazy' when they are in Court and told they've been sentenced to 125 years in prison and are physically shaking and crying but their brief then tells them in real terms they'll end up serving just 35 years with good behaviour and they walk out sighing with relief ?

The bigger the 'fine' the more attractive a substantial compromise will appear.

The whole idea of financial penalties for failing to sufficiently bring down spending is anyway ridiculous. The £50 million fine would mean we end up with a deficit of £50 million next year given we projected that we would break even. We would then get hit with another fine. If the concept of FFP was to avoid Portsmouths and Leeds Uniteds then why would you financially cripple a team if they fail to comply ?

You can see Arsenal will be the ones appealing any reduction in our sentence as well. Wenger is already talking the talk.

I'm sick of reading this, so let's put it to bed
A respected journalist has confirmed with UEFA how this fine would work, is it taken away from future income making break even more difficult

It was confirmed by UEFA that the fine is a stand alone punishment and will not be taken off income.

Clear as mud!
the first part says is it?, posing a question. The second part says it will not, hope that helps ;)

Marvin said:
The key for me is what happens next time around.

The monitoring periods will then be

2011/2 Published loss £99m
2012/13 Published loss £51m
2013/14 Expecting to break-even

We are allowed a deficit of around £35m.

That 201/12 season does not drop out of the calculation...they just include the current season

But as we know it's not the headline losses that count as there are exclusions. It sounds like we have ended up with a much bigger deficit than we expected because we have been unable to deduct the £100m pre 2010 contracts. So can we pass next time around, and if not, what are the likely sanctions based on what is being proposed now?

In 2 years time, there would be no problem - but can we get through the next 12 months?

My concern too

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
ColinLee said:
jrb said:
Question.

Can anyone tell me or show me where PSG's tourism deal with the Qataris has been devalued by UEFA to 100mill Euros, from 200mill Euros, after negotiations
Thanks.
I can probably show you a shedfull of speculation about it but just like our 'punishment' there's been no official announcement whatsoever.

In the press this morning that PSG have 'done a deal' with UEFA which will be kept 'confidential'

this stinks...........

If thats the case and we have the same (Kept confidential) how would the cartel clubs know whether to appeal our punishment?

aguero93:20 said:
Cobwebcat said:
dickie davies said:
I'm sick of reading this, so let's put it to bed
A respected journalist has confirmed with UEFA how this fine would work, is it taken away from future income making break even more difficult

It was confirmed by UEFA that the fine is a stand alone punishment and will not be taken off income.

Clear as mud!
the first part says is it?, posing a question. The second part says it will not, hope that helps ;)

It does. Ta the lack of a question mark was confusing.

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
ColinLee said:
jrb said:
Question.

Can anyone tell me or show me where PSG's tourism deal with the Qataris has been devalued by UEFA to 100mill Euros, from 200mill Euros, after negotiations
Thanks.
I can probably show you a shedfull of speculation about it but just like our 'punishment' there's been no official announcement whatsoever.

In the press this morning that PSG have 'done a deal' with UEFA which will be kept 'confidential'

this stinks...........

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/resources/FFP%20Press%20Kit%20EN_FINAL_en%20_1_.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/reso ... %20_1_.pdf</a>

For UEFA, the club licensing system represents a key means to enhance the credibility of the football industry. It was introduced at the start of the 2004/05 season with the goal of encouraging European club football to look beyond the short term and consider underlying longer-term objectives essential for the game's continued good health. It is based on a series of defined quality standards, which each club must fulfil to gain entry to UEFA's club competitions, and on the key principles of transparency, integrity, credibility and capability.

You really could not make it up.

kippaxking79 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Because a few midweek meaningless friendlies around the world will drain the squad and won't raise that much money. Would be no different to those little tournaments we enter in the summer.

Unless you had Real Madrid, Barca, Munich on board this 'breakaway' idea is a non starter.
And I'm not convinced that clubs like united and Bayern would be up for starting a breakaway competition with us and PSG when they are the twats that forced UEFA to bring this shit in to try to stop us in the first place. If united do ever try to start anything like that, I think we can assume they would do everything they could to make sure we weren't allowed to play with their ball. The pathetic bastards that they are.
End of the day money talks. If a breakaway was formed and was successful and more lucrative than the champions league, United would be in there like a shot. That's why they aren't really arsed about Europa league qualification this year cos they're going to whore themselves around Asia. It's all about the money.!

united could make a ton of money in a tounament without us. I am quite sure they would happily fuck over UEFA and start their own competition with their twatty friends in Munich but I am absolutely convinced that they would insist on us playing no part in it.

our tommy said:
Apparently MCFC are much less stressed about the situation than the headlines imply. That of course does not mean they are not threatening legal action.
Tommy, just wondering how you know this? All the media are making out that City are really angry about it.

We seem to be getting a largely unexpected amount of support in the national press about this projected punishment this morning.

Strange bedfellows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.