City Galactico era

Jesus H Gabz

Team supported
City
With the signing of Gvardiol, following that of Haaland last summer and Grealish previously, are we now seeing City enter into a Galactico style era, self funded by the sales of youngsters from the academy ? Like Pep moving our tactics onto another level, it seems the likes of Tixi & Omar have elevated our transfer dealings to a different planet, combining the best strategies to facilitate the signing of the best players

Would rather not be anything like that I'm happy being City from Manchester
Me either, but it seems we have taken their model, ripped it up and showed them how to really do it, I’m not talking about signing prancing ponies like Beckham, but genuine world class talent that’s ready to go, with 80-90% of their careers in front of them

Gvardiol is a very highly rated defender with potential to be one of the best but I wouldn't call him a galactico and I doubt Grealish was particularly well known outside of England when he was at Villa.

We've signed some great players in the past but Haaland is the only genuine superstar we've ever signed.

The galacticos were normally attacking players signed for big money to fit into an adroit attacking system.

Haaland fits the bill, Grealish is borderline and before that it was Mahrez who has already gone. The rest were defenders and Rodri for big money.

It is not really a sign a superstar every year policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.