City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
And yet the men who write cheques chose to ignore these 'principles' - what you should realise is that the world is bent and however admirable a man with principles is, he isn't driving my kind of boat!!!!!

This is the point I was making to de niro.

There are many great moral crusades to take up in the world. Football is not one of them.

We've played the game and, in my view, have come out on top, The G14 have just given themselves the biggest problem in their collective c histories. As ever, Karma's a woman!

Thaksinssoldier said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Marvin said:
I bet Randy Lerner regrets voting for FFP. Slashed the value of his asset
He didn't.

Yes, he did. Aston Villa were one of the most vocal champions of Premiership FFP. It was a horrendous business decision by Lerner, as it meant selling the club at a good profit(on par with past takeovers in prem) would be next to impossible for them. He'll make a slight profit or breakeven at best, as anyone buying Villa wont be able to invest heavily to rise up the table. It's catch 22 and a lot of clubs were too short sighted to realise it at the time. I hope it costs those owners millions.

Villa, Fulham, Southampton, City, West Brom voted against PL FFP, Swansea abstained.

Re: I love FFP - Cartel United and Media Monkeys

MCC said:
Hart of the matter said:
Yeah. Had a great time but loads of Geordie Rags and Dippers came out of the woodwork. At least the Tarquin had a london wideboy accent. Calling them all a cartel really wound them up. The more wound up they got the more they lost the plot. It got very heated with loads of people chipping in. I owned them all by the end :-)

Geordie rags? Do they exist?

My brother in law, the guy that installed my central heating and my next door but one neighbour for a start. Plus the fuckers that were cheering on Everton in my local a week last Saturday. Don't be taken in by the Geordie nation bullshit - there are rag glory hunters everywhere.

Most fans are driven by jealousy and envy, there is not a fan in the world who would not want what has happened to us happen to them, try as you might you won't convince them that FFP will harm most clubs, and will kill the dream of having a rich investor, so I say let them take the medicine and learn their lesson

City have been good for for Football, in terms of the money we have spent and in terms of freshening up what had become a very stale league (the same teams finishing in more or less the same positions every season)

Although I am convinced that the forthcoming legal challenge will be successful and it won't last

FFs you are one dicklick sometimes...... The way to break the nonsense and give it the true worth was for all and sundry to say 'no thanks' we don't recognise the bollocks..... Those same rules are now set in stone across the board, the clubs who will be crying into there steak tartare will get no sympathy, I believe that was the point!!!!!
My point that was BillyShears was incorrect in saying those clubs voted for UEFA's FFP. That was not true. Additionally, the rules differ quite significantly and supporting one shouldn't be seen as a necessary inference of support for the other. For instance, Premier League FFP is much more supportive of owner-injected equity. If the owner injects equity the maximum permitted losses are £105m over three seasons, without it's £15m. £90m extra if you have an owner willing to invest equity. By contrast, with UEFA it's 40m Euros or just over £32m.

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
So that's it then? Our objections to FFP were motivated purely by self interest? Now that it looks like we're alright Jack, nobody gives a fuck about the fact that these regulations will prevent the dream that we've all enjoyed happening to anybody else?

Who gives a shit when the clubs you're talking about all voted FOR FFP whilst we voted against ... we are alright and that is ultimately all that matters.
These club's fans didn't though, did they? And it's the fans that'll suffer in the long run.

coleridge said:
And yet the men who write cheques chose to ignore these 'principles' - what you should realise is that the world is bent and however admirable a man with principles is, he isn't driving my kind of boat!!!!!

This is the point I was making to de niro.

There are many great moral crusades to take up in the world. Football is not one of them.

We've played the game and, in my view, have come out on top, The G14 have just given themselves the biggest problem in their collective c histories. As ever, Karma's a woman!

Mate even the Roman Empire fell at some point, what it will do undoubtedly is show we are an honourable club, one which can be trusted and one which will strive to level the playing field. Those who just see £1b spent are cuckoo IMO, the knock on of this won't be seen for 5/10 years, however, the whole ethos of ADUG is integrity, I believe we've retained that and will be loved more so for it!!!!!

Imagine what the reaction would be if FFP limited the amount owners could take out of a club and not what they invested in it.

u effing fucking arseholes,
sorry not big ,not clever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.