City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Matty said:
BlueTaylor91 said:
Just had a rather heated discussion about this in work with a rag and arse fan. I had to walk away from the crap I was hearing

Yeah, had the same with a rag at work, his entire argument was basically that the Champion's League is "by invitation only" and, as such, UEFA can do whatever they want. I tried to point out that he was wrong, that they can't do "whatever they want" as they still have to act in a legally sound manner but he wasn't getting it. Gave up.

That logic of "invitation only" doesn't stick.

By that logic BT could tell Sky and every ADSL broadband provider to "Fuck off" because they built the exchanges and network. In the interest of market fairness they have to share with other companies so a CARTEL doesn't leave the common man with nothing.

Why do UEFA not awnser to a regulatory board?

I couldn't give a fuck to be honest; UEFA can do what they like, I'll still be supporting City whatever they do and wherever we find ourselves in the future. What they can't take away is the sheer joy I've experienced these last few years, made so much sweeter by it all being totally unexpected.

We all know that people within the club occasionally read Bluemoon.
I wonder if this thread is being followed and people's opinions on it are being passed on to the decision makers within the club
as a gauge of overall fan opinion? I'd say that the majority on here have advocated fighting this issue
and aren't too bothered (from a purely fan's perspective) if there is no CL football next season.
I'm not saying that our views count for much but I would imagine it must be reassuring to the club that we think that
it's all a stitch up, we've done nothing wrong and are with them if they decide to fight.

homerdog said:
I couldn't give a fuck to be honest; UEFA can do what they like, I'll still be supporting City whatever they do and wherever we find ourselves in the future. What they can't take away is the sheer joy I've experienced these last few years, made so much sweeter by it all being totally unexpected.

This +1

Alright saying we should fight this to the end etc, but we don't know anything. We don't know if we have failed these regulations, we don't know why and we don't know the sanctions being touted. Easy to read the papers and get wound up. I can wait another 48 hours and whatever the club choose to do will be in the best interests of the club and I therefore back their decision whatever it is wholeheartedly.

homerdog said:
Fuck that. Go back to obscurity and I'll call it a day I reckon.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
We all know that people within the club occasionally read Bluemoon.
I wonder if this thread is being followed and people's opinions on it are being passed on to the decision makers within the club
as a gauge of overall fan opinion? I'd say that the majority on here have advocated fighting this issue
and aren't too bothered (from a purely fan's perspective) if there is no CL football next season.
I'm not saying that our views count for much but I would imagine it must be reassuring to the club that we think that
it's all a stitch up, we've done nothing wrong and are with them if they decide to fight.
very well said i agree fight them if we need to be out of it for next year so be it the fight in court would embarrass them no end.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
homerdog said:

Oh, I don't know; winning every year could get boring!

Matty said:
BlueTaylor91 said:
Just had a rather heated discussion about this in work with a rag and arse fan. I had to walk away from the crap I was hearing

Yeah, had the same with a rag at work, his entire argument was basically that the Champion's League is "by invitation only" and, as such, UEFA can do whatever they want. I tried to point out that he was wrong, that they can't do "whatever they want" as they still have to act in a legally sound manner but he wasn't getting it. Gave up.

UEFA publish qualifying criteria. It's not "by invitation".

gordondaviesmoustache said:
homerdog said:

Agreed.

I sound like a glory hunter but if I have to go back to watching Arsenal, Liverpool, United and Chelsea finishing in the top 4 every year I will pack it in.

It will break my faith in football. It's just not fair. If I had my way, every club in the Premier League and football pyramid would receive the Champion's League revenue in a trickle down effect. Clubs like United would be regulated to ensure they can't sign Rooney, Ferdinand, Cole, Berbatov and any other rival teams players to ensure those teams can never compete with them.

I wish Everton, Southampton and everyone can get a sugar daddy and compete because the old top 4 aren't going to try and do anything for a fairer or competitive league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.