City Football Group (CFG) buy into Chinese club Sichuan Jiuniu FC (from Chengdu)

An announcement for a club in China is imminent.

Deal is all agreed. Forget Shenzhen, Shanghai or Beijing.

Still a place with a catchment of around 8-9m people, and some huge deals will be flowing back to Manchester as a result.
Dalian Yifang with Carrasco signing for us?

Still a place with a catchment of around 8-9m people, and some huge deals will be flowing back to Manchester as a result.
Sun Jihai taking over from Khaldoon? Gets my vote.

Sunny is actually a big businessman these days and his sports technology & media company employs 100 people. Interestingly much of the funding came from CMC who own 14% of CFG.

Interesting that it's not Shenzhen, as CFG's China strategy looked (to my uninformed eye) to be focusing there and there isn't a team. Anyway, I'm sure they know what they're doing and have tapped the knowledge of the Chinese partner as to how and where to invest to maximum effect.

I’d laugh my head of if we accelerated past them off the field as well as on it!

What is absolutely wild about China is that a city of 8-9mm wouldn't even put it in the top 15 population centers in the country. There are cities of 10-15mm people that most people in the US or UK have never even heard of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.