City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Ducado said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Kinkys Left Foot said:
It would be interesting to see where the club sees FFP in the long term.

I think currently of course its seen as an abhorrence of sorts that prevents us from getting where we want to be in the time frame of our desire.

How will we view it when the current turmoil disappears and we are in the castle courtyard with the drawbridge raised?

Will we fall in line with the rest of the G14 or 15 and wallow in the mire of our own hypocrisy and be happy to line our protectionist pockets knowing that we can never be followed or challenged? Will we happily challenge United and Chelsea and Arsenal for the League (maybe Liverpool again) and fuck everyone else. Our current indignation may seem a little misplaced and I would hate to have Everton and Villa fans take me to task and find myself spouting the bollocks that comes out of the mouths of our Gooner friends today in our defence!
Should we not take a moral stance against it (really the element of break even is the only element that sucks and prevents investment and the initial view for FFP was noble and worthwhile and should have been developed upon with regards to the management of debt). I'm not sure it could survive in this guise or if the whole rotten lot should be dismantled and the whole process be started again. Nothing survives when its foundations are are not built on solid ground.

Personally my interest in City is about football and the fans, my concern is us winning the league again and going on to win the champs league and really stick it up Platini and the g 14

As I see it if we fight through to the ECJ etc we are very likely to have a few years out of Europe some big punishments and to lose players like aguero who expressly what to win the champs league. For me sacrificing the current team and out progress over 3 years in some moral crusade to rid football if corruption (who are we kidding) would hurt the fans and the club more than anyone else.

If we won and broke UEFA and caused a g 14 to be set up and won 500m why would I care if it meant a team being smashed up and a future with no derbies etc.

I like the prem , I like playing Liverpool, arsenal, the rags these are the games I live for and I don't want a super league in Europe whether we are in it or not and a super league would be 100% inevitable off we smash UEFA. Also for any teams not in the super league TV deals will be going down 80% +

So this moral crusade even if it is worthy could kill a lot of what is good in the game as much as what is bad and as FFP is to our advantage in the mid term it seems like a pretty stupid strategy to me to fight too hard in terms of the team, the fans and the future of the game!

Let someone else do it more gently like DuPont and FFP will go without the consequences for us or football

You don't half worry to much and spout some alarmist nonsense

I am saying it could happen not it will and avoiding this is why I am sure neither UEFA or city will let it get anywhere near that far. We won't take action not in our interests just because a few bombastic fans want to go to war, anymore that NATO will start a world war with Russia over Crimea even if some people think it would be the right thing to do as they think Putin is in the wrong!

Ducado said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Kinkys Left Foot said:

I think currently of course its seen as an abhorrence of sorts that prevents us from getting where we want to be in the time frame of our desire.

How will we view it when the current turmoil disappears and we are in the castle courtyard with the drawbridge raised?

Will we fall in line with the rest of the G14 or 15 and wallow in the mire of our own hypocrisy and be happy to line our protectionist pockets knowing that we can never be followed or challenged? Will we happily challenge United and Chelsea and Arsenal for the League (maybe Liverpool again) and fuck everyone else. Our current indignation may seem a little misplaced and I would hate to have Everton and Villa fans take me to task and find myself spouting the bollocks that comes out of the mouths of our Gooner friends today in our defence!
Should we not take a moral stance against it (really the element of break even is the only element that sucks and prevents investment and the initial view for FFP was noble and worthwhile and should have been developed upon with regards to the management of debt). I'm not sure it could survive in this guise or if the whole rotten lot should be dismantled and the whole process be started again. Nothing survives when its foundations are are not built on solid ground.

Personally my interest in City is about football and the fans, my concern is us winning the league again and going on to win the champs league and really stick it up Platini and the g 14

As I see it if we fight through to the ECJ etc we are very likely to have a few years out of Europe some big punishments and to lose players like aguero who expressly what to win the champs league. For me sacrificing the current team and out progress over 3 years in some moral crusade to rid football if corruption (who are we kidding) would hurt the fans and the club more than anyone else.

If we won and broke UEFA and caused a g 14 to be set up and won 500m why would I care if it meant a team being smashed up and a future with no derbies etc.

I like the prem , I like playing Liverpool, arsenal, the rags these are the games I live for and I don't want a super league in Europe whether we are in it or not and a super league would be 100% inevitable off we smash UEFA. Also for any teams not in the super league TV deals will be going down 80% +

So this moral crusade even if it is worthy could kill a lot of what is good in the game as much as what is bad and as FFP is to our advantage in the mid term it seems like a pretty stupid strategy to me to fight too hard in terms of the team, the fans and the future of the game!

Let someone else do it more gently like DuPont and FFP will go without the consequences for us or football

And I would add it is not me talking about bankrupting UEFA, sueing for 500m , bringing down the g14 I am talking about what the real consequences of what the bombastic warriors are going on about.

It is quite clear be it wars or be it major legal cases that a lot of things start small and have huge consequences - has anyone thought practically what the consequences of bankrupting European football are? Or what the consequences of us being outside European competition are etc? Our leaders have I am sure which is why if it does go to court it will be CAS and on sporting terms not the ECJ.

I am merely being sober, sensible and strategic as opposed to emotional, bombastic and angry

TrueBlue1705 said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Kinkys Left Foot said:

But the squad restriction are intended to make sure we have virtually no chance of winning the CL anyway - if Gill and UEFA get any joy here you can guarantee Gill will be all over it trying to enforce a similar FFP rule for the PL.

