City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Give me some credit. I got the teams and manager right!
So they didn't buy any Huddersfield players then?
And Arsenal didn't move to Highbury from Woolwich?
And it wasn't financial doping?

Other than that, I should have started with "once upon a time....."

;-)

Try this next time Buddy ;)
images

Would be interesting to say the least how it got decided. Spurs and Liverpool rank in the middle the Forbes top 20 so I would expect them in regardless of a lack of recent wins. Liverpool also has a sizeable international following which would help that type of league with TV revenues.

Can't just use Forbes/Forbes though as teams like Leicester, West Ham, and Newcastle occasionally pop up on that list. There would be lots of pressure for regional balance too.
There would be a diplomatic row with Norway if Liverpool were excluded.

Actually I would expect there to be two leagues with promotion and relegation between them. This would allow the old cartel clubs to make it into the league even if they are going through a relative bad patch. I would assume the historic big leagues (England, Spain, Italy, German) to take the lions share of places with one to three from some of the smaller leagues (allowing the Scottish Big two for example - after all Celtic have won it and still qualify most years).

I would point out I don't actually want this to happen but I think it's the only way that some cartel clubs can remain on the big stage. Personally I'd go back to European Cup with just winners of leagues and the holders, but that will never happen again.

Bit surprised Citywatch retweeted this:

*PSG would be higher if the Mbappé fee was included also.*

Without this:

Look how much the high and mighty Barca have spent the past two seasons, if only we knew how to get a decent fee on player sales, then again do we want to have to sell a Neymar type player?

-186 MMmmmmmm is someone telling porkies

Season 17/18 Purchase Cost
Lindelöf £31,000,000
Romelu Lukaku £75,000,000
Nemanja Matić £40,000,000
£146,000,000
Season 16/17
Eric Bailly £30,000,000
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Free
Henrikh Mkhitaryan £30,000,000
Paul Pogba £89,000,000
£149,000,000

Net Spend £238

Citys is £282 according to my figures

Haha! I do think on these type of studies you should certainly factor in inflation of when the clubs bought some of the players. Ronaldo in 2009 was £70m, which is an absurd sum in today’s accounting for inflation.
You also need to take into account amortisation and player annual costs, eg wages.

That would add in Rooneys Everton subsidisation, ibrahimovics sky high take home and sanchez’s Dog parlour funding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.