City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

dctid said:
We will either pay it or get kicked out UEFA wont back down

Logically we could afford a year or so out of the CL dont see any other option.

You are wrong to think our players have the same blind love for the club as you. We now have world class players who want to be on the world stage. Possibly some of them will have CL qualification written into there contracts. Others may have heads turned by CL competing teams. Whilst I will agree Sheik Mansoor can afford it, the club / team will potentially be taking a massive step backwards.

Uefa would not dare ban us until after this fight is over as we would sue them for every penny we could (probably more than they have) if we were eventually found to be wrongfully expelled from the competition. The fight may put new players off coming in ( certainly unless an exclusion release clause is written in) until the cloud has lifted but I would be surprised if we miss next years CL for any reason at all.

However my view is that this is a fight we (the club) must take on. If god forbid Uefa win it, then it will be more than a major set back, but if everything we fans believe to be a fact (no debt, wrongful exclusions made from our income, downgraded deals etc etc) is true then the club have to fight, and we have to win. This may end up being the toughest fight in our history but it has to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones forced into the position of fighting to break the cartel.

dctid said:
Damocles said:
cookster said:
More made up guess work by a kite flying lying Journo. You get the drift...

Nope, Mullock is currently the number 1 source for City stuff

There is too much stuff being leaked and its consistent - 50M we aint paying etc etc

Agreed. But until Khaldoon unfurls his 'Fuck UEFA' banner I'm still sticking with a last minute deal. Interesting times.

MrE said:
dctid said:

You are wrong to think our players have the same blind love for the club as you. We now have world class players who want to be on the world stage. Possibly some of them will have CL qualification written into there contracts. Others may have heads turned by CL competing teams. Whilst I will agree Sheik Mansoor can afford it, the club / team will potentially be taking a massive step backwards.

Uefa would not dare ban us until after this fight is over as we would sue them for every penny we could (probably more than they have) if we were eventually found to be wrongfully expelled from the competition. The fight may put new players off coming in ( certainly unless an exclusion release clause is written in) until the cloud has lifted but I would be surprised if we miss next years CL for any reason at all.

However my view is that this is a fight we (the club) must take on. If god forbid Uefa win it, then it will be more than a major set back, but if everything we fans believe to be a fact (no debt, wrongful exclusions made from our income, downgraded deals etc etc) is true then the club have to fight, and we have to win. This may end up being the toughest fight in our history but it has to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones forced into the position of fighting to break the cartel.

We wont win its that fucking simple we are not meant to win its a fucking Kangaroo court just understand that. We go to the appeals panel which we will lose and then CAS after that thats it - go onto their web site effectively once CAS has ruled there very very limited grounds of appeal

If we want to play CL then we are going to have to pony up the dosh but who's to say that there wont be a 50M fine next year and the year after and the years after that

dctid said:
MrE said:
dctid said:

We wont win its that fucking simple we are not meant to win its a fucking Kangaroo court just understand that. We go to the appeals panel which we will lose and then CAS after that thats it - go onto their web site effectively once CAS has ruled there very very limited grounds of appeal

If we want to play CL then we are going to have to pony up the dosh but who's to say that there wont be a 50M fine next year and the year after and the years after that
white-feather2.jpg

dctid said:
MrE said:
dctid said:

Understand what you are saying but this will go to the European Courts for Justice. The basis for this fair play bollocks will contravene European Law.

WTF? Daily Mail headline:

Man City's title win could be their last for years as they decide whether to battle UEFA sanction for breaking FFP rules

Agenda? I do think so.

it's a grand game of chicken and it seems as though UEFA expected City to flinch... even after attempting to give us an insultingly larger sanction than that of PSG (who's Qatari sponsorship deal dwarfs ours with Etihad and where Platini's son works.)

they tried to raise the drawbridge but were too late. now inside, they are asking us to willingly sit at the kid's table for the feast.

i just can't shake a sense of UEFA having no fucking clue about who they have picked a fight with. there's just no way that City doesn't have 3 years+ of evidence showing compliance with UEFA's stated goals and regulations under UEFA's own supervision. and beyond that, there's the larger issue of FFP's probable non-compliance with European law.

having said all that, i do believe that the Court of Arbitration for Sport will be bent against us somehow... and if they are, i don't see how a Eurpean court couldn't be too.

I can't help thinking that the fine was initially a lot less than the £50 mill reported. And that they wanted it payed under the table so to speak*wink wink*(I wouldn't put anything past them tbh)

We told them to Fuck off!....So it gets increased to £50 mill (news leeks out)

We tell them to Fuck off again, "We fuckin told you we aint fuckin payin you bent cunts etc etc..."

Now talk of expulsion

--------------------------
I think I've spent too long on Rawk this past week :(

LoveCity said:
WTF? Daily Mail headline:

Man City's title win could be their last for years as they decide whether to battle UEFA sanction for breaking FFP rules

Agenda? I do think so.

Haven't you heard? Sheikh Mansour's making cutbacks so the cheapskate couldn't be bothered paying for a decent lawyer and has made the players do all the work. They obviously won't be able to play in the meantime so the Daily Mail is pretty accurate in what it is saying. (Saying that, Vincent Kompany looks like he'd make an excellent lawyer)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
dctid said:
MrE said:

white-feather2.jpg

utter bollocks

i htink it makes more of a statement backing out for 12 months and refusing to pay rather than go into a court process we cant and wont win. It was not that long ago that people were posting that we would meet FFP and anybody that dared question this was derided.

Only City know the position and i feel certain that the decision will be based upon what is in the best interest of the club - personally if it was a straight option of 50M and CL or no CL then i would take no CL but whatever is decided we as fans will accept but that dont mean we cant have views

UEFA dont appear to be backing down and htis a fight they cant and wont loose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.