City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
"You might feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Well, fuck pride. It never helps. You fight though that shit".

Yeh, the bitter cunts have had us over, but given the unpredictability of the courts and the potential doomsday scenario of Chimps League exclusion that could have come our way, I don't reckon those sanctions are gonna put too much of a dent in our plans. The only pisser for me is that we might not be able to afford Ross Barkley this summer.

I might need PB's help here, but just to confirm, am I right in thinking.....

1. We lose 10m of last season's Chimps League money
2. We lose 10m of next season's Chimps League money
3. 30m of the 50m fine is suspended (pending what PB? Compliance with FFP next year, or the year after that as well?)
4. We can still spend 60m on transfers this summer
5. Our 21 player Chimps League player limit, does not include a caveat stating we must still have 8 home growners in it.
6. We are not allowed new sponsorship deals next year?
7. Candlepool, Arseholenal and the rags can still lobby for our punishment to be increased.

All in all, could have been a fuck sight worse. Qualifying for the Chimps League again next year was the short term Holy Grail, and that goal shouldn't really be affected by this punishment. We've had a bit of a contretemps in the showers and our collective arses probably sting a bit, but given that we could have been fucked senseless by the whole of E wing without the benefit of a bar of soap, I can live with it......
To answer your questions (as I understand the terms)
1) Correct
2) Correct
3) The above only hold good as long as we comply in full with the terms of the settlement agreement otherwise it's €30m each season instead of €10m. It's not clear how this will be reflected in our revenues for FFP purposes though.
4) We can spend €60m net on transfers this summer (according to the club with no reference to January which is interesting). UEFA say nothing specific in their press release.
5) Doesn't appear to have a home-grown caveat.
6) Not correct if I've read it right. We have agreed not to increase the terms of two unspecified "second tier" deals, which I take doesn't include Etihad and Nike and is more likely to be the other Abu Dhabi-based sponsors (Aabar, Etisalat, etc.)
7) They can I believe.

The other thing that jumps out, reading between the lines, is that they had problems with the sale of IP but probably couldn't find grounds to disallow it. So we've agreed not to do it anymore, which we weren't going to do anyway as these were presumably one-offs for the foreseeable future.

Tim of the Oak said:
corky1970 said:
Ban-jani said:
Don't be naive you cuntflapper.

If they let us know, then everyone in the world knows their approach.
What do you expect them to do, riddles on the back of season cards?

Shhhhh don't let the world know what we're doing

Oh hold on , it's on the OS that we've accepted a rimming ,sorry mate , I hate corruption and I seriously thought we'd be the ones that would expose these cunts, but it seems we've joined the party

We've been well and truly shafted but the media aren't queueing up to help us and City "buying trophies again" and "cheating the rules" sells. We have treated FFP as a confidential process that is was supposed to be (until the outcome was formally announced) but have been taken to the cleaners as posters have written.

We absolutlely have not.

The only thing that will make any difference, is if the 8 homegrown rule still stands. If it doesn't, then we have won by a knockout. The cartel will be fucking gutted by this.

I'm on a train and pissed. But reading the official city statement it seems we've won, but made to look like uefa have won?

Neville Kneville said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Neville Kneville said:
I recon nobody knows yet, including the MUEN.

Well - if the 8 homegrown number that keeps getting banded about is true then we're royally f*cked for the CL

No we're not. It would just mean that some of the overseas players will have a sulk on for the season but be fitter in the Prem. We will still have 13 plus Miner, Hart, Nastasic, Clichy & any young players we choose to involve. It just means we will have to use certain players in the Champs League & rest them more in the Prem. A bit more 'management'.

Is Lopes homegrown... or is he a foreigner and so deemed evil by UEFA...

I think we will be all pissed off when we see some of the EDS lads playing against Ramos, Bale and Ronaldo...

From the UEFA OS.

Nine clubs sign settlement agreements

Published: Friday 16 May 2014, 21.56CET

Club Financial Control Body Investigatory Chamber terms have been accepted by nine clubs under investigation in relation to the Financial Fair Play break-even requirement.

The Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) Investigatory Chamber today announced that the nine clubs, for which investigations were opened following non-compliance with Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations, have individually agreed to settlement agreements.

These agreements are aimed at ensuring each club achieves break-even compliance with minimal delay, and are defined by Articles 14 (1) (b) and 15 of the Procedural Rules governing the CFCB.

Each of the settlement agreements includes some or all of the following provisions:

Break-even targets: Defined as (i) annual and aggregate break-even results as per individual summary settlements, and/or (ii) restrictions on the level of revenue from sponsorship/inter-company transactions that can be included in a club's future break-even calculation;

Sporting measures: Defined as limitations on (i) the number of players included on the 'A' list related to UEFA competitions, and/or (ii) the registration of newly-transferred players on the 'A' and 'B' squad lists related to UEFA competitions; and/or (iii) employee benefit expenses (total wages and benefits) incurred in the relevant reporting period(s); and

Financial contributions: Defined as money withheld from revenues earned from participation in UEFA competitions (for which the distribution of such money according to an agreed formula shall be communicated at a later date). Such contributions shall not impact future break-even calculations.

The nine clubs for which investigations were conducted by the CFCB Investigatory Chamber are: Bursaspor (TUR), FC Anji Makhachkala (RUS), FC Rubin Kazan (RUS), FC Zenit (RUS), Galatasaray AŞ (TUR), Manchester City FC (ENG), Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), PFC Levski Sofia (BUL) and Trabzonspor AŞ (TUR).

The individual summary settlements (in English only) are available on UEFA.org.

Each club will be subject to ongoing monitoring, and any case of non-compliance with the terms of their agreement will be automatically referred to the CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber as per Article 15 (4) of the Procedural Rules governing the CFCB.

Agreements may be reviewed by the CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber upon the request of the Chairman of the CFCB and/or upon the request of a directly affected party within ten days.

Manchester City.http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles...ncialControl/02/10/69/00/2106900_DOWNLOAD.pdf

PSG. http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles...ncialControl/02/10/68/99/2106899_DOWNLOAD.pdf

The others. http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/club-financial-controlling-body/cases/index.html

hgblue said:
Matty said:
hgblue said:
You're not alone, and that is a cracking post mate.

Apart from when he's got his maths fundamentally wrong you mean?

I couldn't give a shit about the maths to be honest. I'm opposed to FFP in principle, because I believe it's anti-competitive and bad for the game.
I think we have acted in the clubs interests especially on the footballing side and preserved our team and push for honours! A fight firstly is more likely to be won at the ECJ by someone fighting from the employment angle and someone is doing this and secondly why ruin our team and our progress on some free market principle and put this before football

Blue Haze said:
yamcha said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
PLEASE, someone clarify, is there a homegrown quota in the 21 squad ?????

yes there is. 8 home grown players, 4 of them must have come through the academy.

I'd reduce the squad for this season to 21 if I was the club. No player would be left out of the CL and we'd save on wages. And I'd focus only on two competitions. Let the EDS play in the capital one cup and fa cup.

This is the way I read it

Original rules: City can name 25 A-list players (players over 21), 8 of which must be homegrown.

City this last season didn't name a full 8 homegrown

New restrictions: City are limited to 21 A-list players

What's to stop us from simply excluding homegrown slots? If we've known about this restriction for weeks, why are we pursuing 3 foreign players?

Murph said:
Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.

So we are limited to a 60M euro net spend two seasons running? Any confirmation of the figure for the 2nd season?

Surely the transfer limit is for players in the CL? We could spend another £100m on players but they could only play in the PL? Am I right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.