City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

fbloke said:
On question that comes from the negotiated sanctions -

If City were to make a profit of £200m next year how would that impact the agreement to limit spending in the summer window that follows?

It seems there is talk about 14/15 AND 15/16 having limitations on spending which could stop a hugely profitable club from spending its own cash, completely contrary to FFP.

The transfer deal is for this summer only FB.

BlueAnorak said:
fbloke said:

If City were to make a profit of £200m next year how would that impact the agreement to limit spending in the summer window that follows?

It seems there is talk about 14/15 AND 15/16 having limitations on spending which could stop a hugely profitable club from spending its own cash, completely contrary to FFP.

Where have you read this? The UEFA statement says it covers the next two seasons the club statement does not mention next summers transfer window but only talks about this one.

Cityfan said:
BlueAnorak said:
fbloke said:

Where have you read this? The UEFA statement says it covers the next two seasons the club statement does not mention next summers transfer window but only talks about this one.
I think it's a grey area tbh, I read it as just the summer window, but as has been proven countless times I'm a bit thick, so it's probably the opposite

Ducado said:
xgorton said:
ElanJo said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/OfficialDocument/uefaorg/ClubFinancialControl/02/10/69/00/2106900_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

-Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for
seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016
. Manchester City further accepts a calculated
limitation on the number of new registrations it may include within their “A” List
for the purposes of participation in UEFA competitions. This calculation is based
on the clubs net transfer position in each respective registration period covered by
this agreement.
Thanks I keep telling them its for 2 seasons.

Not if we comply!
As long as this potential further punishment doesn't give gill a bit of room to shift the goal posts again and enforce a second season of restrictions when we feel we have passed again. Mind you it seems pretty clear from the statement that if they piss us about again it will result in the full nuclear response.

Cityfan said:
Ducado said:
xgorton said:
Thanks I keep telling them its for 2 seasons.

Not if we comply!
Maybe

The UEFA statement has no mention of lifting of transfer and player registration sanctions for the following season and the clubs statement is:

''The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the Club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season.''

Nothing about the transfer window leading up to 2015/16

The season starts before the window closes.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Specifically parts 18-12 and 18-08
Basically it's pro rata'd down
25 -8 HG
24-7
23-6
22-5
21-4
I think you're reading that wrong. Basically, if you only have 4 homegrown players, then you're only allowed a squad of 21. It's essentially a punishment for not being able to come up with enough local players. I can only assume that if we couldn't come up with 8 homegrown players, then we'd have to register a squad of 17. It's not actually mentioned in the club statement, but I can't imagine they'd let us cut 4 from the homegrown group. Most of the newspapers are reporting that 8 must still be homegrown.

fbloke said:
Cityfan said:
Ducado said:
Not if we comply!
Maybe

The UEFA statement has no mention of lifting of transfer and player registration sanctions for the following season and the clubs statement is:

''The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the Club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season.''

Nothing about the transfer window leading up to 2015/16

The season starts before the window closes.

Officially as far as UEFA are concerned every season starts on July 1st, not when the first ball is kicked.

Cityfan said:
BlueAnorak said:
fbloke said:

It states sanctions would be lifted IF we meet the break even figures declared by UEFA.
City state we will achieve the break even figure by 31st May THIS YEAR.
Ergo, next years financial results will mean sanctions are no longer in place.
Only thing i can't make out for certain is the C/L squad. Think that needs further clarification from UEFA or City imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.