City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

if we needed proof what a farce ffpr is, lets see what happens at southampton this summer

now is the time for major investment but it can't happen and 2-3 of their best players are going to get cherry-picked

they could be bottom half next season

Brendan110_0 said:
Carry on as we were and prepare for UEFA to back down and be sensible.

gillsad_zps3e82b8b9.jpg

make his day

bazzlar said:
We should reject the Champions League for two seasons, Go out and buy the best players on a contract that states that whilst we are not in the CL they can recieve very high wages but after two years there wages will be brought back in line. Hopefully by then we will have also brought through some of our academy youth too. When we have the best players and have won the Prem two years in a row,plus the League cup and capitol one cup, people who have been watching our exciting brand of football and have started following us we can then re enter the CL, be stronger and comply with FFP as our revenue will have risen due to Sponsorship deals, shirt sales and players image rights.

I don't think you quite understand how FFPR/CL works:

- FFPR is judged over three seasons so the first two seasons, when we were paying extravagant wages, would cause us to get kicked out of the CL again after our first season back.
- We'd be missing out on 2 x £50m for being outside of the CL for two seasons, which would cause us to miss the FFPR again.
- The PL has its own FFPR which states that our wage bill cannot increase by more than 4% year-on-year.
- I don't think we'd be able to get the calibre of players you want. For all the talk of players playing for the money, the best players won't go anywhere if there's no CL, not even for £1m/week.

City Raider said:
if we needed proof what a farce ffpr is, lets see what happens at southampton this summer

now is the time for major investment but it can't happen and 2-3 of their best players are going to get cherry-picked

Absolute bollocks. According to every Liverpool and united fan I hear talk on this subject they can perfectly easily grow "organically".

Falastur said:
bazzlar said:
We should reject the Champions League for two seasons, Go out and buy the best players on a contract that states that whilst we are not in the CL they can recieve very high wages but after two years there wages will be brought back in line. Hopefully by then we will have also brought through some of our academy youth too. When we have the best players and have won the Prem two years in a row,plus the League cup and capitol one cup, people who have been watching our exciting brand of football and have started following us we can then re enter the CL, be stronger and comply with FFP as our revenue will have risen due to Sponsorship deals, shirt sales and players image rights.

- FFPR is judged over three seasons so the first two seasons, when we were paying extravagant wages, would cause us to get kicked out of the CL again after our first season back.
- We'd be missing out on 2 x £50m for being outside of the CL for two seasons, which would cause us to miss the FFPR again.
- The PL has its own FFPR which states that our wage bill cannot increase by more than 4% year-on-year.
- I don't think we'd be able to get the calibre of players you want. For all the talk of players playing for the money, the best players won't go anywhere if there's no CL, not even for £1m/week.

What like Suarez or any top player that signs for the scum this year??

Falastur said:
bazzlar said:

- The PL has its own FFPR which states that our wage bill cannot increase by more than 4% year-on-year.- I don't think we'd be able to get the calibre of players you want. For all the talk of players playing for the money, the best players won't go anywhere if there's no CL, not even for £1m/week.

No mate. As I recall it's 4% PLUS any commercial growth you make. Not a worry for us at all.

City Raider said:

Exactly this. The owner will be able to pocket a boatload of money if he wants to, but that squad is going to tumble after everyone gets through cherry picking their players. How are these rules helping if they can't try to turn that group of talent into a winner?

the smaller Formula 1teams questioning the spending cap introduced and voted for by the big players

sound familiar

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.