1) Basically its all about cartels, politics and stopping competition/investment

2) UEFA: the G14 want to keep it all for themselves

3) In the PL Man United and Chelsea both who have strong representation in the PL committee/decision making process, they have already positioned themselves in such a way that if they see an opportunity to fuck us over in the PL they will.

4) Gill is a sneaky twat - he's also a qualified accountant, he knows stuff, we need to go after this guy big time, he needs taking down a peg or two and the sooner the better!! He's hell bent on putting a major spanner in the Man City works!!
1 - agree 100% but that is now to city's advantage and a positive - look at how Roman embraces it
2 I think they do but they wouldn't give a rags if one or two of the g14 drop out as long as it is not them- they care about themselves not each other - do you think Madrid would give a feck if we replaced arsenal?
3 agree and we need to cooly and calmly over time build alliances and manoeuvre our people into place and make sure that whatever they try most people are worse off
4 he needs to be dealt with but that is an assassination not a world war - metaphorically speaking

EalingBlue2 said:
Ducado said:
EalingBlue2 said:

And I would add it is not me talking about bankrupting UEFA, sueing for 500m , bringing down the g14 I am talking about what the real consequences of what the bombastic warriors are going on about.

It is quite clear be it wars or be it major legal cases that a lot of things start small and have huge consequences - has anyone thought practically what the consequences of bankrupting European football are? Or what the consequences of us being outside European competition are etc? Our leaders have I am sure which is why if it does go to court it will be CAS and on sporting terms not the ECJ.

I am merely being sober, sensible and strategic as opposed to emotional, bombastic and angry

You keep mistaking the anger of City fans for what the club will do, I have every faith in those running the club and I am quite sure they are not relying on advice from Bluemoon

EalingBlue2 said:
Ducado said:
EalingBlue2 said:

I am saying it could happen not it will and avoiding this is why I am sure neither UEFA or city will let it get anywhere near that far. We won't take action not in our interests just because a few bombastic fans want to go to war, anymore that NATO will start a world war with Russia over Crimea even if some people think it would be the right thing to do as they think Putin is in the wrong!
There's a difference between 'going to war' as you put it and defending ourselves. The war you describe is not one of our choosing and I'm not going to repeat 600-odd pages again to explain why this is the case.

We are under attack by the self-serving G14, and if the good ladies and gents of Manchester City sit by and do nothing, imo its just as bad as the G14 starting the 'war' in the first place. If we don't defend ourselves, who do you expect will defend us?

The mooted £50m fine is not pocket change that our owner can just pluck out of thin air and lob at UEFA, it's a lot of money and paying it is as much an afront to most of us as the principle of FFP is. If the G14 want a war, we should defend ourselves and teach the bully's a lesson they won't forget.

Ducado said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Ducado said:

You keep mistaking the anger of City fans for what the club will do, I have every faith in those running the club and I am quite sure they are not relying on advice from Bluemoon
Fair enough I was calling for sense from the more bellicose of our fans - the club I am sure will do what is in the clubs beat interests and do things very sober and sensibly with our footballing and public interest the main driver

Dribble said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Ducado said:

There's a difference between 'going to war' as you put it and defending ourselves. The war you describe is not one of our choosing and I'm not going to repeat 600-odd pages again to explain why this is the case.

We are under attack by the self-serving G14, and if the good ladies and gents of Manchester City sit by and do nothing, imo its just as bad as the G14 starting the 'war' in the first place. If we don't defend ourselves, who do you expect will defend us?

The mooted £50m fine is not pocket change that our owner can just pluck out of thin air and lob at UEFA, it's a lot of money and paying it is as much an afront to most of us as the principle of FFP is. If the G14 want a war, we should defend ourselves and teach the bully's a lesson they won't forget.

That's the point we can't defeat or do any harm to the g14 they would love us to smash UEFA it would save them doing it and they could then do there own thing and make far more money than they do now! Going to war with FFP and bankrupting UEFA may be what the g14 want so they can fully takeover the game and make us the villain and the idiot who does their work for them.

We can fight and win a war against UEFA maybe but we cannot fight a war and beat the g14 who have a supporter base of 2 billion to out optimistic 20 million ! So let's not even pretend we would be doing anything other than playing into their hands by smashing UEFA or taking on the prem league, United would love to get their 500m TV deal and Madrid and Barca would love 300m from champs league not 40m let's not give the g14 what they want.

It would be like George w bush going to war with Iraq to defeat al Qaeda

Dribble said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Ducado said:

Yep, kick them in the bollocks

We all know Jean-Louis Dupont, the same lawyer that stood by Bosman (the player), is already investigating if the FFR are rightly brought into the game of football. I've read a few things about it and are confident the UEFA will have a big problem defending what they brought in under European law. But it'll take a few years at least to come to the point if the FFR are either accepted or banned. And let's not kid ourselves that City or any other club are able to reclaim the fines they have payed in the past.

We simply need to leave this to the owner and the board. The outcome will stirr us up as much as the rules and it's punishment, but there's very little we can do about it other than voice and show we don't agree. We have coped with bigger problems and often these kind of unjustments will bring a great mentality within the ones who feel unjustice is being done to them. We already did a double and that's quite a big finger we can hold up to whoever accuses us of "cheating". Envy is boarderless.

If we get shafted, then just bloody boycott the CL matches. I for one can't be arsed with these any more.

Weighted Draw
Crooked Organisation
Incompetent Referees

In short, we are pissing in the wind thinking we could ever win it and every game we play sees the same old media pundits waffle the same old rhetoric.

I'd play the bloody U18's at the new academy stadium to take on Europe's best. ITV and Sky would soon get the message as their viewing figures plummeted as we rightly treated this competition and organisation with the contempt it warrants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.