City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Claytop said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BillyShears said:
Having spent the weekend looking into what the squad size reduction means for City, I'd suggest that we are fighting not just the financial sanctions, but also this particular sanction. A 21 man squad with 8 "English" players would leave us with a huge problem in registering players for next season's competition. We'd effectively be limited to 13 "foreign" players, and this is with me including Richards and Rodwell in our calculations. If we were to lose those two then the picture becomes even more complicated.

HART* PANT
NASTY KOMPANY CLICHY* KOLAROV RICHARDS* ZABA DEMI
DINHO NAVAS MILNER* NASRI RODWELL* SILVA GARCIA TOURE
DZEKO AGUERO JOVETIC NEGREDO

That's 21 players right there, and there's only 5 homegrown players in there two of whom are Richards and Rodwell. If we lose the appeal and/or are have our squad limit imposed I don't see how we pick a CL squad strong enough to do well in the competition without replacing at least two of our first team regulars with English players.

This is beginning to feel like a huge clusterfuck of problems.

If we accept the squad restrictions I'd have thought replacing Pants with an English understudy would be the first thing and then maybe sell Kolarov and replace him with Ashley Cole on a free?

Tbf I don't reckon we're going to accept anything. From everything we've heard it sounds like we were given assurances we would be fine and have been strung along by UEFA. I liked recent comments saying we had been planning legal action in the background for the last 3 years.

Indeed. I assume we won't accept it as well, the fact things are dragging on and announcements have been delayed suggests that we aren't bowing down to the shitbags. And I don't even necessarily think it is all about the outrageous level of punishment, if we think we've passed then there will be a huge sense of injustice at the club and I think they will find it difficult to accept anything unless the punishment becomes so small that it is more or less an admittance from UEFA that they have made a big fuck up.

Claytop said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BillyShears said:
Having spent the weekend looking into what the squad size reduction means for City, I'd suggest that we are fighting not just the financial sanctions, but also this particular sanction. A 21 man squad with 8 "English" players would leave us with a huge problem in registering players for next season's competition. We'd effectively be limited to 13 "foreign" players, and this is with me including Richards and Rodwell in our calculations. If we were to lose those two then the picture becomes even more complicated.

HART* PANT
NASTY KOMPANY CLICHY* KOLAROV RICHARDS* ZABA DEMI
DINHO NAVAS MILNER* NASRI RODWELL* SILVA GARCIA TOURE
DZEKO AGUERO JOVETIC NEGREDO

That's 21 players right there, and there's only 5 homegrown players in there two of whom are Richards and Rodwell. If we lose the appeal and/or are have our squad limit imposed I don't see how we pick a CL squad strong enough to do well in the competition without replacing at least two of our first team regulars with English players.

This is beginning to feel like a huge clusterfuck of problems.

If we accept the squad restrictions I'd have thought replacing Pants with an English understudy would be the first thing and then maybe sell Kolarov and replace him with Ashley Cole on a free?

Tbf I don't reckon we're going to accept anything. From everything we've heard it sounds like we were given assurances we would be fine and have been strung along by UEFA. I liked recent comments saying we had been planning legal action in the background for the last 3 years.

When were we given assurances? We were discussing our plans with UEFA but I doubt that we told them we were planning to sack the manager and his staff at a cost of circa £30m but would offset that with the sale of IP rights.

depps said:
flb said:
depps said:
Coleman keeps coming up in these discussions but he isn't home grown. Didn't sign for Everton until he was 20 and before that was playing for Sligo Rovers in Ireland.

As much as I'd like to see Coleman playing for City he would be ridiculously overpriced in comparison to bringing in a similar level of player from Europe or South America and doesn't have the benefit of HG status so why waste the money

The best English players have always cost the most money, its something we have to get used to im afraid, we are a player now, not some fucking wanna be.

I understand that but Coleman isn't English and wouldn't count as Home Grown under the UEFA or Premier League squad rules so why pay the premium for him?

Ramsey it should be noted is Welsh.

EalingBlue2 said:
Fabregas
Pogba
Lots of good players who would be home grown. - we can also sign 20 year olds from other countries and they can play on top of the 21

Premier League - Yes
Champions League - No, they have to be club-trained for 2 years from 15-21 to avoid inclusion in the A-list.

lancs blue said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Fabregas
Pogba
Lots of good players who would be home grown. - we can also sign 20 year olds from other countries and they can play on top of the 21

Premier League - Yes
Champions League - No, they have to be club-trained for 2 years from 15-21 to avoid inclusion in the A-list.

Balotelli being the prime example, in his first season we didn't need to name him in the Premier League squad, as he was under 21 at the cutoff point. However we did need to name him in our European squad as he hasn't spent 2 full years at the club prior to his 21st birthday.

The season isn't quiet 24 hours finished and already 2 of Southampton's young English players, around whom they should be able to build a successful side, have been subject to large bids from Liverpool and Manchester United. FFP at work ladies and gentlemen.

Matty said:
depps said:
flb said:
The best English players have always cost the most money, its something we have to get used to im afraid, we are a player now, not some fucking wanna be.

I understand that but Coleman isn't English and wouldn't count as Home Grown under the UEFA or Premier League squad rules so why pay the premium for him?

Ramsey it should be noted is Welsh.

And Home Grown, which is the point

Villa up for sale and their fans want a billionaire buyer. Oh how disappointed they will be if they do get a rich owner and FFP limits their growth. Maybe it will dawn on them that this isn't about stopping a Portsmouth, its about stopping another city.

George Hannah said:
strongbowholic said:
Wonder time we'll hear anything today?

rightaboutnow_zps9e01315d.jpg

any time now

Is that the £50k watch he was 'gifted'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.