City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

We can stomach one season where we concentrate on the League and domestic cups

If we field a mixture of youth and experienced players in the Champions League it might even add to the excitement.

Matty said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
City Raider said:
if we needed proof what a farce ffpr is, lets see what happens at southampton this summer

now is the time for major investment but it can't happen and 2-3 of their best players are going to get cherry-picked

they could be bottom half next season
Absolute bollocks. According to every Liverpool and united fan I hear talk on this subject they can perfectly easily grow "organically".
Yeah, but Liverpool and United's version of growing "organically" is to spunk money earned by selling branded toothpaste to Malaysians because, of course, that's somehow "football" related and therefore perfectly fine.

That Mr Potato deal looks a tad suspect.. Its not as crinkle cut as UEFA would have us believe..

flb said:
BillyShears said:
Matty said:
If it is indeed the third party IP sale then that raises the issue of what happens in a year or so's time when the name of the third party is revealed (as will happen) and the IP sale turns out to be completely above board and perfectly acceptable? By that stage UEFA will have already fined us £50m, and reduced our Champion's League squad for this season (plus probably a similar punishment for next season, when the same issues will arise). Can we claim back the £50m? What about our Champion's League campaign? That will have long gone. Can we sue for potential lost earnings? If we go out in the 2nd round again could we argue that with a full 25 man squad we'd have progressed further? UEFA are playing with fire here.

Having spent the weekend looking into what the squad size reduction means for City, I'd suggest that we are fighting not just the financial sanctions, but also this particular sanction. A 21 man squad with 8 "English" players would leave us with a huge problem in registering players for next season's competition. We'd effectively be limited to 13 "foreign" players, and this is with me including Richards and Rodwell in our calculations. If we were to lose those two then the picture becomes even more complicated.

HART* PANT
NASTY KOMPANY CLICHY* KOLAROV RICHARDS* ZABA DEMI
DINHO NAVAS MILNER* NASRI RODWELL* SILVA GARCIA TOURE
DZEKO AGUERO JOVETIC NEGREDO

That's 21 players right there, and there's only 5 homegrown players in there two of whom are Richards and Rodwell. If we lose the appeal and/or are have our squad limit imposed I don't see how we pick a CL squad strong enough to do well in the competition without replacing at least two of our first team regulars with English players.

This is beginning to feel like a huge clusterfuck of problems.

We could always buy some English !

The problem with that is twofold:-

1 - English players are prohibitively expensive when compared to equally talented foreign options, FFP makes "buying English" a difficult task.

2 - Look at our current squad, how many English players would be good enough to play for us? I'd suggest very, very few.

Matty said:
flb said:
BillyShears said:
Having spent the weekend looking into what the squad size reduction means for City, I'd suggest that we are fighting not just the financial sanctions, but also this particular sanction. A 21 man squad with 8 "English" players would leave us with a huge problem in registering players for next season's competition. We'd effectively be limited to 13 "foreign" players, and this is with me including Richards and Rodwell in our calculations. If we were to lose those two then the picture becomes even more complicated.

HART* PANT

That's 21 players right there, and there's only 5 homegrown players in there two of whom are Richards and Rodwell. If we lose the appeal and/or are have our squad limit imposed I don't see how we pick a CL squad strong enough to do well in the competition without replacing at least two of our first team regulars with English players.

1 - English players are prohibitively expensive when compared to equally talented foreign options, FFP makes "buying English" a difficult task.

2 - Look at our current squad, how many English players would be good enough to play for us? I'd suggest very, very few.

Shaw, Barkley,Colman,Ramsey,Oxlade

We are the champions and that alone makes us very attractive, Shaw for £27 million who you would get 10 years out of him would be money well spent.

Matty said:
flb said:
BillyShears said:

HART* PANT

Luke shaw 27 mill
Yaya Toure 24 mill..

I hear you Blue..

flb said:
Matty said:
flb said:

We are the champions and that alone makes us very attractive, Shaw for £27 million who you would get 10 years out of him would be money well spent.

Coleman keeps coming up in these discussions but he isn't home grown. Didn't sign for Everton until he was 20 and before that was playing for Sligo Rovers in Ireland.

As much as I'd like to see Coleman playing for City he would be ridiculously overpriced in comparison to bringing in a similar level of player from Europe or South America and doesn't have the benefit of HG status so why waste the money

depps said:
flb said:
Matty said:

Coleman keeps coming up in these discussions but he isn't home grown. Didn't sign for Everton until he was 20 and before that was playing for Sligo Rovers in Ireland.

As much as I'd like to see Coleman playing for City he would be ridiculously overpriced in comparison to bringing in a similar level of player from Europe or South America and doesn't have the benefit of HG status so why waste the money

The best English players have always cost the most money, its something we have to get used to im afraid, we are a player now, not some fucking wanna be.

Matty said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
City Raider said:
if we needed proof what a farce ffpr is, lets see what happens at southampton this summer

now is the time for major investment but it can't happen and 2-3 of their best players are going to get cherry-picked

they could be bottom half next season
Absolute bollocks. According to every Liverpool and united fan I hear talk on this subject they can perfectly easily grow "organically".
Yeah, but Liverpool and United's version of growing "organically" is to spunk money earned by selling branded toothpaste to Malaysians because, of course, that's somehow "football" related and therefore perfectly fine.
I am surprised you cannot appreciate the inherent nobility in such an enterprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.