City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

willipp said:
Well to me it seems once you get past the sky sports headlines of a £48.8 million fine it actually looks like we've come out of this ok.

The club will have thought long and hard about whether to fight this and they are much better positioned than us to decide not to take it further. I fully expect that the conditions of our pass for next year are 100% water tight and if so I trust the club to get us where they expect us to be next year at this stage. Yes we all would love to give Uefa and FFP a good kicking, but this really isn't the time. Leave it others and show the class and dignity our manager shows in adversity and move on.

We sign Mangala and Fernando in the summer and that adds a huge bit of strength to our squad and starting 11. Nothing in those sanctions impacts our plans for next season apart from the 21 man squad which im sure we will be fine with.

Fully agree, sensationalist headline, but if we break eve next year, our fine will mainly be returned.. As posted earlier.

"
Should City comply with the regulations over the next two seasons, many of the penalties can be ended, and UEFA will return up to 40 million euros. If, however, City continue to operate in violation of the FFP rules, the squad limitations and other penalties will be extended to the 2015-16 season.".

If we are indeed confident of breaking even, which I assume we are, otherwise an appeal would have been lodged obviously.

So we've effectively been fined up to €20m and a squad restriction for 1 season?

Restricted to €60m net. So Fernando, Managala and that leaves €20 if we need, that's without selling.
Lescott & Barry's wages will cover two players coming in from Porto.

Sell Sinclair, Guidetti, Boyata that gives us another €6-8m and a decent wage to play with. Richards, Pantilimon could also make way.

So, effectively net 60 million to spend, and a 15 million fine. Not really worth appealing.

And the team of ex-Deloitte members who were hired should be sacked immediately.

We've got in through the drawbridge just as it closed but they've given us a beating once we got into the castle.

We'll survive it though and go on to be kings of the castle.

Maybe other clubs are more worried that we won't be paying over the odds for any signings this summer, given what our team is already 60m euros will be fine, if I were the other clubs I would be more worried what position we will be in come 2015/16 far far more powerful than now, I will sleep well knowing we are in good hands. 2 titles 1 FA Cup 1 Lge Cup recently, together believe and fight to the end :)

So about a £16M fine split over Two seasons, we can still spend the best part of £50M on a centre back and centre midfielder before out-going's, which is all we need really + Sagna on a free. 21 players in CL, as long as there's no other restrictions ie home-grown it's not too bad.

Over all, not as bad as it could have been, without going through the courts, we can leave that to Dupont.

The announcement on the OS is displeased but unmistakably satisfied. Displeased at being punished for not breaking bent rules but satisfied at giving little away. A limit on transfer spending of €60m shouldn't stop us bringing in Mangala, Fernando and Sagna, which is the limit of our ambition this summer. The salary "limitations" seem of little significance as are the squad limitations, since we only used 23 players to dominate the domestic game. I suspect there are other sponsorship deals on the way this summer and the club seems certain that by this time next year the blue moon will have risen a lot higher in the sky, so I'll suspend my desire to force the FFPR into a part of Platini where the sun is unlikely to reach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.