City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

The Goat 10 said:
Right so

Am I right in thinking we haven't been fined at all

- We're to lose out on £20m from the next two seasons CL revenue money
- We can only register 23 Players
- We can only spend £60m (With added sales) over the next transfer window
- We are scheduled to break even next year?.

That's how I see it.

GXCity said:
Murph said:
Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.

So we are limited to a 60M euro net spend two seasons running? Any confirmation of the figure for the 2nd season?

Surely the transfer limit is for players in the CL? We could spend another £100m on players but they could only play in the PL? Am I right?

Looks to me like we have a limit on spending for two seasons, and also a restriction on new signings made next year, being available for our CL squad in the 2nd season of sanctions.

"Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.

Manchester City further accepts a calculated limitation on the number of new registrations it may include within their “A” List for the purposes of participation in UEFA competitions.

This calculation is based on the clubs net transfer position in each respective registration period covered by this agreement."

Rammyblues said:
Viva Dupont Fuck Off Platini.
Exactly, as soon as this came out I emailed Dupont offering him my time for case prep if he needs a number cruncher, he'll probably tell me to fuck off or not reply but Vive Dupont!

Somehow I think all our dealings in transfer market were concluded before this statement was released.

RandomJ said:
I'm very disappointed City have just decided to bend over and take it. I don't think there would have been many fans out there who would have complained had we decided to take the cunts to court. But now the club has validated FFP and pretty much allowed them to continue to take the piss next season as well. Now we can't strengthen our squad to the level we would have liked so risk being in exactly the same situation we were when we last won the title where we didn't strengthen the squad enough and got left behind.
Easy to say fight UEFA. Think of the implications in terms of the clubs image and the players ambitions of playing in Europe.

TrueBlue1705 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Neville Kneville said:
We absolutlely have not.

The only thing that will make any difference, is if the 8 homegrown rule still stands. If it doesn't, then we have won by a knockout. The cartel will be fucking gutted by this.

The cartel can appeal this mate.

UEFA fine clubs £50k for vicious racism. They have fined us up to £50m (£16m best case scenario) for differences of opinion over accounting methods. Well and truly shafted!!

Of course we can continue to grow but be in no doubt we have been well and truly mugged off.

Agree with this. City owners need to wise up now - We need the best 'spin doctor' money can buy for a start to compete in the media circus and then sue the sh*t out of our accountants who have presumably been paid millions whilst telling our owners all the time that we were on course to pass FFP when they knew all along that we were skating on very thin ice with some of the creative accounting!! .....

On what grounds can they appeal it ?

Have you heard of any tarrif of sanctions which they can quote in order to prove we have been 'let off' .

They can go "it's not fair" to which the court goes "why?" Answer "errrr".

The Goat 10 said:
The Goat 10 said:
Right so

Anyone?

We have lost some future income so it is effectively a fine but so long as we comply with the terms of the compromise, the fine is realtively low and not the £50m that the headlines are trumpeting.

VOOMER said:
If the goalposts have been moved why are agreeing to this?

why fight to let everybody else in.we are safe now,untouchable.

we will make so much money that arsenal wont ever get near us.

im actually sad for the teams like everton and villa etc,its up to them to take uefa to court.

The Goat 10 said:
The Goat 10 said:
Right so

Anyone?

-no, the season just gone and next season. Also it's 20m Euros (or £16m). not pounds
-60m Euros (or £49m) not counting sales
-This year (may 31st)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.