City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Fucking ridiculous. I wonder how many of these "other European clubs" will be struggling Serbian 2nd division teams and how many of them will be our direct rivals.

Cityfan said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
Cityfan said:
Where have you read this? The UEFA statement says it covers the next two seasons the club statement does not mention next summers transfer window but only talks about this one.

It states sanctions would be lifted IF we meet the break even figures declared by UEFA.
City state we will achieve the break even figure by 31st May THIS YEAR.
Ergo, next years financial results will mean sanctions are no longer in place.
Only thing i can't make out for certain is the C/L squad. Think that needs further clarification from UEFA or City imo.

The UEFA statement says that part the fine will be lifted and that the maximum squad size limit will be lifted for the following season if we comply it makes no mention of lifting limits on transfers nor does the City statement.
CheethamHillBlue said:
Which part of operating without sanctions for 2015/16 don't you understand?

That's what the City statement says, but that's not what the UEFA statement says with regards to the transfer cap. At no point does it say that the transfer limit will be removed for the second season 2015-2016 if we meet the break-even target.

King Geedorah said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
the fact it's already buried way down the BBC sport page says to me the media realise it's a non-event as well now.

Journos haven't had the chance to write proper features yet, give it time.

The more high brow papers will certainly consider this news.

The clueless cretins at the Telegraph won't.

it looks like we have just got our noses in the uefa trough , just in time , FFP will hurt for a year or two , but the fact is , we dont have to pay stupid wages and transfer fees anymore , players come to us to win trophies , and play in the chumps league every season. We can now pay decent hungry players 80k to 100k basic a week , and give them incentives to win games/cups/leagues , uefa must be seriously pissed we have gate crashed their party.

BlueAnorak said:
King Geedorah said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
the fact it's already buried way down the BBC sport page says to me the media realise it's a non-event as well now.

Journos haven't had the chance to write proper features yet, give it time.

The more high brow papers will certainly consider this news.

The clueless cretins at the Telegraph won't.

I really think you're being unfair .....

...... to cretins

gmckennasell said:
it looks like we have just got our noses in the uefa trough , just in time , FFP will hurt for a year or two , but the fact is , we dont have to pay stupid wages and transfer fees anymore , players come to us to win trophies , and play in the chumps league every season. We can now pay decent hungry players 80k to 100k basic a week , and give them incentives to win games/cups/leagues , uefa must be seriously pissed we have gate crashed their party.
I disagree with your last bit, mate.

I believe UEFA has slowly come to accept our place at the top table of European football. The global focus on our games with Barcelona will have significantly crystallised this in their minds imo. They will perhaps appreciate, although never publicly acknowledge, investment of the scope and scale of ADUG at City could very well be a positive force for wider European football.

Platini and UEFA's remit was to keep the G14 from breaking away and FFP's evolution from being about debt to profitability was a clear manifestation of this. Unlike others I've never felt that FFP was about stopping us in our tracks per se , but rather to protect the status quo by restricting practices which threatened their hegemony. FFP has now, for better or worse, achieved that aim, albeit with the exception of City, with PSG arguably previously being part of that elite. I believe that is palatable to most of the cartel and I strongly suspect sentiment among most ancien regime clubs, at least beyond these shores, is ambivalent to our arrival, and quite possibly even benign now the drawbridge has come up. Those aren't sentiments that are shared among our peers in the English game, however, who I'm sure would all wish we'd just disappear.

We shouldn't look upon the G-14 as some sort of homogenous group of identikit clubs. Like any other alliance, built around mutual self-interest, there will be petty rivalries and back-stabbing between the parties. There are many within that grouping who will have realised which way the wind is blowing and come to accept our place among them. People can always come to accept change once they realise there is nothing they can do to resist it.

Hopefully our power base will strengthen at the expense of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool within European football in the years ahead. It would be a fitting denouement to the project that those who most sneeringly looked down their noses at us and most vociferously resisted our right to exist at the top of the game were the ones left outside once our influence and vision rendered City to be a truly irresistible as a political force within global football, which will surely come to pass, sooner or later.

I hope City keep their powder dry and as the trophies keep coming, as we easily comply with FFP, as our revenue goes up and up we should lobby hard for clubs with enormous debt to be banned!

All this had done is delay us having the same impact in Europe as we have domestically. We will soon have success in Europe as we get more experience. I am sure of that.

taleofbluehalves said:
I hope City keep their powder dry and as the trophies keep coming, as we easily comply with FFP, as our revenue goes up and up we should lobby hard for clubs with enormous debt to be banned!

All this had done is delay us having the same impact in Europe as we have domestically. We will soon have success in Europe as we get more experience. I am sure of that.
Nah, I wouldn't want to stoop that low. Our beef is with UEFA. Winning will be the best revenge.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
gmckennasell said:
I disagree with your last bit, mate.

I believe UEFA has slowly come to accept our place at the top table of European football. The global focus on our games with Barcelona will have significantly crystallised this in their minds imo. They will perhaps appreciate, although never publicly acknowledge, investment of the scope and scale of ADUG at City could very well be a positive force for wider European football.

Platini and UEFA's remit was to keep the G14 from breaking away and FFP's evolution from being about debt to profitability was a clear manifestation of this. Unlike others I've never felt that FFP was about stopping us in our tracks per se , but rather to protect the status quo by restricting practices which threatened their hegemony. FFP has now, for better or worse, achieved that aim, albeit with the exception of City, with PSG arguably previously being part of that elite. I believe that is palatable to most of the cartel and I strongly suspect sentiment among most ancien regime clubs, at least beyond these shores, is ambivalent to our arrival, and quite possibly even benign now the drawbridge has come up. Those aren't sentiments that are shared among our peers in the English game, however, who I'm sure would all wish we'd just disappear.

We shouldn't look upon the G-14 as some sort of homogenous group of identikit clubs. Like any other alliance, built around mutual self-interest, there will be petty rivalries and back-stabbing between the parties. There are many within that grouping who will have realised which way the wind is blowing and come to accept our place among them. People can always come to accept change once they realise there is nothing they can do to resist it.

Hopefully our power base will strengthen at the expense of the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool within European football in the years ahead. It would be a fitting denouement to the project that those who most sneeringly looked down their noses at us and most vociferously resisted our right to exist at the top of the game were the ones left outside once our influence and vision rendered City to be a truly irresistible as a political force within global football, which will surely come to pass, sooner or later.

agree regarding the likes of arsenal and liverpool , would be poetic justice for them to be amongst the also rans ,especially when wenger and rodgers have disrespected our club over sheik mansour's investment , but it should be renamed the Financial unfair play , UEFA have crushed the dreams of clubs who were in a similiar position to us , 5 seasons ago , the likes so of villa,newcastle,sunderland,spurs etc , decent support and sleeping giants , it appears no amount of investment will now allow these clubs to join the "elite" .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.