City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Matty said:
Our official statement, when summarised, basically says:-

1 - We believe we complied with FFP.

2 - We believe UEFA haven't acted transparently, and have been deceitful and prejudiced against us.

3 - Ideally we'd rip UEFA and FFP to pieces in the courts, but that would impact and reflect badly on our partners and sponsors.

4 - We'll accept the punishment, but ultimately most of it doesn't really affect our plans or the way the club will be run.
Or in other words, we've been shafted but we're pretending we're not bothered.

I genuinely don't understand how they can justify any fine as a punishment. It just seems too stupid

Whilst it could have been worse, it could also have been so much better.

As it stands, principally, we've accepted we're crooked. Never mind though, I'm sure UEFA won't be looking at all at our latest UAE based sponsorship deal with Arabtec.

Oasis at COMS 2005 is on Sky Arts at the moment. I'm probably better off watching that than getting too wound up about this.

Fucking UEFA.

Fucking cunts.

TrueBlue1705 said:
OK, with all the posts on here its hard to sift through and get accurate details, this is reported by BBC sport and all values in UK £ Pounds to avoid confusion:

1) Fine OF £49m, £32m of which is suspended - We've obviously negotiated this down

2) Can only name a 21-man Champions League squad next season - no mention of a home grown quota which means we can cope no problem with this

3) Can only spend £49m net on players this summer - Don't think a problem, could see us getting about £15m-20m for players sold, so say up to £70m to spend. Mangala and Fernando (approx £40m), Sagna (Free),

4) Wage bill for 2014-15 must stay the same as this season - I think our wage bill was actually going to be less next season anyway

BBC Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27445475
I'm not sure honestly the UEFA squad limitations will be lifted as part of the punishment. Either way, I'm sure we'll cope fine.

Pam said:
Stoned Rose said:
Daz_Blue said:
If we had signed Messi that would of fucked us for years

I pointed this out several times on the Messi thread and was laughed out of town by the self proclaimed ffp experts and other general billy big bollocks types.

I am encouraged. £60 mill will be more than sufficient.

60m euros not £60m

Why are we agreeing to this? This leaves the door open for the rags to rebuild on the cheap? How could we misinterpretate the rules? Are simply waiting for Dupont's case to do the job for us? Wee are going to get low balled on any player we sell, ,,,,,,
Dupont is going to win his case.

Ben Rumsby: "After their £1bn spending spree"

FFS, we've spent less than half of that on players but that greasy twat's implications make it sound like we've splashed out a billion on players.

Wreckless Alec said:
Only £40m transfer budget allowed plus whatever we can get from player sales. That looks like Fernando and Mangala deal will not be resurrected although the club say it won't make a difference to our plans. Ah well, minus the injury problems we had this year we can walk the league.

Galling though it is to have our transfers effectively controlled by our rivals in the cartel, I'm surprised it isn't worse.

60 million

Is it me, but cant help thinking this means we are fine. If your villa, Newcastle or Everton just watch out for that draw bridge that has just been well and truly pulled up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.