City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Crazy situation this whole thing really. They only want to punish us to appease the established clubs. Anyone looking completely objectively at our situation could see we are being run in the right way, no debt, increasing revenue, heavy investment in infrastructure and youth development and at the same time still playing exciting and entertaining football which fans across the globe enjoy. Really really ought to get their priorities right!

A nice A to Z of FFP

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ffw.com/pdf/Financial%20Fair%20Play%20in%20Football%202014%20.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ffw.com/pdf/Financial%20Fair ... 014%20.pdf</a>

bellsouth said:
Crazy situation this whole thing really. They only want to punish us to appease the established clubs. Anyone looking completely objectively at our situation could see we are being run in the right way, no debt, increasing revenue, heavy investment in infrastructure and youth development and at the same time still playing exciting and entertaining football which fans across the globe enjoy. Really really ought to get their priorities right!

You're absolutely spot on there. I actually think that the object of most of our venom, Platini, is way out of his depth, and is now stuck between a rock and a hard place, as he needs to appease the G14 clubs, but can't do it without appearing to single out City. I think City were always the main target because we were expected to ignore FFP and spend regardless. Now that's not happened, they're trying to move the goalposts.

john@staustell said:
fbloke said:
2 interesting developments that could have a huge impact on FFP if the parties involved act.

Randy Lerner wants out and he might find that the value of Villa is hit as its not something any new owner can freely invest in. So perhaps a billionaire owner who is leaving the game altogether, from a club that is outside UEFA sanctions might think it the perfect time to attack FFP legally?

Secondly, if City cannot find any way forward with UEFA (which I seriously doubt they can) then logic dictates that the best next move is not to CAS but to issue an injunction against FFP until the ANY current legal challenge is worked though. Why would City bother dancing to UEFA's tune if within 18 months FFP is kicked out?

Excellent points. I have always listed a number of 'unintended consequences'. Another of course is the PFA will potentially have 4 players deprived of CL bonuses. Is that legal?

1. Villa are not a CL team unikely to be such and not an member of the G14 therefore they dont give a fuck who buys it or its goes to the wall

2. The next move is the appeals panel and then CAS that the conditions of the UEFA license

BringBackSwales said:
ffp is so fucking bent and so fucking complicated - why not make it fairer and simpler by having a simple rule where debt cannot go to a above a certain % of turnover - easy to understand and administer, and hurts the true problems in footballing finance, be it the portsmouths or the uniteds of this world

Isn't that what FFP was about originally, before it was hijacked by the G14.

Murph said:
BringBackSwales said:
ffp is so fucking bent and so fucking complicated - why not make it fairer and simpler by having a simple rule where debt cannot go to a above a certain % of turnover - easy to understand and administer, and hurts the true problems in footballing finance, be it the portsmouths or the uniteds of this world

Isn't that what FFP was about originally, before it was hijacked by the G14.

yes.

Calling something fair, doesn't mean its really fair.

This rule is not fair and should be challenged.

fbloke said:
2 interesting developments that could have a huge impact on FFP if the parties involved act.

Randy Lerner wants out and he might find that the value of Villa is hit as its not something any new owner can freely invest in. So perhaps a billionaire owner who is leaving the game altogether, from a club that is outside UEFA sanctions might think it the perfect time to attack FFP legally?

Secondly, if City cannot find any way forward with UEFA (which I seriously doubt they can) then logic dictates that the best next move is not to CAS but to issue an injunction against FFP until the ANY current legal challenge is worked though. Why would City bother dancing to UEFA's tune if within 18 months FFP is kicked out?
It's in the rules that they have to go to CAS in the event of any dispute. I'm certainly no legal eagle but I think CAS rules on whether the rules have been applied correctly but wouldn't make a decision on whether those rules are in themselves consistent with EU Law.

But even I can see that there appear to be no grounds in FFP's Annex X, which deals with the details of allowable and non-allowable income, to disallow a cash receipt which relates to football operations or club branding..

Roosty said:
Mike Keegan on Twitter:

Mike Keegan ‏@mikekeeganmen · 13m
Asked Uefa for latest on #mcfc & proposed FFP sanctions. Was told 'no precise timing/date yet'.

That is the only legit update. I have just spent ages online trying to find out what is happening. Various journo's are making shite up but in truth Uefa have said squat and therefore they are just filling column inches with shite.

The fact that there was no official press release on Friday and nothing today shows that nothing has been decided, no 50 mil fine and no player sanction, the press are just making it up.
They will probably agree to let it all die down and be forgotten about. Other then wenger who is moaning about it ? World Cup coming up etc. They are on a loser and they know it.

And that is making it up just like the journo's.

Prestwich_Blue said:
fbloke said:

It's in the rules that they have to go to CAS in the event of any dispute. I'm certainly no legal eagle but I think CAS rules on whether the rules have been applied correctly but wouldn't make a decision on whether those rules are in themselves consistent with EU Law.

But even I can see that there appear to be no grounds in FFP's Annex X, which deals with the details of allowable and non-allowable income, to disallow a cash receipt which relates to football operations or club branding..

If you don't accept the legitimacy of FFP or any of its elements why would you follow the appeal procedures for those rules?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.