City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

chaddblue said:
I'm on a train and pissed. But reading the official city statement it seems we've won, but made to look like uefa have won?
I'm not sure we'd say we've won but it seems like we're relatively unscathed. The sanctions are largely non-sanctions given where we are and our future plans. But they look tough.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Where has this homegrown rumour bollocks come from?

If that was the case do you not think we might have mentioned it in our statement?

It's a rule for every club in the CL

It will affect us. The question is whether we still have to abide by 8 HG players or whether that has been reduced to, say, 6 as part of the overall squad reduction.

Neville Kneville said:
Tim of the Oak said:
corky1970 said:
Shhhhh don't let the world know what we're doing

Oh hold on , it's on the OS that we've accepted a rimming ,sorry mate , I hate corruption and I seriously thought we'd be the ones that would expose these cunts, but it seems we've joined the party

We've been well and truly shafted but the media aren't queueing up to help us and City "buying trophies again" and "cheating the rules" sells. We have treated FFP as a confidential process that is was supposed to be (until the outcome was formally announced) but have been taken to the cleaners as posters have written.

We absolutlely have not.

The only thing that will make any difference, is if the 8 homegrown rule still stands. If it doesn't, then we have won by a knockout. The cartel will be fucking gutted by this.

The cartel can appeal this mate.

UEFA fine clubs £50k for vicious racism. They have fined us up to £50m (£16m best case scenario) for differences of opinion over accounting methods. Well and truly shafted!!

Ofcourse we can continue to grow but be in no doubt we have been well and truly mugged off.

Prestwich_Blue said:
chaddblue said:
I'm on a train and pissed. But reading the official city statement it seems we've won, but made to look like uefa have won?
I'm not sure we'd say we've won but it seems like we're relatively unscathed. The sanctions are largely non-sanctions given where we are and our future plans. But they look tough.

It is actually classic diplomacy, politics and spin rather than being a punishment - classic football politics! Well done both parties for stitching this up.

TrueBlue1705 said:
Blue Haze said:
yamcha said:
yes there is. 8 home grown players, 4 of them must have come through the academy.

I'd reduce the squad for this season to 21 if I was the club. No player would be left out of the CL and we'd save on wages. And I'd focus only on two competitions. Let the EDS play in the capital one cup and fa cup.

This is the way I read it

Original rules: City can name 25 A-list players (players over 21), 8 of which must be homegrown.

City this last season didn't name a full 8 homegrown

New restrictions: City are limited to 21 A-list players

What's to stop us from simply excluding homegrown slots? If we've known about this restriction for weeks, why are we pursuing 3 foreign players?

this is what needs some clarification - can the 4 player squad reduction all come from our homegrown quota if we choose?

i.e. 21 man squad with 4 homegrown players if we want, if not then it will be very difficult for us....

I would suspect, because of the inevitable player brought court case if they were excluded because of these sanctions, that we would be allowed to knock it off the HG quota, but that's just my theory.

It's not quite as bad as first feared, but what if UEFA had come along and made this announcement at the outset? We'd have been outraged

The good thing for me, is that City can be competitive in Europe next season, and thereafter nothing can stop us

FFP has been hanging over us for years, and now we can see some daylight. But the sanctions will hit us next season however much we try to put a brave face on it. And City are being singled out despite making genuine efforts to meet FFP

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Rammyblues said:
Squad limitations will be 13 foreign players, 4 homegrown players and 4 city academy players who are over 21. Suspect this is why we have offered Boyata a new contract. Getting down to 13 foreign players on the A list is going to be very tricky and unpopular with some of our players who have to miss out. Just hope that with all these restrictions we go out next season and beat the lot of them and win the bloody thing.

I'd rather we sent out the EDS with 21 home grown players. Fuck the CL for a year, lets hurt them and have the English champions devaluing the competition.
They won't feel it or give a shit if we do that.

Foreign: Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Nastasic, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Javi Garcia, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo

Homegrown: Milner, Clichy, Rodwell, (Barkley?)

Academy: Boyata, Hart, Guidetti, Richards

----
Goalkeepers: Hart

Defenders: Zabaleta, Boyata, Richards, Kompany, Mangala, Nastasic, Clichy, Kolarov

Midfielders: Milner, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Javi Garcia, Silva, Nasri, Barkley

Strikers: Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo, Guidetti
Guidetti? Have we sold Jovetic and kept big John on the sly?

Operating with no debt, additional bonuses can be paid, no material impact on planned transfer activity and Champions 2013-2014. What more needs to be said? Roll on next season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
chaddblue said:

Don't understand why you think it's tough. I can't imagine how we could possibly have done better.

The Etihad deal is passed, so any other similar deals are the same. That was the big hope for the cartel clubs, that their panel could stop us getting value from our sponsors & they've failed.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Blue Haze said:
This is the way I read it

Original rules: City can name 25 A-list players (players over 21), 8 of which must be homegrown.

City this last season didn't name a full 8 homegrown

New restrictions: City are limited to 21 A-list players

What's to stop us from simply excluding homegrown slots? If we've known about this restriction for weeks, why are we pursuing 3 foreign players?

this is what needs some clarification - can the 4 player squad reduction all come from our homegrown quota if we choose?

i.e. 21 man squad with 4 homegrown players if we want, if not then it will be very difficult for us....

I would suspect, because of the inevitable player brought court case if they were excluded because of these sanctions, that we would be allowed to knock it off the HG quota, but that's just my theory.

In which case it is an absolute non punishment as we would not have had them anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.