City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
ColinLee said:
jrb said:
Question.

Can anyone tell me or show me where PSG's tourism deal with the Qataris has been devalued by UEFA to 100mill Euros, from 200mill Euros, after negotiations
Thanks.
I can probably show you a shedfull of speculation about it but just like our 'punishment' there's been no official announcement whatsoever.

In the press this morning that PSG have 'done a deal' with UEFA which will be kept 'confidential'

this stinks...........
I was wondering how Platini was going to fuck us over and still manage to protect PSG. If does remain confidential and we have no way of knowing how our sanctions compare to theirs then surely we have to take legal action.

Beacuse it coincides with the political agenda of the newspaper owners.......against regulation and anti-European.

Cobwebcat said:
Marvin said:
The key for me is what happens next time around.

The monitoring periods will then be

2011/2 Published loss £99m
2012/13 Published loss £51m
2013/14 Expecting to break-even

We are allowed a deficit of around £35m.

That 201/12 season does not drop out of the calculation...they just include the current season

But as we know it's not the headline losses that count as there are exclusions. It sounds like we have ended up with a much bigger deficit than we expected because we have been unable to deduct the £100m pre 2010 contracts. So can we pass next time around, and if not, what are the likely sanctions based on what is being proposed now?

In 2 years time, there would be no problem - but can we get through the next 12 months?

My concern too

Marvin did anyone answer you in case I missed it?

Prestwich_Blue said:
pfazz said:
We seem to be getting a largely unexpected amount of support in the national press about this projected punishment this morning.

Strange bedfellows.
I strongly suspect City have offered them some juicy dirt on Platini or UEFA if they play ball.

That would certainly explain their sudden reversal of criticising everything City.

Just posted this on another forum, in reply.

That's right, ban them!

That's right, ban them, while his beloved Barcelona are 100's million of Euro's in debt.

That's right, ban them, while his beloved Barcelona have been charged over tax fraud regarding the transfer of Neymar, and have been given a one year transfer ban by FIFA, and not UEFA.

Stop Press!

Barcelona transfer ban: Barcelona free to sign players this summer after ban if lifted pending appeal http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...e-free-to-sign-players-in-summer-9277306.html

That's right, ban them, while his beloved Barcelona, his hated Real Madrid, and numerous other La Liga teams have benefited from unfair tax breaks from the Spanish Government worth billions of Euros, and are being investigated by the European Commission, but not UEFA.

That' right, ban them, while the Glazers, the owners of Manchester United, borrowed £525mill(and still owe £360mill) to buy the club, have already paid out in excess of £750mill in loan and interest payments, have sold 10% of the club on the NYSE, and have taken 10's millions out of Manchester United for their own personal gain. In the end, up to and above £2billion, will have gone out of Manchester United and football in general.

That's right, ban them, while the likes of Silvio Berlusconi used his financial power(media company, etc), and no doubt his political power, to keep AC Milan at the top of the domestic and CL for decades. Perm the rest across European Football.

That's right, ban them, because the biggest expenditure in football, namely players wages, hasn't been addressed by UEFA in FFPR. The one specific area that could bring financial stability to all football clubs across Europe.(but the biggest clubs didn't want that, because they will always be able to pay the biggest and best wages, and in doing so, will always be able to attract the biggest and best players. Southampton!?)

That's right, ban them, because the Premier League's(PL FFPR) "fit and proper person" test has failed miserably on numerous occasions, and led to numerous clubs facing bankrupty, being relegated, having points deducted, and being fined!

_47330233_fans.jpg

That's right, ban them because Sheikh Mansour bought a club that was close to going bankrupt(did you know that?), invested in the club, the stadium, the team, and the staff, the area, and the local community, out of his own money.

That's right ban City, but while your at it, ban the People who run football, Platini, UEFA, Scudamore, the PL, and numerous other club owners(Assem and Ehab Allam) who have broken every(financial) rule going, (or have tried to change the name of a club), to get their clubs where they are today, and where they want them to be in the future.

In general, and just to clarify, there is still no official word from either UEFA, City, or PSG, regarding punishments. As per it is still all media speculation.

PS. Isn't there an important match tonight?

MEN.

City could take a legal stand against UEFA’s bid to hand them a record fine, salary cap and a restriction on their Champions League squad to 21 players next season.

The Blues are shocked at the unprecedented level of the punishment that Uefa are trying to hand out after finding they were in breach of financial fair play rules.

And they are also angry at apparently being treated in the same way as Paris St Germain, whose spending has not abated since the rules were introduced – while City have halved their losses in the last two financial years and expect to break even this season.

There has been no official confirmation that City are one of nine clubs from the 76 initially investigated to be found in breach of the rules.

But leaks from within the governing body indicate that the Blues and PSG are the two high-profile clubs found guilty.

And the same sources have claimed that UEFA wants to levy a £49m fine – which would be a record in world sport – and force City to drop four players from their squad in Europe’s elite competition.

The punishment is still up for discussion but the Blues are unlikely to accept anything so harsh – and may even be prepared to take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The fine would be the biggest in football history but it would not count as part of City’s losses for this year. The possible squad reduction is another bone of contention for City, especially as they are already struggling to meet Uefa’s criteria of having eight home-grown players – at least half of whom must have spent three formative seasons at the club.

Prestwich_Blue said:
pfazz said:
We seem to be getting a largely unexpected amount of support in the national press about this projected punishment this morning.

Strange bedfellows.
I strongly suspect City have offered them some juicy dirt on Platini or UEFA if they play ball.

The juiciest offerings are more likely to come from Qatar than from us, are they not?

If the Qataris have info of the sort any journalist would give their eye teeth for, are they likely to share it with us?

Lancet Fluke said:
Ifwecouldjust....... said:
ColinLee said:
I can probably show you a shedfull of speculation about it but just like our 'punishment' there's been no official announcement whatsoever.

In the press this morning that PSG have 'done a deal' with UEFA which will be kept 'confidential'

this stinks...........
I was wondering how Platini was going to fuck us over and still manage to protect PSG. If does remain confidential and we have no way of knowing how our sanctions compare to theirs then surely we have to take legal action.

Can't see how it can remain confidential if other clubs in the same league can challenge any compromise. To do that they need to know what the compromise was in the first place. UEFA would need to be transparent here.

Chris in London said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
pfazz said:

Strange bedfellows.

The juiciest offerings are more likely to come from Qatar than from us, are they not?

If the Qataris have info of the sort any journalist would give their eye teeth for, are they likely to share it with us?

Absolutely.

rottenecard_8226218_4v4btw53jc.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.