City Galactico era

Not everything is a slight and the only reason for mentioning it was to suggest he has not yet a Galactico with all the attention that typically comes with.
Think this is what rings true.

when we were shite and in the then first/second division I didn't know who was playing for specifically for any prem team, but I knew who Luis Figo, Roberto Carlos, Zidane etc were by name and reputation as global stars, coud I name other Real players? nope or any others in La lIga bar your Overmars and Ronaldinhos

when we were shite and in the then first/second division I didn't know who was playing for specifically for any prem team, but I knew who Luis Figo, Roberto Carlos, Zidane etc were by name and reputation as global stars, coud I name other Real players? nope or any others in La lIga bar your Overmars and Ronaldinhos
Real Madrid 2001

Casillas 510 RM games 167 Spanish caps
Salgado 50 spansih caps
Carlos
Hierro 439 games for RM 89 Spanish caps
Zidane
Raul
Mcpointy
Morientes
47 Spanish caps
Figo
Savio
Campo
Cesar
Guti 387 RM games (only 13 Spanish caps oddly)
Geremi 118 Cameroon caps
Conceicao 45 brazil caps
Makelele 71 french caps

Surely those bolded spring out :)

Real Madrid 2001

Casillas 510 RM games 167 Spanish caps
Salgado 50 spansih caps
Carlos
Hierro 439 games for RM 89 Spanish caps
Zidane
Raul
Mcpointy
Morientes
47 Spanish caps
Figo
Savio
Campo
Cesar
Guti 387 RM games (only 13 Spanish caps oddly)
Geremi 118 Cameroon caps
Conceicao 45 brazil caps
Makelele 71 french caps

Surely those bolded spring out :)
makelele never heard of him before chelsea
mcpointy yes of course I knew him but once he went from liverpool never took any notice until he joined us

Casillas noticed him euros 2016 and WC 2018 for spain, before then no idea

the rest nope no clue and wouldn't know who they played for and when or what national team they are.

Honestly until the rags were turned over by Pep and his clean sweep of trophies tgat season I never paid any attentoin to La Liga, not one bit of interest, why would I? Especially francos castilan club

Siera A well that is different Channel 4 made sure of that and when your bergkam, lombado, zola, ravineli, brolin, mancini were coming to play in England from here I lnew every one of them

makelele never heard of him before chelsea
mcpointy yes of course I knew him but once he went from liverpool never took any notice until he joined us

Casillas noticed him euros 2016 and WC 2018 for spain, before then no idea

the rest nope no clue and wouldn't know who they played for and when or what national team they are.

Honestly until the rags were turned over by Pep and his clean sweep of trophies tgat season I never paid any attentoin to La Liga, not one bit of interest, why would I? Especially francos castilan club

Siera A well that is different Channel 4 made sure of that and when your bergkam, lombado, zola, ravineli, brolin, mancini were coming to play in England from here I lnew every one of them

Ah well, they were hardly unknown players despite your comment.

The Casillas comment is particularly odd, it was all over the news as the youngest keeper to win a CL trophy, 6 years before you had heard of him.

Especially Franco's club, fucking hell really.

An important aspect of a galactico is his ability to sell shirts and attract sponsors and other commercial factors. Japan tour showed that Haaland is a galactico. Typically City ran out of merchandise on that leg. Chips deja vu.
Real will offer him a fortune when they are ready. We should recognise what they are after and put £200m on his head. Another fortune for Alf.

Yes European football seemed a lifetime away and the coverage we did get, watching our rivals, was hardly motivating to follow European football.

I just looked at a few of the finals around that time and I cannot remember Dortmund winning it or Leverkusen reaching the final.

Ah well, they were hardly unknown players despite your comment.

The Casillas comment is particularly odd, it was all over the news as the youngest keeper to win a CL trophy, 6 years before you had heard of him.

Especially Franco's club, fucking hell really.
Do you think everyone watched the champions league, I didn't give a fuck about european trophies, they were on sky at the time which I never had a subscription and was the days before easy to obtain illegal streams.

on Casillas I have seen probably 5 european cup/champions league finals live in my life the first being red star belgrades wiin. in 90/91 obviously our 2, chelsea/rags and real v scouse.

only cup I tune in for every year is the FA cup final no matter the teams

Also yes I despise Real, a club bankrolled by an oppresive facist government for decades, whu would I want to watch or hear about them cunts unless in my interest

but despite all that, somee followed a lot of different football then, some didn't , in the long run me not knowing the galacticos and you knowing them doesn't matter, Gvadiol still isn't a galactico - yet ;-)

Last edited:
Do you think everyone watched the champions league, I didn't give a fuck about european trophies, they were on sky at the time which I never had a subscription and was the days before easy to obtain illegal streams.

on Casillas I have seen probably 5 european cup/champions league finals live in my life the first being red star belgrades wiin. in 90/91 obviously our 2, chelsea/rags and real v scouse.

only cup I tune in for every year is the FA cup final no matter the teams

Also yes I despise Real, a club bankrolled by an oppresive facist government for decades, whu would I want to watch or hear about them cunts unless in my interest

but despite all that, somee followed a lot of different football then, some didn't , in the long run me not knowing the galacticos and you knowing them doesn't matter, Gvadiol still isn't a galactico - yet ;-)
True, I never called him a galactico to begin with, just that he wasn't unknown lol

Maybe I played computer games too much or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.