City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

The truth is, nobody except the Glazers and their inner circle is likely to know but I cannot imagine, given their type and locations, that their US malls are doing anything other than haemorrhaging serious amounts of cash. That could be crippling the group as much as united’s interest payments.
Sadly utds interest payments are not crippling the Glazers or utd itself as proved by the amount of spending on new players and shareholders dividends

What I do hope fucks them short term is team viewer not being in a position to fund its sponsorship agreement

This is exactly the point. Debt itself is not a problem. What is a problem is the ability to service that debt out of the revenue you earn. United can easily service their debt. even though between 2015 and 2020, they've spent nearly £400m doing that. Imagine if they'd spent that money on transfers and wages?

If you want to borrow money to buy players, that's not in itself a problem as long as you can repay that money in the agreed timeframe. That's why FFP should look forward, not backwards. What you did or didn't do 3 years ago is pretty irrelevant. What is relevant is what you've got coming in and what you've got going out in the next 12-24 months.

As I've said before, what nearly took us into administration in 2008 was the £15m second instalment on Thaksin/Sven's transfers, that was due just after the 2008 year end and which we didn't have. Had FFP been in place back then, we could well have been in the bizarre situation of passing FFP yet being in administration when we passed it. Which shows how useless FFP really is in its current form.

That’s a really good, easy explanation to how FFP works.

Sadly utds interest payments are not crippling the Glazers or utd itself as proved by the amount of spending on new players and shareholders dividends

What I do hope fucks them short term is team viewer not being in a position to fund its sponsorship agreement
When you spend approx 10% of your yearly revenue (not profit) on a shirt sponsorship of a football club, it’s probably not good.

if any far better financial people want to read:

Because the accusations and the ongoing PL enquiry are held over the club as proof of wrongdoing as in the article cited.

And, on a wider level, the only certain outcome is that the PL, controlled by our direct rivals, is not going to come out and say "you know what, we've looked at this and Manchester City are entirely innocent of any misconduct". They cannot and will not admit that.

So the only question is what charges they will trump up and what damaging findings they will make. Then, of course, the Court proceedings start. All designed to damage the reputation of our club. I'd suggest that is reason enough to keep this thread current.
Yes but this PL investigation has been going on for how long ? And the same clubs have be n looking at it for how long ? Yet in the last week maybe two it’s got a bump why ? Have I missed some news ?

Yes but this PL investigation has been going on for how long ? And the same clubs have be n looking at it for how long ? Yet in the last week maybe two it’s got a bump why ? Have I missed some news ?

more than three season ends - a judge noted as such, probably as a criticism of the pace.

To my understanding:
As for why it's been out, there was a judgement on whether some information should be made public a few months back, which the Mail had someone at. This then got published a few weeks back online by Nick Harris, and copied/cited by all and sundry as something important.

Mostly there's a dragging investigation which there is very little information on what it's about or where it's got to.

Our old friemd Ed Thompson has resurfaced in the latest issue of When Saturday Comes. At the end of an otherwise decent article on FFP, he comes up with this:

View attachment 25820
I mean, how wrong can you be? A strongly worded letter has landed on WSC's desk. Let's see if they print it.
Someone needs to send him this from Stefan..

Times(via Milan news) reporting that FFP changes will be discussed this week in nyon:

The main change is expected to be that clubs will be able to spend a maximum of 65-70% of revenues on salaries, agents and the transfer market.

A penalty defined as a luxury tax will be applied to offenders, which will be automatic and will end up in a fund to be redistributed to compliant clubs.

The newspaper actually questions what effect such a change may have, as it could serve to simply exacerbate the imbalance of forces that already benefits the Premier League and clubs controlled by states, such as PSG and Manchester City.

Slanderous Lies. Shameful power grab dreamed up by the cartel clubs to “protect football”…ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.