City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

ForzaMancini said:
dctid said:
MrE said:
You are wrong to think our players have the same blind love for the club as you. We now have world class players who want to be on the world stage. Possibly some of them will have CL qualification written into there contracts. Others may have heads turned by CL competing teams. Whilst I will agree Sheik Mansoor can afford it, the club / team will potentially be taking a massive step backwards.

Uefa would not dare ban us until after this fight is over as we would sue them for every penny we could (probably more than they have) if we were eventually found to be wrongfully expelled from the competition. The fight may put new players off coming in ( certainly unless an exclusion release clause is written in) until the cloud has lifted but I would be surprised if we miss next years CL for any reason at all.

However my view is that this is a fight we (the club) must take on. If god forbid Uefa win it, then it will be more than a major set back, but if everything we fans believe to be a fact (no debt, wrongful exclusions made from our income, downgraded deals etc etc) is true then the club have to fight, and we have to win. This may end up being the toughest fight in our history but it has to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones forced into the position of fighting to break the cartel.

We wont win its that fucking simple we are not meant to win its a fucking Kangaroo court just understand that. We go to the appeals panel which we will lose and then CAS after that thats it - go onto their web site effectively once CAS has ruled there very very limited grounds of appeal

If we want to play CL then we are going to have to pony up the dosh but who's to say that there wont be a 50M fine next year and the year after and the years after that

The CAS is, from what I've read, one of integrity. They are far from sitting in the lap of UEFA and will judge any case we present to them on its merits.

I hope you're right - in that case I'm guessing City will take it to CAS

Going to the CAS is the right move.

If reports are correct that UEFA failed to moderate their absurd position of penalising us twice what PSG was going to get, then taking it to this level was the only immediate move to make.

It is leverage. A negotiating tactic. And if the CAS is unfair to us our next source of leverage is then to take it to the ECJ.

MrE said:
dctid said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
white-feather2.jpg

utter bollocks

i htink it makes more of a statement backing out for 12 months and refusing to pay rather than go into a court process we cant and wont win. It was not that long ago that people were posting that we would meet FFP and anybody that dared question this was derided.

Only City know the position and i feel certain that the decision will be based upon what is in the best interest of the club - personally if it was a straight option of 50M and CL or no CL then i would take no CL but whatever is decided we as fans will accept but that dont mean we cant have views

UEFA dont appear to be backing down and htis a fight they cant and wont loose

I think you are right, the decision will be based on the best interests of the club. That will include keeping the squad together and strengthening.

You are talking utter bollox if you think it will be a year out and all players will just accept it.

So lets put in a cheeky bod for Mata or Rooney or Barclay they must be fucking jumping to play CL

For 12 months players would have to accept it plain and simple

Murph said:

Spot on. dcitd you need to get a grip, C.A.S and ECJ are not UEFA's gimps. That's Wenger's job.
Anyone would think Peter Swales was still running the club using a high street firm of solicitors from Altrincham to take on UEFA, if some of the abject surrender on this thread was anything to go by.

Murph said:

Spot on. dcitd you need to get a grip, C.A.S and ECJ are not UEFA's gimps. That's Wenger's job.
Anyone would think Peter Swales was still running the club using a high street firm of solicitors from Altrincham to take on UEFA, if some of the abject surrender on this thread was anything to go by.

PMSL.

Exactly.

This is what you do in litigation. If offered a shoddy deal you say "see you in court." That is how you get a better deal.

if we bow to UEFA's demands this year ,they will move the goalposts again , and make us pay a £100m next year , make a stand now , tell them to fcuk off , we will have our day in court.

Murph said:

I think it is a shock for a lot of people that it has come down to this, when a fair few people who seemed to understand the rules better than most were telling people to calm down and we would pass no problem.

I think our owners are very astute people who would have looked at and covered all eventualities and they certainly have the deep pockets to take UEFA on.

I am no expert but from what limited knowledge of this ludicrously labelled 'Fair play' rule i have it always seemed to me if it was taken to a European court it would fail miserably,time will tell as always.

Murph said:

Well considering we have been in constant touch with UEFA over this and many ITK have consistently said on this thread there is no issue with FFP then i would suggest that if the fine of 50M squad restrictions etc are true then the Altrincham solicitors would not have done much worse and would have been half the price

Its a fucking football forum with people having views do you honestly not think that we are getting fucked over and every one is watching it happen with fucking smile ontheir faces.

Anyone know what is Gill's exact role at uefa, and also if he is still employed by the scum in any capacity?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.