City games allegedly fixed

For anyone who says it can't go on at the top level, did you not watch the 2002 World Cup!?!?!
Nothing wrong with that. They had Ecuador's finest drug traffi......I mean referee on the case.

Yeah, the idea that match fixing doesn't occur in football is laughable. South Korea had 5 legitimate goals against them ruled out in 2002. The chances of that happening in a single tournament by chance are so small as to effectively prove match fixing. Especially when you look at the people in charge at the time. Italian newspapers in 2015 alleged that the referees were chosen by Jack Warner, who is the definition of a corrupt piece of shit.

In the Premier League, we're led to believe that not a single professional referee supports one of the top teams in the country. Again, the chances of this being genuinely true are laughable, although that's not evidence of organised match-fixing, just the bias of certain referees towards certain teams (although I'm not aware of anyone demonstrating that even with statistics). I don't see how it's particularly difficult to accept that it could be happening and simply hasn't come out yet. Look at stuff like Jimmy Savile where seemingly an entire corporation knew what was going on and managed to hush it up for decades. Look at the decades that cycling was turning a blind eye to cheating. As long as everyone's making money, there's little incentive to be open about it.

Nothing wrong with that. They had Ecuador's finest drug traffi......I mean referee on the case.

Yeah, the idea that match fixing doesn't occur in football is laughable. South Korea had 5 legitimate goals against them ruled out in 2002. The chances of that happening in a single tournament by chance are so small as to effectively prove match fixing. Especially when you look at the people in charge at the time. Italian newspapers in 2015 alleged that the referees were chosen by Jack Warner, who is the definition of a corrupt piece of shit.

In the Premier League, we're led to believe that not a single professional referee supports one of the top teams in the country. Again, the chances of this being genuinely true are laughable, although that's not evidence of organised match-fixing, just the bias of certain referees towards certain teams (although I'm not aware of anyone demonstrating that even with statistics). I don't see how it's particularly difficult to accept that it could be happening and simply hasn't come out yet. Look at stuff like Jimmy Savile where seemingly an entire corporation knew what was going on and managed to hush it up for decades. Look at the decades that cycling was turning a blind eye to cheating. As long as everyone's making money, there's little incentive to be open about it.

Well Taylor certainly doesn't support a top team, he's a rag

Unfortunately he has no evidence whatsoever. If one of these days emails were uncovered proving referee corruption I would be very happy but I think it would have already come out.
I am not one to believe in conspiracy theories but this guys blog seems to be about selling books. He's been lookin at corruption since 2006 and has proven nothing? except suspicious betting patterns that dont match his "Bayesian" mathematical modelling.

He seems like a crank, a well educated one, but he also seems to be touting himself about to drum up as much business as he can. He dosnt even seem to be a football purist doing it for the love of the game but making as much noise as possible so he can sell books, or sell his services - http://www.matchfixinganalytics.org/what-we-offer/

If anyone can correct me or tell me more would be good but seems like he just tells people what they want to hear so he can sell books.

Part of his book here - http://meawhistleblower.com/ feels fkin barmy to me

whats their proof?
He monitors Far Eastern betting markets mainly. Let's suppose there's a dodgy penalty given and, a few minutes before, a ton of money has gone on something like a goal or penalty. Of course that's not absolute proof but it's pretty suspicious wouldn't you say? The Sheikh certainly believes him.

I also believe (although firm information is understandably hard to get) that the FBI is looking at match-fixing in the PL, EFL & CL. If any corruption involves dollars or money being wired via the USA then its fair game for them.

He monitors Far Eastern betting markets mainly. Let's suppose there's a dodgy penalty given and, a few minutes before, a ton of money has gone on something like a goal or penalty. Of course that's not absolute proof but it's pretty suspicious wouldn't you say? The Sheikh certainly believes him.

I also believe (although firm information is understandably hard to get) that the FBI is looking at match-fixing in the PL, EFL & CL. If any corruption involves dollars or money being wired via the USA then its fair game for them.

fair enough, are they doing a book? Presuming from the image on the website they are.

Be certainly an interesting read.

I remember during our first title winning season listening to Talkshite the morning after we had lost for the first time that season, 2-1 away at Chelsea. Mario had put us 1-0 up after 90 seconds and Silva was denied the clearest penalty you will ever see about 10 minutes later. Clichy was red-carded for two nothing fouls and Chelsea got away with foul after foul. Finally a ball was blasted at Lescott IIRC whose arm was up and Clattenburg gave a penalty. For them, every foul was a hard tackle and for us every hard tackle was a foul.

Anyway, on Talkshite the next day they had a talking head on, as they do, from one of the betting firms, who said that a very big bet had been put on Chelsea to win very shortly before the kick off.

Coincidence that a huge bet on a Chelsea win goes on shortly before a referee with a questionable financial history makes a series of decisions that all seem to favour one team?

Maybe, maybe not.

I remember during our first title winning season listening to Talkshite the morning after we had lost for the first time that season, 2-1 away at Chelsea. Mario had put us 1-0 up after 90 seconds and Silva was denied the clearest penalty you will ever see about 10 minutes later. Clichy was red-carded for two nothing fouls and Chelsea got away with foul after foul. Finally a ball was blasted at Lescott IIRC whose arm was up and Clattenburg gave a penalty. For them, every foul was a hard tackle and for us every hard tackle was a foul.

Anyway, on Talkshite the next day they had a talking head on, as they do, from one of the betting firms, who said that a very big bet had been put on Chelsea to win very shortly before the kick off.

Coincidence that a huge bet on a Chelsea win goes on shortly before a referee with a questionable financial history makes a series of decisions that all seem to favour one team?

Maybe, maybe not.
I wonder why in the hell did ****enburg suddenly ditched the spot light , fame and money to only fuck off to Saudi Arabian league?
Maybe he was under investigation or he sensed he is in deep pile of shit.

its got to be right across the board for it to work in games everybody has to be in on it from players to ref's and when people say its not bent just remember the first ever premier league season and united at home to sheff wednesday the day fergie time was invented the ref played to united won

and i will leave this here

They did a hatchet job on Reyes and Ashley Cole that day, and about 10 seconds in does Tyler say that Wooney is "a bit of a rascal" in the tackles?

And that dive for a penalty!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.