City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

baldybouncer said:
You know ... it wouldn't surprise me ... IN THE FUCKIN LEAST ... if those twats over in Nyon announced that we were excluded from next years CL competition at 2pm tomorrow

OK call me paranoid!!
It would surprise me, UEFA don't work weekends. Monday maybe.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
cookster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The region has a World Cup coming up in 2022.

I don't even think our owner would need to sell it to the local Abu Dhabi stations or Al Jazeera, do you?

That £50m shake down from Uefa would be the first payment we could towards make the the prize fund.

Next season we would finish top four anyhow, so our books will be enhanced, and we get to play Champs League, regardless of a court ruling either way.

City, Everton, Sunderland, Aston Villa, West Ham, Newcastle, Southampton, etc etc...

Doesn't really matter, each summer, it becomes a lucrative pre-curtain raiser for the Premier League season.

I can see UEFA questioning the prize money and discounting for FFP ;)

Not possible, as all the teams competing would be receiving the same money, apart from the winners' cheque!

What's the difference between United going on a tour next year and earning £20m because they are not in Europe?

That's exactly what they will be doing.

Call it the U.A.E invitational cup.

How about taking this to its logical conclusion and include a tranche of teams from , Spain, Italy, France and Germany.

All leagues are less fair in revenue splits and the lesser clubs have issues generating revenues too.

A few clubs already dread qualifying for the Europa League as it is. Kill that bastard tournament off and make a new tournament open on those dates?

Tried to read it all, but being as thick as pig sh1t or a Roy Keane as we call it round here, couldn't understand it.
If my neighbour Mr Wenger won the lottery ,paid off his morgage and cleared his debts, then me who is up to my neck in debt without a pot to piss in, can ask the government to fine him ? Does this sum it up ?

ccr said:
Tried to read it all, but being as thick as pig sh1t or a Roy Keane as we call it round here, couldn't understand it.
If my neighbour Mr Wenger won the lottery ,paid off his morgage and cleared his debts, then me who is up to my neck in debt without a pot to piss in, can ask the government to fine him ? Does this sum it up ?

You will do for me cock

ccr said:

If he gives up work, and has no income, then goes out and buys a tin of beans and a loaf of bread he would be breaking ffp and facing a fine.

According to The Guardian we have called UEFAs bluff and not responded by today's deadline...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/may/10/manchester-city-face-down-uefa-financial-fair-play" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/dav ... -fair-play</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.