City Football Group (CFG) buy into Chinese club Sichuan Jiuniu FC (from Chengdu)

Shenzhen is a significantly bigger market. Comparable to moving from Memphis to Chicago. It's the fastest growing city in China both economically and ... populationally (?). Huge business district too with a lot of new tech based there as well as a massive port. Decent immigrant population as well, and a city that needs a good football team tbh. As acton says, there's been a few attempts and none of them have taken for various reasons.
Really? I mean economically and growth maybe, but a quick look at current populations has Chengdu at over 16 million, whereas Shenzhen has around 12. I'd hardly characterize that as moving from some little regional backwater city to a huge international one.

Really? I mean economically and growth maybe, but a quick look at current populations has Chengdu at over 16 million, whereas Shenzhen has around 12. I'd hardly characterize that as moving from some little regional backwater city to a huge international one.
Both Chengdu(7th in GDP ranking) and Shenzhen(3rd in GDP ranking) are very wealthy big cities. The difference is that Chengdu already has a football team called "Chengdu Rongcheng FC", who finished fourth in the league last year. Not a bad idea to move to Shenzhen. This is a great opportunity to be the only top-tier team in this wealthy city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.