City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Ducado said:
Although I am convinced that the forthcoming legal challenge will be successful and it won't last
The interesting thing there would be whether a ruling that it was illegal would then open up UEFA to all sorts of lawsuits. Every fined club would then be liable for their money back and any loss of earnings resulting from it. They've probably worded their "settlement" in some way to try and avoid it.

Ironically, we can add a 'UEFA approved" badge to the club shirt and berate any rag or Tarquin who accuses us of buying success.

When anyone asks about the three stars, we simply tell 'em they were awarded for financial propriety.

The perfect fumble said:
grim up north said:
Skashion said:
You can also win all the battles and lose the war.

Name one

Vietnam.

Hannibal in Italy
The Spanish Dutch war of the late 16th Century
You might add the war on terror in Afghanistan.
Chelsea in 2013/14. Never lost a 'major' battle but didn't win the prize!

I'm With Stupid said:
Ducado said:
Although I am convinced that the forthcoming legal challenge will be successful and it won't last
The interesting thing there would be whether a ruling that it was illegal would then open up UEFA to all sorts of lawsuits. Every fined club would then be liable for their money back and any loss of earnings resulting from it. They've probably worded their "settlement" in some way to try and avoid it.

I doubt that would happen to be honest, but what may happen they may be asked to come back with something that

A) Meets the stated purpose because it's quite obvious this does not

B) Complies with all aspects of EU Community Law

So they will have a choice, because the real problem is the huge debts that some clubs have (namely our illustrious neighbours and quite a few others) and come up with a system that really ensures that those investing in Football have are sustainable investors (i.e they really do have the money)

Skashion said:
grim up north said:
Skashion said:
You can also win all the battles and lose the war.
Name one
Pyrrhus of Epirus

You'd have to be quite the optimist to consider getting your head chopped off in battle to be a victory

I see the point you're making nevertheless

Would be interesting to know what UEFA will be doing with the 10m they will be withholding from our CL earnings this year.

Stop flapping and go to the transfer forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.