City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

ManCityX said:
The biggest blow with regards to the sanctions is that we'd have Di Maria, Sanchez or Fabregas in our team now if they hadn't been put in place.
You can't really say that with certainty as even if we'd just passed, we'd still have needed to pass it again this year, with the same two years of big losses to take into account. Spending big might have pushed us into another loss and a fail.

ManCityX said:
The biggest blow with regards to the sanctions is that we'd have Di Maria, Sanchez or Fabregas in our team now if they hadn't been put in place.

Along with Falcao, Hazard etc? The worlds best players aren't just going to come here because of the money. Arguably the only player I'd have of those 3 is Di Maria and he has barely made any impact at United yet. Sanctions or no sanctions and whatever the money, none of these players will come here if they aren't guaranteed 1st team football so who do you drop to accommodate and say adios, Silva or Nasri?

Didsbury Dave said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Correct mate. Mullock's got the steer. And we appear to be structuring deals around milestones, ensuring that large payments fall outside the accounting period.

I think City struck a deal they were happy with, having UEFA largely over a barrel with regards to ramifications, and UEFA went along with it on the understanding that the wider perception was that the punishment was much more severe than it was. I sensed it at the time with our bullish statement.

What about them screwing us over last summer with us failing on a technicality or them moving the goalposts or whatever it was? Are you thinking that UEFA are on-side with us since that?

Tolm appears to be insinuating that. I'm not. I think UEFA moved the goalposts, we came down on them strong with heavy threats of ramifications, and a deal was struck which City could easily work to and made UEFA look to have come down hard when in reality they couldn't.

I am not sure any goal post moving is involved: as I posted in the Agenda thread - extract below - City are just structuring deals sensibly and recording them in line with generally accepted accounting practice.

I don't know with certainty all the facts about the Negredo deal but it does appear that neither none of City, Valencia or Negredo can back out of making his move to Valencia permanent. If that is the case, then despite the fact that it is being referred to as a loan deal initially, it is in substance a permanent sale with extended credit terms. Therefore, City it would be right in accounting terms to allow City to reduce their net spend for this season by the amount that they are guaranteed to receive from Valencia. And, if they choose to, they can pay cash upfront to Swansea.

Prestwich_Blue said:
ManCityX said:
You can't really say that with certainty as even if we'd just passed, we'd still have needed to pass it again this year, with the same two years of big losses to take into account. Spending big might have pushed us into another loss and a fail.

If there was no FFP, I think we would have been in for one or more of those players but that is just speculation; what is not speculation is that we could not go for those guys and make the purchases that we did in the Summer.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It would appear we have been allowed to book the entire amount of the Negredo sale in this current monitoring period - about £27m inc £3m loan fee.

We had a £13m underspend from the summer.

In essence, we have around £40m to spend in this window BEFORE any sales of Guidetti, Sinclair and Nastasic.

Bony is more than covered, as is the potential for another circa £20m plus player if we so wished.

More and more, I believe UEFA and City concocted this whole show.

Leyvin Kurzawa it is then. Use Kolarov as a winger now I'd imagine until he's sold in summer?

IanBishopsHaircut said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Back of the net gord

We're not but ManCityX still makes a good point.

Would you really want that c*nt fabregas anywhere near City?

In the summer when Mr Toure was having his little tantrum slating us? Absolutely. Even now, yes I'd still have him. Fantastic player

Di Maria and Sanchez would also have strengthened our squad significantly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is severely deluded. We are going to have to start competing for this level of player again at some point, hopefully FFPR will be less of an issue and we can do it soon, maybe even this summer

The Fat el Hombre said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
We're not but ManCityX still makes a good point.

In the summer when Mr Toure was having his little tantrum slating us? Absolutely. Even now, yes I'd still have him. Fantastic player

Di Maria and Sanchez would also have strengthened our squad significantly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is severely deluded. We are going to have to start competing for this level of player again at some point, hopefully FFPR will be less of an issue and we can do it soon, maybe even this summer

We are top of the league and through to the last 16 of the champions league...we are just about to buy the best goalscorer in the premier league through the year of 2014...we have won 2 out of the last 3 premiership titles

We don't have to buy every good player in the world

IanBishopsHaircut said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

We are top of the league and through to the last 16 of the champions league...we are just about to buy the best goalscorer in the premier league through the year of 2014...we have won 2 out of the last 3 premiership titles

We don't have to buy every good player in the world

no we don't but to buy one if we needed to is all we ask

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.