City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

HolisticJim said:
You read the sky sports article and the papers and it all seems very strong.
You read city's version and it all seems rather toothless.

It's just a shame as we are being made out to be cheats when clearly that isn't the case.
I read the Telegraph's online story on this and the headline was
Manchester City accept world-record £50m fine for breach of Uefa Financial Fair Play rules
with a tagline of
Manchester City have accepted a world-record £50 million fine from Uefa after their £1 billion spending spree under Sheikh Mansour was shown to breach its Financial Fair Play regulations.
and a lovely little paragraph
The deal ended a tense stand-off between City and the CFCB’s investigatory chamber over their sanction for failing to comply with rules aimed at combating “greed, reckless spending and financial insanity”.

It's not worth while reading the rest as you get the gist of it from the above.

CheethamHillBlue said:
Cityfan said:
BlueAnorak said:
The transfer deal is for this summer only FB.

Where have you read this? The UEFA statement says it covers the next two seasons the club statement does not mention next summers transfer window but only talks about this one.

It states sanctions would be lifted IF we meet the break even figures declared by UEFA.
City state we will achieve the break even figure by 31st May THIS YEAR.
Ergo, next years financial results will mean sanctions are no longer in place.
Only thing i can't make out for certain is the C/L squad. Think that needs further clarification from UEFA or City imo.

The UEFA statement says that part the fine will be lifted and that the maximum squad size limit will be lifted for the following season if we comply it makes no mention of lifting limits on transfers nor does the City statement.

Is there a list of which clubs voted for FFP just out of interest? I assume it was voted for by the clubs in that organisation that "replaced" the G14. Although it wouldn't surprise me if the clubs had no say in it at all.

Cityfan said:
The UEFA statement says that part the fine will be lifted and that the maximum squad size limit will be lifted for the following season if we comply it makes no mention of lifting limits on transfers nor does the City statement.

I'm certain i read "Sanctions WILL be lifted if we meet the requirements for the next financial season", which City say they will meet by May 31st this year.
I'll try and dig the quote out.

CheethamHillBlue said:
Cityfan said:

I'm certain i read "Sanctions WILL be lifted if we meet the requirements for the next financial season", which City say they will meet by May 31st this year.

From the City website.

"The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the Club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season."
Ergo, they expect one season and one season only. To add to that, don't forget any contract renewals will include bonuses instead of a flat rate weekly wage. Those bonuses are not included.
Basically, we can drop a players wage by £20k a week and pay them £1m bonus for winning the league or C/L etc, subject to the players agreement.

CheethamHillBlue said:
Cityfan said:

The club statement is:

''The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the Club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season.''

It does not say that all sanctions will be lifted or that transfer sanctions will be lifted prior to the 2015-16 season though I suppose you could argue that the window extends into the 2015 season.
The UEFA statement mentins nothing about lifting the transfer sanctions for compilince.

CheethamHillBlue said:
Cityfan said:

That's exactly right :-

The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the Club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season.

Cityfan said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Cityfan said:
Where have you read this? The UEFA statement says it covers the next two seasons the club statement does not mention next summers transfer window but only talks about this one.

It states sanctions would be lifted IF we meet the break even figures declared by UEFA.
City state we will achieve the break even figure by 31st May THIS YEAR.
Ergo, next years financial results will mean sanctions are no longer in place.
Only thing i can't make out for certain is the C/L squad. Think that needs further clarification from UEFA or City imo.

"The nature of conditions that will result in the lifting of sanctions means that the Club expects to be operating without sanction or restriction at the commencement of the 2015-16 season."

i just have one childish thing to say ....
FU-UEFA_zpsf11c60a0.png

GeekinGav said:
i just have one childish thing to say ....
FU-UEFA_zpsf11c60a0.png
Perhaps the fans should make a statement at the first CL home game next season? Booing throughout the CL anthem? Or turning our backs on it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.