City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
M18CTID said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Exactly this IMO. We are unique because we threaten the status quo in a way that PSG do not. We ply our trade in the most lucrative, popular and competitive domestic league in the world by a country mile, where 4 of the existing cartel had the CL qualification places sewn up, year after year after. In joining the party, we will deprive one of these teams of£50m+ per year, whereas in France there is no real established pecking order and who really gives a shit anyway? French football has no global appeal.

Whatever, the cartel will never allow us to effectively ruin one of their number and they know this is absolutely their last chance to stop us. That is precisely why they have closed off every avenue. If we accept the punishment on offer, Liverpool, Arsenal or the rags will be given outrageous licence to appeal it on the grounds of inadequacy and we will be banned. If we go up UEFA's appeal chain, I'm certain that the wheels will have already been greased and we will be banned again. And if we go all the way to Court, by the time settlement is reached, it will be too late. Our best players will have gone and any chance of future CL qualification gone along with it.

I'll repeat what I said yesterday morning. I do not expect to be playing CL football next season, and it would not surprise me if the rags were invited to take our place rather than Everton, on the spurious grounds that this is an "unprecedented situation" and the team with the greatest European coefficient should benefit. If I look like a daft twat when none of this happens, then I look like a daft twat, but this is huge business we're talking about and we're dealing with an organisation run by a cartel for its own benefit, and the whole framework of FFP is in place precisely to kick us out.

I think you're looking at what is the worst possible scenario but there's plenty to play out yet on this.

Tell you something though, if United, Liverpool, and Arsenal want to go to war with us then there are numerous ways we can fuck them over. Hostile bids for all their best players would be a good start. And what better way to launch our new state of the art academy than to poach the best academy players from each of those respective clubs? I'm sure we could offer those players attractive enough packages to convince them to join us. As such, I wouldn't go around flapping just yet.
Exactly. Too much defeatism on this thread. Long way to go yet.

We'll see. We're dealing with cunts, and I expect cunts to behave like cunts.

Out of interest, if Arsenal or the Dippers did appeal against our sentence, who hears that appeal and what would be the criteria for increasing its severity?

[quote="gordondaviesmoustache]Exactly. Too much defeatism on this thread. Long way to go yet.[/quote]

I think the air of defeatism is due to shock.For months we have all been told to relax,there is nothing to worry about,we won't fail,we are working with UEFA and now this bombshell.

Whatever we do i still think the Bossman lawyer will win his case and that will sound the death knell for this ludicrous law.

M18CTID said:
I think you're looking at what is the worst possible scenario but there's plenty to play out yet on this.

Tell you something though, if United, Liverpool, and Arsenal want to go to war with us then there are numerous ways we can fuck them over. Hostile bids for all their best players would be a good start. And what better way to launch our new state of the art academy than to poach the best academy players from each of those respective clubs? I'm sure we could offer those players attractive enough packages to convince them to join us. As such, I wouldn't go around flapping just yet.

Out of interest, if Arsenal or the Dippers did appeal against our sentence, who hears that appeal and what would be the criteria for increasing its severity?
Cunts will be cunts.

I think you, and others, underestimate the currency of our resolve, guile, resources and influence in the wider world (if required).

Cunts will be cunts.

I think you, and others, underestimate the currency of our resolve, guile, resources and influence in the wider world (if required).

As much as Arsenal, Liverpool and the Rags fans would love their clubs to appeal I doubt they would it could all get very nasty and messy for them if they did so, also I don't even think it will come to this, UEFA will back down, they are just playing to the crowd

M18CTID said:

David Gill?

That's the most concerning thing about this.

There is no appeal process. If UEFA say you've failed, that's it, their word is law.

If you reject the sanctions, it goes to an UNAPPEALABLE panel. Who makes up this panel? I'm guessing people like Gill and Rummenigge.

Honestly if we think this independent panel will look at the evidence we out forward you are kidding yourselves.

G-14 and UEFA are on the same page. We are in a different book. They just don't want us in the Champion's League. End of. PSG are OK because they are a G-14 club and won't be competing with the G-14 except for in Europe.

We have upset the old financial powerhouses of England and obviously their lobbying power has convinced UEFA to attack us.

Whenever Platini talks about FFP he always says "clubs like Manchester City". He never uses PSG as his example.

The funny thing is United and Arsenal fans are convincing themselves FFP is for the good of clubs like Everton. They can't admit to themselves that it will only benefit the elite. It's quite sad that investing money in the game is now seen as something heinous, like a criminal act. Just look at how Arsenal and United are ran, like businesses, cash cows. The fans are getting ripped off and are lapping it up like lap dogs. They're convinced that our money Is bad money and their money is good money because it's generated from shirt sales in Taiwan.

Let's just hope that this sanction affronts Sheikh Mansour's pride and strengthens his resolve to utterly destroy all who appose us on the pitch and through the correct legal channels.

LET'S FUCKING WIN THE LEAGUE TOMMOROW AND LAUGH IN PLATINI'S FACE.

Do you think they are trying to force Sheikh Mansour to just go fuck this is not worth it and sell up ?
So they can then turn round and say look this is what we was protecting you from ?

Not that i think he will.

Cunts will be cunts.

That is actually the buoy I think we will ultimately have to cling to. Hopefully Sheikh Mansour will not be above making threats or suggestions of an economic nature to various European governments, with a view to UEFA then being leaned on. That's real end game stuff though

Cunts will be cunts.

That is actually the buoy I think we will ultimately have to cling to. Hopefully Sheikh Mansour will not be above making threats or suggestions of an economic nature to various European governments, with a view to UEFA then being leaned on. That's real end game stuff though
It is. We're not quite a the nuclear button stage just yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.